Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Since the one who practices righteousness is righteous, is a man righteous if he doesn't practice righteousness?
Since you seem to be asking for a lesson in logic - the answer is perhaps and perhaps not.

In the sentence you provided above - it does not follow logically that a man cannot be righteous and not practice righteousness.

We may answer the question through looking systematically at other statements - but not logically from that sentence itself.
Really Marvin? Here is the verse again -
1 John 2:29
If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
If you don't practice righteousness, you are not born of Him - see how simple that is?
I think it does address regeneration, despite your objection.
It says that if a man practices righteousness you can count on the fact that that man has been born of Him. Hence my observation that those who practiced righteousness in the O.T. were born again people.

But it does not logically follow that if a man is not practicing righteousness you can count on the fact that he has not been born again.

If I say that any animal giving cow's milk is a cow. - that is not saying that if an animal is not giving cow's milk it is therefore not a cow.
So, if a man continues in sin, he is still living to the old man and hasn't cast if away from himself. He doesn't have to be changed back into the old man, it was there all along.
The scriptures talk about us as new creations in the present tense.

They do not say that we can become new creations if we take off the old man and put on the new man and act righteously.

That will do it for us for now. You just seemed to need a quick lesson in logic.:wave:

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since you seem to be asking for a lesson in logic - the answer is perhaps and perhaps not.

In the sentence you provided above - it does not follow logically that a man cannot be righteous and not practice righteousness.

We may answer the question through looking systematically at other statements - but not logically from that sentence itself.

It says that if a man practices righteousness you can count on the fact that that man has been born of Him. Hence my observation that those who practiced righteousness in the O.T. were born again people.

But it does not logically follow that if a man is not practicing righteousness you can count on the fact that he has not been born again.

If I say that any animal giving cow's milk is a cow. - that is not saying that if an animal is not giving cow's milk it is therefore not a cow.

They do not say that we can become new creations if we take off the old man and put on the new man and act righteously.

That will do it for us for now. You just seemed to need a quick lesson in logic.

If somebody is not really of God and they are appearing to do righteous things before others, that does not mean they are doing all the righteous things of God and or they are doing righteous things in secret before God. Wearing sheeps clothing does not make one a sheep. But sheep are defined as those who FOLLOW Jesus in John 2:27; And Jesus says we will know false prophets by their fruit (i.e. deeds). So while at first glance one may appear to be righteous, there will be some kind of slip up on their part showing that they are not of God by their deeds.

If you are of the belief that all true regenerated believers will act and behave righteously always, then you have to ask yourself why Jude says there are those who are twice dead and how the Prodigal Son could have been said to have been dead and alive again when he came home to his father. You also have to ask yourself why you have to change so many verses that talk about falling away from the faith within the Scriptures. For if we were talking about one or two verses (that would be one thing), but the sheer number of verses makes it unmistakable that believers can fall away from the faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If somebody is not really of God and they are appearing to do righteous things before others, that does not mean they are doing all the righteous things of God and or they are doing righteous things in secret before God.
Of course it does not mean that.

No one said that it did.
Wearing sheep's clothing does not make one a sheep. But sheep are defined as those who FOLLOW Jesus in John 2:27; And Jesus says we will know false prophets by their fruit (i.e. deeds)....
Of course it doesn't.

No one said that it does.
So while at first glance one may appear to be righteous, there will be some kind of slip up on their part showing that they are not of God by their deeds....
We all slip up. Paul slipped up. Peter slipped up. I slip up. You slip up.

That shows that we are all too human with and old nature as well.

That does not show that we are not of God.

The deeds of men do indeed display whether they are of God and whether they are of God and all too human like Paul, Peter, you and me.

They may also display those who are not of God.

What's the point? I would hope that it isn't that Paul, you, and I are not of God because we slip up.
If you are of the belief that all true regenerated believers will act and behave righteously always,
I am not of that belief.

My beliefs are quite to the contrary as I have said many times.
then you have to ask yourself why Jude says there are those who are twice dead and how the Prodigal Son could have been said to have been dead and alive again when he came home to his father.
Dead is used many ways in the Bible to illustrate many conditions.

Are you insinuating that the Prodigal Son, Paul, and Peter were or that you and I are spiritually un-regenerated when we do these "slip" ups you referred to?

Are you of the belief that we can and will be regenerated every time we truly repent and return to the Father? Are we ordered off the throne where we are seated with Christ every time we slip up?

Or is it that you disbelieve the scriptures and believe that we will only be placed in that state after we have proven ourselves worthy when our life is examined in the end?
the sheer number of verses makes it unmistakable that believers can fall away from the faith. ...
Of course.
You also have to ask yourself why you have to change so many verses that talk about falling away from the faith within the Scriptures.
When did I "change" many verses?

Who said that we are "in the faith" while "slipping up"?

You believe that those who have passed from death to life can come again into condemnation. Talk about changing verses.

Until you acknowledge that that verse can only be taken one way and that you believe the Lord - we will never be able to discuss the alternative ways that many others look at the scriptures you so often refer to.

It appears to me that you have are not in the faith at this time - if you ever were.

People from "my side" of the discussion readily acknowledge every scripture you so often put forward. But - of course - we approach them from a different paradigm.

You - on the other hand - will not acknowledge the scriptures we put forward. The quotation from the Lord which I referred to is a prime example of such. That verse can only be taken one way and that is that "true" believers can never be lost and go to Hell.

Until you acknowledge what the Lord clear said - discussion with you is useless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course it does not mean that.

No one said that it did.

Of course it doesn't.

No one said that it does.

We all slip up. Paul slipped up. Peter slipped up. I slip up. You slip up.

That shows that we are all too human with and old nature as well.

That does not show that we are not of God.

The deeds of men do indeed display whether they are of God and whether they are of God and all too human like Paul, Peter, you and me.

They may also display those who are not of God.

What's the point? I would hope that it isn't that Paul, you, and I are not of God because we slip up.

I am not of that belief.

My beliefs are quite to the contrary as I have said many times.

Dead is used many ways in the Bible to illustrate many conditions.

Are you insinuating that the Prodigal Son, Paul, and Peter were or that you and I are spiritually un-regenerated when we do these "slip" ups you referred to?

Are you of the belief that we can and will be regenerated every time we truly repent and return to the Father? Are we ordered off the throne where we are seated with Christ every time we slip up?

Or is it that you disbelieve the scriptures and believe that we will only be placed in that state after we have proven ourselves worthy when our life is examined in the end?

Of course.

When did I "change" many verses?

Who said that we are "in the faith" while "slipping up"?

You believe that those who have passed from death to life can come again into condemnation. Talk about changing verses.

Until you acknowledge that that verse can only be taken one way and that you believe the Lord - we will never be able to discuss the alternative ways that many others look at the scriptures you so often refer to.

It appears to me that you have are not in the faith at this time - if you ever were.

People from "my side" of the discussion readily acknowledge every scripture you so often put forward. But - of course - we approach them from a different paradigm.

You - on the other hand - will not acknowledge the scriptures we put forward. The quotation from the Lord which I referred to is a prime example of such. That verse can only be taken one way and that is that "true" believers can never be lost and go to Hell.

Until you acknowledge what the Lord clear said - discussion with you is useless.

Matthew 13:41-42 clearly says that those in Christ's Kingdom who commit offense (sin) and iniquity (intense sin) will be gathered up by His angels and cast into the furnace of fire (i.e. the lake of fire).

The Bible also says that the unprofitable servant will be cast into outer darkness whereby there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:30). Gnashing of teeth is what Stephen the apostle experienced from those individuals who stoned him. Gnashing of teeth is what wolves do. Not saints. Being cast into outer darkness does not sound like a nice place, too.

Also, in Revelation 3, it is written,

15 "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."
(Revelation 3:15-19).

I am sorry, the passage above here does not sound like Eternal Security to me.

Then there is Revelation 2 that says,

9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
(Revelation 2:9-11).

Nothing here about a belief alone on Jesus with no works that saves you. We are told that if we are faithful unto death, we will receive the crown of life. Is not the crown of life equal to having eternal life? Is not he that overcomes in all these trials not going to be hurt by the second death? Is not the second death the Lake of Fire? (Revelation 21:8). Does this sound like a belief alone on Jesus? James says we are justified by works and not by faith only. (James 2:24).

Meaning salvation is not Man Directed Works Alone Salvationism like the Pharisees believed and salvation is not Easy Believism whereby a person falsely thinks that nothing they could ever really do can effect their salvation (Which is basically telling people that they can have a license to sin - whether you agree with that conclusion or not). For people tend to do the wrong and not the right thing. Unless of course they have been truly born again. Then they have a chance or shot at doing the right thing.

As for believers stumbling into sin: Well, nowhere did I ever say that such a thing was not possible. The difference between the Biblical teaching of Conditional Security vs. (versus) the two most popular versions of Eternal Security is that:

Conditional Security is like the alcoholic who stumbles on occasion on his road to recovery in being sober and alcohol free;
Whereas in the two most popular versions of Eternal Security it is like the alcoholic who stumbles into alcoholism the rest of their life and yet they claim they are free of their alcohol.

The one individual sounds like they have been reformed.
The other does not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Matthew 13:41-42 clearly says that those in Christ's Kingdom who commit offense (sin) and iniquity (intense sin) will be gathered up by His angels and cast into the furnace of fire (i.e. the lake of fire).

From the world religion(s), I thought that part of Matthew and others like it throughout Scripture were deleted IN THEIR BIBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course , they are wrong.......

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
?? He has been posting it repeatedly over and over and over.....
what point don't you get ??

Remember --- Scripture ONLY. "what Jesus says" not some other lord.....

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Remember --- Scripture ONLY. "what Jesus says" not some other lord.....

If that becomes the standard, then what must follow is every book except the four Gospels must thrown out for discussion.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If that becomes the standard, then what must follow is every book except the four Gospels must thrown out for discussion.

God Bless

Till all are one.
You don't think the rest of the Bible is God's Word ?
You're strange if you think that!

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You don't think the rest of the Bible is God's Word ?
You're strange if you think that!

You said, and I quote:

Scripture ONLY. "what Jesus says" not some other lord.....

We have Jesus' words in the Synoptic Gospels.

That is, unless you meant something else by your statement.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You said, and I quote:
We have Jesus' words in the Synoptic Gospels.
That is, unless you meant something else by your statement.

2 Timothy 3:16New International Version (NIV)
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

There is much much more, but not for tonight....... there's neither time, space , nor apparently enough willingness to hear Jesus.....

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2 Timothy 3:16New International Version (NIV)
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

There is much much more, but not for tonight....... there's neither time, space , nor apparently enough willingness to hear Jesus.....

While I most heartily accept the "trinity" I'm just applying the same principle that another member here is using.

God (The Lord God Almighty) spoke in the OT and it is also recorded the "Holy men of old, spoke as the Spirit moved them." (cf. 2 Pet. 1:21)

Since the crucifixion, the Holy Spirit has/was the Inspiration in the recording of the NT.

Jesus' own words are recorded in the Synoptic Gospels. I only know of two other places outside the Gospels where Jesus' own words are recorded. (cf Acts 1:1-9; 9:5)

Now taking what you said "literally", then for this discussion comments must be limited to the four Synoptic Gospels.

Its not fun to have your own words used against you or twisted is it?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Not much assurance in your statement.

It does say a man who practices righteousness is righteous. Therefore, a man who does practice righteousness is not righteous.

So, you are looking for illogical answers? I'd rather be logical than systematical.

So I ask, if a man does not practice righteousness, is he born of Him?

Why not? Does a man born again practice unrighteousness? What is 'new' about that man? He is doing the same thing he did when not born again.

If I say a man is a new creation, he will behave like a new creation. Isn't it logical that a man who is a new creation will not behave like the old creation?

Paul also says ALL things have become new.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, ALL things have become new.

How is a man a new creation, if ALL things haven't become new? Aren't old things supposed to pass away if a man is a new creation?

You are wanting the new creation to still live in old things (the old man). That's not how it works, no matter how hard you grit your teeth.

That will do it for us for now. You just seemed to need a quick lesson in logic.:wave:

Yet, it does say the ALL things become new to the one who is a new creation. If one still lives in old things, he is not a new creation, but a badly refurbished one. There's your logic, my friend.

Besides, we can see the order in Ephesians 4 -

20 But you have not so learned Christ,
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

First, we have to hear, be taught, and learn Christ.
Second, we put off our former behavior, the old man.
Third, we are to be renewed in the spirit of our mind.
Fourth, then we are to put on the new man.

The new man is created in true righteousness and holiness. You are wanting the new man to live in unrighteousness and sin. If a man is truly a new creation, he will be practicing righteousness (doing good) and will be holy (sanctified), for the new man is created in true righteousness and holiness.

The order is not put on the new man, be renewed in your mind, and then put off the old man, which you so desperately desire. Jesus made this very plain in Mark 2:22 -

And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins.

You so desperately want to put new wine in old wineskins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Not much assurance in your statement.

It does say a man who practices righteousness is righteous. Therefore, a man who does practice righteousness is not righteous.

So, you are looking for illogical answers? I'd rather be logical than systematical.

So I ask, if a man does not practice righteousness, is he born of Him?

Why not? Does a man born again practice unrighteousness? What is 'new' about that man? He is doing the same thing he did when not born again.

If I say a man is a new creation, he will behave like a new creation. Isn't it logical that a man who is a new creation will not behave like the old creation?

Paul also says ALL things have become new.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, ALL things have become new.

How is a man a new creation, if ALL things haven't become new? Aren't old things supposed to pass away if a man is a new creation?

You are wanting the new creation to still live in old things (the old man). That's not how it works, no matter how hard you grit your teeth.

Yet, it does say the ALL things become new to the one who is a new creation. If one still lives in old things, he is not a new creation, but a badly refurbished one. There's your logic, my friend.

Besides, we can see the order in Ephesians 4 -

20 But you have not so learned Christ,
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

First, we have to hear, be taught, and learn Christ.
Second, we put off our former behavior, the old man.
Third, we are to be renewed in the spirit of our mind.
Fourth, then we are to put on the new man.

The new man is created in true righteousness and holiness. You are wanting the new man to live in unrighteousness and sin. If a man is truly a new creation, he will be practicing righteousness (doing good) and will be holy (sanctified), for the new man is created in true righteousness and holiness.

The order is not put on the new man, be renewed in your mind, and then put off the old man, which you so desperately desire. Jesus made this very plain in Mark 2:22 -

And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins.

You so desperately want to put new wine in old wineskins.

New wine, (Holy Spirit) is put into new wine skins (the new creation in Christ, the new man, created by God in righteousness and truth).

The old man though is still there, it is the outer man, not the new inner man of the Spirit now alive forever with age enduring eternal life.
What is 'all things become new', is the new man in fellowship with the Holy Spirit, so then an all new type of relationship, all things are become new with God. The man still lives in his flesh on the old earth and is tempted by the things of the world.

There exists a dichotomy encompassing the man, he is though not 'in the flesh' but 'in the Spirit' in relationship to God. But he is still also flesh and blood living on the earth. The body is not yet redeemed-resurrected, but the new man has been made to have the property of eternal life.

People somehow are having trouble separating between the soul , flesh and spirit of man, but to God this is most easy and obvious. You can not see the new man, but I know angels can see them. Christ tells us the angels want to separate out the tares from the wheat. so they can see the Lord's mark of the new man on the good seed that He has planted in God's field. Satan comes and plants his evil seed, the tares in God's field. At the end of the age, the harvest, the angels of God separate out all things that offend from His field (the kingdom) who are Satan's tares (weeds meant to be burnt), and of course Satan and his angels Then the righteous, who are planted by the Son of Man shine forth most righteously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
We obviously have a will, and a choice in that we can put on the new man and put off the old man.
This is a choice of behavior. The new man exists as does the old man together, people are said to be body, soul, spirit are they not?
Obviously the body belongs to the old man, as does the mind not being transformed. But the spirit belongs to Christ. We are also told to transform our minds, but we do not transform our spirits, being born again means to be born of God from above.

Romans 8
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.
Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

We will be judged by God for the things done in the body, that is done by the old man. But we still in the new man are alive to God.
If Christ is actually in you, then of course your spirit has eternal life, lives to God, because He lives, you will live also.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
While I most heartily accept the "trinity" I'm just applying the same principle that another member here is using.

God (The Lord God Almighty) spoke in the OT and it is also recorded the "Holy men of old, spoke as the Spirit moved them." (cf. 2 Pet. 1:21)

Since the crucifixion, the Holy Spirit has/was the Inspiration in the recording of the NT.

Jesus' own words are recorded in the Synoptic Gospels. I only know of two other places outside the Gospels where Jesus' own words are recorded. (cf Acts 1:1-9; 9:5)

Now taking what you said "literally", then for this discussion comments must be limited to the four Synoptic Gospels.

Its not fun to have your own words used against you or twisted is it?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Jesus's words appear within eight books of the New Testament.

1. Matthew
2. Mark
3. Luke
4. John
5. Acts
6. 1 Corinthians
7. 2 Corinthians
8. Revelation

There also words of the Pre-Incarnate Christ that are found within the Old Testament, as well. You can check them out at the following link here:

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...ger-of-the-lord-in-the-old-testament.7908284/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Romans 8New King James Version (NKJV)
Free from Indwelling Sin
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,....

Simply this, if Christ is indwelling you, then you are His and there is no condemnation from God possible, none at all, as to regarding eternal life.

second part of verse says,

who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Why because they are led by the Spirit of God. Being the sheep of Christ, they are then being led by Christ as their shepherd.
The reason for no condemnation is this,

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

In verse 1, the meaning is those who have Christ indwelling them are those who are in Christ, and they do not walk according to the flesh, they walk led by the Spirit of God. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God.

Someone who is in Christ does not walk according to the flesh.

that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Infact Paul is describing 'false' brethren, and those of the world, to be those who walk according to the flesh in v5

5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh.

and verse 12, Paul addresses all brethren, people who are in this church, both false and true this,

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.

Now v13, Paul tells us of those who are false who will die, then of those who are true who will live.
Paul nor any other man, knows not who will ultimately repent and persevere in faith and be saved. So Paul addresses the church as a whole assuming some in any church are not saved persons. Paul also teaches that those who are Christ's, have crucified the flesh and it's desires.
That fits in perfectly with what Paul teaches right here.

13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

The false brethren live according to the flesh and will die having no part in and are not worthy of the coming age of the resurrection of the righteous.
The true brethren live according to the Spirit and they will live, being accounted worthy to partake of that age to come.

That in any church exists false brethren is sadly true.
Of whom Paul weeps saying they are doomed to destruction.

Philippians 3

Our Citizenship in Heaven
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern. 18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19 whose end isdestruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things. 20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
?? He has been posting it repeatedly over and over and over..... what point don't you get ?? Remember --- Scripture ONLY. "what Jesus says" not some other lord.....
I'm sorry - I don't remember where he agreed that those who have passed from death to life will never again come into condemnation.

Obviously I can't go through all of his posts looking for it. But it seems to me that he has been taking the opposite position from what the Lord said. That being that a person who has passed from death to life (Christians) can go to Hell (be condemned by God).

Of course - if you will show me where you are coming from - I'll gladly recant the statement.

Thanks!

Upvote 0