DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Presbyterian symbol is that of the PCUSA, which I want nothing to do with. Is it acceptable to post in the Presby forum without it? Will the Calvinist marker do?

I'm PCA.

I have a Calvinist marker as well. I don't think there is a general Icon for all Presbyterians. I agree that the PC-USA one won't do...

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm a reformed Baptist and I lurk here reading random posts, these are friendly Presbyterians here open to all. and I agree there ought to be a generic Presbyterian logo.... maybe someone could craft one... aside from Calvinism and the Bible what are major symbols in the Common Presbyterian Faith that would make a good icon?

Upvote 0

kenrapoza

I Like Ice Cream
Aug 20, 2006
Massachusetts
✟11,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I rather like the PCUSA one, but I see where you're coming from ;)

I do also! There is actually quite a bit embedded in the PC(USA) symbol. It just causes confusion since it's not a "neutral" icon.

Upvote 0

kenrapoza

I Like Ice Cream
Aug 20, 2006
Massachusetts
✟11,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a reformed Baptist and I lurk here reading random posts, these are friendly Presbyterians here open to all. and I agree there ought to be a generic Presbyterian logo.... maybe someone could craft one... aside from Calvinism and the Bible what are major symbols in the Common Presbyterian Faith that would make a good icon?

Presbyterian Cross:

180px-USVA_headstone_emb-04.svg.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums