Can marriage ever be a sin if both are Christian

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
Actually I believe it is unwise to do so now during all this time and is best left for another time when God shows or if He may never show when things are stable they can marry but is preferable to remain single unless the married persons are dedicated to serving the Lord as much

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
I believe I was wrong to make it a rule but it is not a rule also you have to get married marriage should never be discouraged but it is not forced for one to be with someone you do not think is suitable marriage is something good to influence society when you see Christians care to try to attract others to Christianity by caring for spread of it for more to be Christian so it should be encouraged it could be a way God wants people to serve Him to do more if you have support of another. I think marriage is a good thing that pleases God and I should get married so I will seek to if one accepts me if one seeks to follow God

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
It is not a rule but I believe I was right that it is better to be single to be dedicated to the Lord that it is better for many Christians not to marry because it is inappropriate as many need repentance it is not forbidden but it should only be with other Christians you are sure have a relationship with God we don’t know as it could be risky if a person marry one who was not a virgin it is risky and should not be done because you can’t be sure they changed though it is not forbidden as one could have changed but it is not wise person needs repentance and you can not be sure they changed they should not marry unless they seem to be repentant and it should only be with other Christians who seek repentance who are not virgins it is better for me and others not to get married as we need to focus on repentance though it is permissible but I think it is better not to marry to show care to those who will not get married for them to repent so I don’t think I should marry I don’t believe most Christians need to marry we know the truth God will preserve Christianity through others His own way we need to prepare for the Lord I know others might think it is better for them not to marry if they have to marry someone not a virgin even if they are not but they have to do so it is necessary for their repentance I can not do so unless the Lord has said to me he wants that

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
I decided it is not good to refuse marriage God wants us to show that we love others as marriage is good and was intended to resemble Christ love for others and God wills so I will seek to marry if one accepts me and only one I believe changed who I love and trust who I really believe seeks to have a relationship with God. I believe my marriage if it resembles Christ love to others in accepting others not claiming to be perfect would not be uncaring to those not married as I would not be judgemental so it is wrong if people are offended

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
I believe God wants to ensure people are holy so it is better if people do not marry but if they do it is better for virgin only to marry a virgin as you don’t know if it will work out with non virgin as you don’t know if they fully repented and they are really going to be commited to you and also people don’t have to get married it is not required it is better state not to though people can get married but it is better for a virgin not to marry a non virgin and non virgin to marry non virgin who they can trust

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
I believe I was wrong to make such rules to judge as one could be repentant and if one marries it is good to receive anyone if they repented as anyone repentant deserves to be loved just as the others and such a rule should not apply as many can reject others and treat others bad and they can not ensure they will be in a loving relationship with another who sinned and they should know they have a right to be accepted by anyone who loves them that God did not require a virgin not to marry one who is not except he required it before of priests as they represented Christ being in a unique leadership position and so needed to ensure their marriage resembles marriage of God with His people as one spotless which they needed a guide to help them to seek as best as they could but it could not actually fulfil it after Christ came they did not need that representation anymore for He is the fulfilment to be able to present all His people spotless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
I watched the broadcast below and I am convicted and believe I am wrong I believe that it is a sin for a virgin to marry a non virgin it can be risky it is fornication and God does want virgins to remain it and calls them to be set apart for Him to not misrepresent what God says is right and you can be judged you might not have chance to repent if you do you have to stay married a non virgin should not get married or one risks judgement except to one if they had a serious relationship with one if he comes back and is serious if he seeks to have relationship with God otherwise one should not marry they should not seek new people to marry or they risk judgement they need to continue if they did but they should not do so in first place as you can risk judgement

https://www.lightsource.com/ministry/from-his-heart/what-is-happening-to-our-world-906136.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
It was wrong of me to say and not good of me to judge and to say a non virgin can not marry it is actually encouraged as Paul said to prevent fornication everyone should have their own spouse it is fornication only when it is sex outside of marriage also a virgin should not marry a non virgin as it could be a sin because God may not want them to marry them because He wants them to be separate to show He is against fornication so might risk judgement but it is still a marriage if they did they must be faithful you can only marry once if you are not faithful.

I believe I have no right to judge I am just as bad one who has lusted before many times and still do at times which I must stop so am the same but fornication is more risky because God intends for people to be married as virgins not previously knowing another though they can be forgiven and marry another but I just am not sure if a virgin marrying a non virgin is safe if God does not accept if it is necessary not to to show He is against fornication

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
I believe it is wrong to make a rule that a virgin can not marry a non virgin as a non virgin could have repented and so should not be judged by one as a rule unless one was in a relationship with one before one should stay single or be reconciled to person if person seeks to reconcile if person has same faith or becomes Christian truly though one does not have to marry a non virgin only if one loves person and if that person really seeks to follow God to have a relationship with Him and you trust the person because such a rule should not be made to ensure that they find someone who truly has a relationship with God who will love them the sin of improper marriages in Noah time was that the sons of God married those who did not worship their God or it could be marrying people who are not following God and living in sin if a person who commited adultery marries another it is adultery it should not be done or God might judge one should not marry another or one could be judged but one might of one should leave it unless one had kids but you have to be faithful to that person you have to be commited to one person but it is dangerous so one should never remarry in first place if one cheated they should stay single you can’t get married and you can’t have sex outside of marriage so fornicators who were never married or in a relationship with someone if one did not have premarital sex should either get married and stay commited or stay single because you can’t commit fornication and those who did and all who practice it have to stop doing it to repent of it while they have chance

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
I think I was right and it is a sin for a virgin to marry a non virgin as God wants people to be set apart to show He is against fornication and not to encourage it if people look not to marry virgin which God which God wanted people to be before marriage but if one does one must be faithful a non virgin should marry one similar to them that they trust

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
I think I am wrong and I only said that as I thought it not fair that a virgin may not find another virgin to marry but you don’t have to insist on that because anyway there is no guarantee that there is a virgin for every virgin so if you want to get married you can not insist on that it is their choice who to marry if there is a virgin who wants the same thing as them they can get married to them but God does not insist on that to require that. Also I don’t think it is right to be judgemental if someone broke up with someone for no reason outside of faith or if they were christian and they broke up because they are christian I should not hold their past against them. Actually jesus says such should not marry again as He said whoever divorces one spouse for any reason except sexual immorality commits adultery and whoever marries them commits adultery . But if person was not in a real relationship planning to be together commited to one another I think perhaps I should not be judgemental to hold their past against them though it was sin

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
The article below explains that God keeps us single if a relationship might be bad for one to protect us or to prepare us so we should not rush and lean on our own understanding if we don't know for sure what is right to do that God is leading us

4 Reasons God is Keeping You Single

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
as bible says in last days it will be said blessed are the wombs which never bore]

I have not given birth
however, husband & I are raising the child God blessed us with, born of another in a country far away

1 Samuel 1:27

my purpose is to raise daughter with husband
being a sahm has been a huge benefit
plus adoption experts recommended being at home at least first whole year

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
I think it is preferable for a virgin not to seek to marry a non virgin because God is against fornication and those who kept themselves may want only one who kept themselves and they deserve it and God may will that to show He is against fornication but it is not a sin if you can’t find one and also a non virgin can get married even if they were with someone and sinned as it is both people sin for having sex before marriage they can marry another but it is preferrable to not leave that person if person loved you if he is willing to follow Jesus

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
I believe it should not be a rule that it is better not to make a rule that it is good to accept another if you trust one to seek lost I believe you should let virgin who only wants a virgin to seek one if they can find but they may not they should give chance to everyone if they trust them otherwise they should not get married

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
I believe I was wrong and it is a sin for a virgin to marry a non virgin as God does want to keep them separate to treat sin serious for people not to think God does take their sins lightly that there is no consequence to it that they can commit fornication as though it is not a big sin as they are not married and it is wrong for others to help encourage to think it is light and should not have consequence but they should rather marry one similar to them they accept or not get married
if one did they need to be faithful and God may not want one to as person could use one therefore I believe a virgin should marry a virgin and if one does not find it is one cross to accept God will for them not to get married not all need to get married. I believe God may not want it as bible says in last days a person or people as resembled by jezebel will try to seduce servants to commit sexual immorality and it may be to get married to one false who one may use one
I believe God may will for some not to and I think it is best for me to not get married to seek God and to seek to serve everyone

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2021
Adelaide
✟15,928.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Noah was married. It wasn't all marriage. It was a mixed marriage between human females and fallen angels. Angels aren't supposed to marry. It was a grievous and abominable sin. Jude and Peter refers to it.

Marriage is a sin if you marry your sister or someone else's spouse. So, yes, there are times when it is not a valid marriage. The children of Israel in the time of Ezra and Nehemiah put away their pagan wives.

• Informative
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
I don’t believe it was between angels and women it was between sons of God that is line of Seth as it says men began to call on Lord and others on earth who did not follow God

It is true they were to put away pagan wives but that was because those pagans then did seek to turn them away from God and to stop their children from following God people heart we’re hard in Old Testament and could be influenced people should not marry an unbeliever now as they could be unequally yoked it is not helpful one is not to seek to do it first but Paul said if one believed and had an unbelieving spouse one should not separate if one is willing to live with it but if one is Christian and did it is unwise and foolish as it makes them unequally yoked but one does not have to separate if person will live with it not to affect them with their yoke to be against their Christian faith and raising children Christian

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EmethAlethia

Oct 5, 2014
✟28,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The bible says as it was in the days of Noah they were marrying and giving in marriage and did not know until the flood came and took them all away so it will be when the son of man returns In the days of Noah marriage was a sin because sons of God married daughters of men that is the non spiritual people.

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, "From where do you come?" Then Satan answered the LORD and said, "From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it."

Job 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them to present himself before the LORD.

Job 38:3 "Now gird up your loins like a man, And I will ask you, and you instruct Me! 4 "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding, 5 Who set its measurements? Since you know. Or who stretched the line on it? 6 "On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone, 7 When the morning stars sang together And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

New Testament passages on the topic would be:

Jud 1:6 And
angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, (Heaven) He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, 7 just as (In the exact same way)Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh(Another of a different kind, i.e. angels with human women), are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

2Pe 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6 and if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction by reducing them to ashes, having made them an example to those who would live ungodly lives thereafter;

When the phrase "Sons of God" is used in the Old Testament, from what I see, it ALWAYS refers to angels. They were around when the foundations of the earth were laid and they rejoiced. Mankind wasn't created yet.

I thought marriage is never a sin if person is Christian as Paul said he who marries has not sinned but such will have trouble in the flesh.

1 Co. Chapter 7 the only biblical reason for choosing to bet married in the N.T. is because, if you don't you will end up having sex outside of marriage. If you are touching and things are getting out of hand, or rather into hand, get married, get a room and get busy.

But could it be a sin if the other person possibility may not be a true Christian if they are not of similar background to at least be born in Christian family though it is possible one is a Christian if one is not

Since being unequally yoked with a non-believer, i.e. in a business partnership is wrong/sin, obviously putting yourself into a "one-flesh" relationship, or into any relationship that could even get to that point, would obviously be. What fellowship has God with Belial? One flesh with him ... don't go there.

What other situations is it a sin ?

1Co 7:25 Now concerning virgins I have no command of the Lord, but I give an opinion as one who by the mercy of the Lord is trustworthy. 26 I think then that this is good in view of the present distress, that it is good for a man to remain as he is.

Even in the situation where desires are not inflamed, and there is no risk of fornication, getting married is still "Not a sin" although the obligations to fulfill every single sexual desire of your spouse when it occurs is a part of that commitment regardless of your desire level, so be aware about what you are signing up for. Even if you want to pray, unless there is agreement, satisfy the sexual desires of your spouse first.

I think that some things might be being taken out of context to come to your conclusions. Forbidding to marry probably only refers to forbidding of certain types of marriage.

Even Roman Catholic priests are allowed to be married, they are just told not to practice certain "sacraments" any more. That said, since about 1000 AD certain types of marriage have been forbidden amongst a lot of Christian groups. For example, polygamy is something most groups forbid. They even go so far as to state that it is adultery, but that does not fit with God's definition.

Example: David had 7 wives "before" he committed Adultery, ten took at least 10, possibly 20 more wives after that and never committed adultery. Solomon had 1000 wives and concubines and had sex with all of them and never once committed adultery. Twice in the O.T. God the Father is said to have taken multiple wives and "They" committed adultery "against" Him. Of course God the Father did not sin, right? He knew His own perfect will, right?

Polygamy was rampant throughout the O.T. and early N.T. church. Men changed God's definitions later on. And no, Jesus discussion on divorce only mentions when God considers you lawfully married, i.e. once you are one flesh. It does not invalidate every marriage after the first one. Otherwise Jesus is stating, if you married more than one wife, you never were married in God's eyes at all anyway, nod divorce is necessary you were never married in His eyes in the first place ... That plus, since Jesus is a descendant of David by His 8th wife, can He be king/Messiah if Jesus is invalidating every marriage past the first one? The only way that passage makes sense is if Jesus is saying, if you have sex, God considers you bound for life, regardless of how many wives you have. Just like the O.T..

But ... people don't like that any more. They divorce and marry a different wife, causing them to commit adultery and destruction of an existing family to form another one is the N.T. definition of adultery. Addition is not a problem from God's perspective. Subtraction is a problem. What God has joined ...

So, no group speaks out against marriage, jut against God's definition of it. And most groups speak out against that.

My dad says when Paul says in the last days people will forbid marriage it means because people will live together without getting married I don’t think however it is necessary to get married and have kids you may not raise in God if one is not spiritual but this means people should not sin and if they do they must repent

Sorry, Paul/God says if you are having struggles with touching and inflaming desires that cannot be fulfilled unless you get married, that you should get married for that reason and you have not sinned. 1Co. 7. God commands it. Can't speak for your dad.

I am convinced now that I should not marry because it may not work out my father thought it was good for me though I don’t have to and my grandfather my dads father told me before he died he wanted me to get married but my father said I don’t have to listen to him if I thought it was good and I was able to do something for the Lord I would think to get married but I think being single is being more profitable for the Lord the barren has more children than one who is married because you should not make people feel they have to get married which being single is maybe more safe and good for some and you don’t know if you will meet one suitable

unless I am convinced being married is good if I meet one suitable I don’t think I should get married.

If you aren't having these struggles, follow 1 Co. 7. Make sure that you never spend time alone with a non-Christian of the other sex as that could lead to sin as well. Don't "fellowship" with the lost.

• Informative
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,464.00
Faith
Christian
I was going to say yesterday but I did not want to say so because I was convinced it is God will for me not to marry that I should not seek it but now I am convinced it could be God will to help serve Him I didn’t want to serve others as I believed that is how God wants me to serve others but I suppose it could be God will for people to marry to serve
I was going to say yesterday that I shouldn’t make a rule to say a virgin can not marry a non virgin but I didn’t want to as I believe people can take advantage of one but one person messaged me and I do believe I was wrong and I should not judge any person as person can be good now and they could be helpful for you to do God’s will and you could be the person God wants for that person as they may find it hard to find someone serious and to ensure they do to find someone people trust. You do not have to seek only virgin but it is not required to only seek non virgin but give everyone a chance but I believe it is not required for one to marry a virgin one may not show interest and it is good to give chance to anyone you meet if they have never been in a relationship that was supposed to end in marriage if they had premarital sex and one did not choose not to marry if they show interest if I can trust them if they are right for me

it is only wise to get to know person first and only do so if you trust person

Last edited:
Upvote 0