Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Greens
Basically I've been really ill for quite a few years now. I got thyroid cancer. The treatment caused me to develop heart problems, which caused a blood clot, which caused a stroke. Now I'm partially sighted and can't walk properly because of the stroke. I've ended up on disability benefits. I'm in a lot of pain regularly, and the benefits just aren't enough to cover rent, food, utilities and I've gone £2K overdrawn. Now the bank charges on that are eating into my income even more. I'm sinking, I'm so hungry all the time because I can't afford more than one meal a day. I am trying SO HARD to hold on to my faith but being hungry, ill and stressed all the time has taken its toll and I find myself thinking that suicide would be the only way out. I can't keep going on like this. "Thoughts and prayers" and the usual platitudes don't help me. Nothing changes. I have no family to help me and it's all just too difficult. I don't know how to hold on to faith. People just quote bible verses or tell me to read the bible. it's not helping. I have stolen some items on several occasions from the supermarket because i was so hungry and had no money for food. I have a week to go until my next payment and no food. I don't know how I'm supposed to live like this. Why does god want me to be beaten down and despairing?

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You’ve blocked us all from trying. You need money. I don’t know what I can do. Do you pray?

I know a lady that prays and she’s been healed of cancer at least twice. My wife has a bad back but she has me.
There are avenues even for you. But a bad attitude. Proverbs 6:18, Pray and I will pray for you..

Lord help this woman. She’s disabled and almost destitute. Things are bad for the poor in uk. Can anyone hear to feed the hungry Lord. Can someone please help before she is not helpable anymore. Lord please restore her faith in you. You are the God of comfort. Please warm her up and love on her. Restore a positive attitude and help her.
In Jesus Name!

Reactions: Sir Joseph
Upvote 0

StormInside

On my quest for the Holy Grail.
Aug 16, 2008
England
✟20,030.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Greens
You’ve blocked us all from trying. You need money. I don’t know what I can do. Do you pray?

I know a lady that prays and she’s been healed of cancer at least twice. My wife has a bad back but she has me.
There are avenues even for you. But a bad attitude. Proverbs 6:18, Pray and I will pray for you..

Lord help this woman. She’s disabled and almost destitute. Things are bad for the poor in uk. Can anyone hear to feed the hungry Lord. Can someone please help before she is not helpable anymore. Lord please restore her faith in you. You are the God of comfort. Please warm her up and love on her. Restore a positive attitude and help her.
In Jesus Name!
So, typical Christian response. It's my fault. Bad attitude? You try living like this for years on end, and hearing inane platitudes about how it will get better and people are praying for you. Christianity really is nothing but virtue signalling and hypocrisy.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Basically I've been really ill for quite a few years now. I got thyroid cancer. The treatment caused me to develop heart problems, which caused a blood clot, which caused a stroke. Now I'm partially sighted and can't walk properly because of the stroke. I've ended up on disability benefits. I'm in a lot of pain regularly, and the benefits just aren't enough to cover rent, food, utilities and I've gone £2K overdrawn. Now the bank charges on that are eating into my income even more. I'm sinking, I'm so hungry all the time because I can't afford more than one meal a day. I am trying SO HARD to hold on to my faith but being hungry, ill and stressed all the time has taken its toll and I find myself thinking that suicide would be the only way out. I can't keep going on like this. "Thoughts and prayers" and the usual platitudes don't help me. Nothing changes. I have no family to help me and it's all just too difficult. I don't know how to hold on to faith. People just quote bible verses or tell me to read the bible. it's not helping. I have stolen some items on several occasions from the supermarket because i was so hungry and had no money for food. I have a week to go until my next payment and no food. I don't know how I'm supposed to live like this. Why does god want me to be beaten down and despairing?
I have seen that local churches offer free food to cook. Maybe also near you?

And some churches have lunch after the service. Some have after church parties and serve pizza... Look for local church and secular charities and social services. I studied social service and there are many services hidden in the cities. See if there is a service to find services and I think of the Salvation Army and the Net. Catholic Care and Anglicare, Wesley Mission or Methodist churches, search the Net.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There's all kinds of programs out there for immediate food, help. You have to call or go apply. Start with city neighbor hood services. Go to the nearest church and tell them you are hungry. I am your first half of your post and lose my faith over pain 24/7 for 30 years now. We all have something. Suicide, i wish it was easy but what would it really do for you and your family. As you've heard before, we have to fight the good fight. They never said it would be easy. i will pray for you. You do the same for all of us with the same or similar plight. I'll tell you this i get weary of people who are always saying they are healed. It's easy to lose faith with everyone around saying that. . God loves us all. You no more or less then me. Be strong cuz here comes another trial:). AND DO KNOW THAT GOD LOVES YOU AND HANG ON, PLEASE. besides me i am sure there are others here that would like to help you financially. My status won't allow me to pm. But we can try to figure something out. Do you have a PayPal account or something similar? Post it, no strings:)

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Waw! You are going through it my friend!!

Look, on here you will get us saying to pray etc etc. This is can be frustrating as you want immediate help.

But, keep close to God no matter what. You are not alone!

I know how you feel. Suffering is a big part of my life too. Mental and physical.

Can you reach out to food banks etc to help you get by? I also assume you have spoken to your GP ( I know, some are useless! I know this through experience).

On top of that, keep praying my friend.

Remember one very important fact. Jesus is carrying you while you are carrying your cross! Offer up your sufferings for others.

I pray that God will help you. Be strong.

God bless you friend.

Upvote 0

StormInside

On my quest for the Holy Grail.
Aug 16, 2008
England
✟20,030.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Greens
In the UK I heard of Hillsong London, and I know they have something that may be called Citycare.
Thanks but I live hundreds of miles away from London. It says they only deal with people within a 15km radius.

Upvote 0

InChristAlone525

May 12, 2022
tropics
✟10,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Surely there is one church near you? God provides but you also have to take a step out in faith. Being alone as a christian is no bueno, you need friends, you need neighbors, you need the church body. We have become far too isolated, that is not how God wants us to live.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, typical Christian response. It's my fault. Bad attitude? You try living like this for years on end, and hearing inane platitudes about how it will get better and people are praying for you. Christianity really is nothing but virtue signalling and hypocrisy.

I’m really sorry about what’s going on. It’s sad that you have no one to trust or help. It’s got to be stressful to only eat one meal a day. No one there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0