• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Can christians use lawyers?

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I was denied disability for my multiple chronic problems I have, including fibromyalgia. I would like to know in a case like this, would getting a lawyer be wise or not? I just don't want it to be as though I don't trust God in this matter and not seek disability and rely on him for my needs. I guess I feel like, ok, God, I don't trust you to care for me, so I am going to get a lawyer and help me get disability so that I can have income to take care of my needs and bills. Do you see what i am saying? Ahhh so confused.
littlek

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, I was denied disability for my multiple chronic problems I have, including fibromyalgia. I would like to know in a case like this, would getting a lawyer be wise or not? I just don't want it to be as though I don't trust God in this matter and not seek disability and rely on him for my needs. I guess I feel like, ok, God, I don't trust you to care for me, so I am going to get a lawyer and help me get disability so that I can have income to take care of my needs and bills. Do you see what i am saying? Ahhh so confused.
littlek

So let me understand this.
You want to use a Lawyer, but think it might show that you don't trust God,
Yet
You will use a Doctor but that doesn't show that you don't trust God. :confused:

If you can use a Doctor and trust God, then you can use a Lawyer and still trust God.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I guess I didn't look at it that way.

I'm just saying if you can use one, you should be able to use the other.
Now their may be some that will say you shouldn't use the doctor in the first place (I'm not in that camp)
I think God gave us the skills to learn how the body works.
Man also has gone haywire with laws, regulations, ect, but some people(Lawyers) have the skill to know how the law / regulations ect work, and how to make it work for us. So I'd say use the Lawyer with the same confidence you'd use a Doctor, car Mechanic, Plumber, Electrician, ect.

Asking another person for help isn't showing that you Don't trust God, it's just allowing God to put someone in place to help you. How many times in the bible does God help us by having someone be their for us? Almost all the time.

Reactions: Colleen1
Upvote 0

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pgp,
Ha, the funny thing is that I really don't trust a lot of doctors, esp being an RN and seeing some flaky ones. I do see your point though. I guess I never thought about the mechanic, plumber, electrician, etc, we do use those, so why would they be different from a lawyer. Thanks for your advise. :)

Cmjames84,
Thank you for your prayer, you are a very sweet person. I am glad to other christians to talk to. Thanks :)

Reactions: Colleen1
Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
littlek

I see what you are saying but the truth of the matter is the decision is yours. It's between you and God. Many people will comment on issues they really don't understand. In other words, I don't see any thing wrong with using a lawyer. The law is there to protect us and lawyers are a part of this system. But, just like bad plumbers, etc. there are lawyers that aren't as good as others. Since lawyers cost a lot of money, having a clear understanding of what a lawyer can and can not do would be helpful. This will help you clarify what you want them to focus on, how much it will cost and whether or not they can effectively help you. Just like there are many misnomers about illness, there are misnomers about christianity and the Bible. Take care. Thanks for your honesty.

Upvote 0