Pennsylvania
✟791,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I think it should be mentioned (maybe already has) that once marriage has happened, it is not a sin. It is what it is. The foolishness that led to it can be sin. The reasons for it might be sin. But marriage is not sin.

• Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I don’t think I am right for anyone I am not spiritually mature enough and not husband material to be able to do anything good for a wife or children and I don’t think I would even be able to be a good father for children to provide for them I am not stable in terms of showing that I work hard already nor do I feel I could provide spiritual guidance and security for a child not being mature so I am not even going to try if I am not ready and God requires fathers to bring up children in the fear of God and also to be there for one children the bible says better to have no children than an ungodly one and I don’t think I can bear to have a child who could be lost if he is not wise without me if I did not help be able to raise one and to make him secure so I am not even going to try now because I don’t think I am in the best state to do so now and to feel I could certainly know already how to fully raise a child

I think I realise now the truth that I should not put burdens hard to bear to support that for God does not require anything from people except repentance we are saved by grace and if we are truly saved we will then want to work for Him it is a necessary fruit for some are saved in 11th hour. If you know your duty earlier you must follow it because you do not know if you will have opportunity to do your duty later

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2021
North America
✟9,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The bible says as it was in the days of Noah they were marrying and giving in marriage and did not know until the flood came and took them all away so it will be when the son of man returns

In the days of Noah marriage was a sin because sons of God married daughters of men that is the non spiritual people

I thought marriage is never a sin if person is Christian as Paul said he who marries has not sinned but such will have trouble in the flesh

But could it be a sin if the other person possibility may not be a true Christian if they are not of similar background to atleast be born in Christian family though it is possible one is a Christian if one is not

What other situations is it a sin ?

But how can it take them by surprise if Christ will come after the tribulation do you think some will not even believe they are in the tribulation because how then can it take them by surprise ?

My dad says when Paul says in the last days people will forbid marriage it means because people will live together without getting married I don’t think however it is necessary to get married and have kids you may not raise in God if one is not spiritual but this means people should not sin and if they do they must repent

I am convinced now that I should not marry because it may not work out my father thought it was good for me though I don’t have to and my grandfather
my dads father told me before he died he wanted me to get married but my father said I don’t have to listen to him if I thought it was good and I was able to do something for the Lord I would think to get married but I think being single is being more profitable for the Lord the barren has more children than one who is married because you should not make people feel they have to get married which being single is maybe more safe and good for some and you don’t know if you will meet one suitable

unless I am convinced being married is good if I meet one suitable I don’t think I should get married

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2021
North America
✟9,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Read 1 Corinthians chapter 7. Paul says if you can live without lusting for another you do good but if you cannot live without lusting it is better to marry. he also says that those who choose not to marry put there concerns on how to please God the one who marries concerns how he can please his spose. also Paul wishes for people to remain single if they can because the time is short a man who marries his virgin does not sin also if he can control himself he is not sinning by not having sex with her. but if he does have sex with her he has not sinned. he also says that if you are in a sexual relationship that you should not withhold sex from one another except for prayer so that Satan will not tempt you. a Saint of God

• Informative
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I thought I should not get married because others are not married and it is a stumbling block to them as I do not want to offend others so I did not want to get married I thought that is God will for me to do as it says you can not serve God and mammon either you will love one or hate the other and be loyal to one and despise the other if I plan to only work for sake to make a wife happy if I am not sure if I marry that I could that I would be expected to care for family first and I wanted to be single to help reach others I had a desire so I thought it is my gift but I don’t know if I am able now to really do anything useful and marriage may help me have a purpose to do good that I am not alone to be able to do something so I do plan to marry now unless I can find that I can serve God but I have not been able to find so I am focusing on work and if I find later I hope I can

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have not spent much time thinking about this but, when people get married they are entering into a covenant making promises and expecting blessings from God. If one of those people is telling a lie and for example has no intention of being faithful to their spouse, would that not be a sin, effectively they have attempted to deceive God. What are your thoughts?

The lie is a sin. The marriage is not a sin.

However, there is a question in my mind about whether a covenant is valid if one party never had intention, and in fact does not, carry out the covenant promises that he made.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being unequally yoked isn’t a sin, and the Bible doesn’t say it is - it’s just unwise to marry when you know you’re not equally yoked.

Paul says if you’re in that situation, to remain married - and warns against being foolish enough to deliberately become unequally yoked.

IMO, when scripture explicitly says "Do not" and one does it anyway, that's sin.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I know now it is probably not God will for me to marry. I decided I will not marry as I know my life would be least fruitful to God as I doubt I could be as devoted to God I would lose that gift and not be able to serve the kingdom so I won’t marry

1 Corinthians 7:25-39
25 Now concerning virgins: I have no commandment from the Lord; yet I give judgment as one whom the Lord in His
mercy has made trustworthy. 26 I suppose therefore that this is good because of the present distress—that it is good for a man to remain as he is: 27 Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be loosed. Are you loosed from a wife? Do not seek a wife. 28 But even if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. Nevertheless such will have trouble in the flesh, but I would spare you.
29 But this I say, brethren, the time is short, so that from now on even those who have wives should be as though they had none, 30 those who weep as though they did not weep, those who rejoice as though they did not rejoice, those who buy as though they did not possess, 31 and those who use this world as not misusing it. For the form of this world is passing away.
32 But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord. 33 But he who is married cares about the things of the world—how he may please his wife. 34 There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world—how she may please her husband. 35 And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction.
36 But if any man thinks he is behaving improperly toward his virgin, if she is past the flower of youth, and thus it must be, let him do what he wishes. He does not sin; let them marry. 37 Nevertheless he who stands steadfast in his heart, having no necessity, but has power over his own will, and has so determined in his heart that he will keep his virgin, does well. 38 So then he who gives her in marriage does well, but he who does not give her in marriage does better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
There are men I have no business marrying. I know better. Maturity, wisdom, and awareness of the Lord's desires and purpose make me culpable. To knowingly go against them in deference to feelings, fear, or impatience is sinful.

Because I know the truth. I'm expected to walk within the measure of light I've been given. If I opt to do otherwise I get the consequences. God's will is my benchmark. That's the standard I'm contemplating.

Just because he's a believer doesn't mean I should be yoked to him. We've all been called for such a time as this. I know why I'm here. It's my responsibility to forge a complementary alliance. Not one that derails me or brings unnecessary hardships to accomplish the mission.

There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.

~bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I agree you need someone who is an equal partner I only hope to be an equal partner to someone who I am not an obstacle to them being able to fulfil God’s calling for their life

Some people bring out the best in us. That's the person you want in your corner. They're not always the brightest or commendable in a worldly sense. But your souls are united and you're on the same page.

The boat moves in one direction simultaneously. No matter what He asks—big or small—they're on board. That's how you accomplish great things for God. It isn't the size of the mission that matters. It's your commitment to crossing the finish line.

A lot of folks like the idea of God as long as they're comfortable. But touch their money, possessions, or the things they value and you'll see where they stand. Their sacrifice is conditional. They'll set aside the meaningless stuff. But nothing important.

You don't marry that person. Not if you want to finish well. :)

~bella

• Informative
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I think it could be risky to get married as I believe it seems it could be end days and things are difficult as Paul said because of difficulty of days it is better not to seek a wife so I won’t and also because I don’t think I am prepared to raise children now and I am not sure if a wife would ever get along with me and should not risk divorce

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I think it is wrong to discourage Christian marriage as it is wrong to put others in fear as that can lead to end of days as bible says at end people will forbid marriage as there is not guaranteed that there will be many Christians in future if it is discouraged for Christians to marry so I will seek to get married if one accepts me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I thought maybe it is wrong to marry because things are bad now and there may be persecution and I thought I should avoid getting married in such a time as this as it may be irresponsible to have a child knowing he may have to face persecution for fear we may not have the ability to endure but I think that is not true as others have endured and I should trust in God as that is what the devil wants to try to destroy Christianity to remove its influence because then not there may not be any Christians left to influence others

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I believe I do not have to marry I do not help ensure Christianity continues the world will end when God wants it to as there will always be Christians in the world as there will always be few who God keeps and calls for marriage but it is people responsibility to accept the gospel and repent I believe if I want to serve God it is good for me not to marry and I think it could be risky for people to marry in times like this

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I think it is God’s will for many Christians to marry if they are able to because God wills people to have children to ensure there are more Christians to help influence society as they do not seek to do what is good refusing to marry and bear children
Though God accepts it if one does not want to marry it does not help

It also might be a more helpful way to serve God for some unless people know how they can serve God as single
So I will seek to marry if I can find someone but no one seems to be interested in me now

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I believe Christians never had a duty to marry but to do the Lord will people should wait for instructions from God if He wants people to marry but if He does not give instructions God may not will for all to marry it could be end of days so people should not marry incase it is sin
Only those could be married who show they are faithful already spending time with God and know Him well who God has shown to them He wants them to marry to help and who are able to raise children who are mature to be profitable

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I change my mind as I see now that God did intend us to marry and have children to give a proper image of Christianity or it can lead to last days as that is when people refuse marriage because it can lead to decline in Christianity and if there is not hope for many generations to be Christian it can be last days so if you are Christian and you are able to get married to support a family then it is good to get married so I will seek marriage if one accepts me

Last edited:
Upvote 0