Terre Haute
✟7,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I keep seeing the fires in California in the news and can't shake the feeling that it is Gods judgement for their liberal left attack on Christian values. From the UK what I have seen makes it look like California and Florida were the leading areas for the anti-Christian views, liberal left agenda and promotion of unrighteous lifestyles and attacking Christians.

Both of these states have suffered natural disasters with the fires in California and hurricanes in Florida. A

Are we seeing Gods judgement?

It wouldn't be right of you or I to say definitively yes or no. So...maybe? We do not know the plans of God, it is very problematic to think or assume that we do. California is not the cesspool we normally imaging outside of the major cities, but the major cities are pretty bad. With that said, wildfires are common. God COULD be using a common event for his means, He can do anything He wants, but we don't know if he is or not. It could just be a bad year for disasters. Houston, Miami, Mexico earthquakes, Puerto Rico, etc. Maybe this discussion is better suited for when/if the San Andreas fault gives out. But even then, we don't know what God is planning in any given moment.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
I agree, something is fishy about all this. High winds of 80mph also recorded in So Cal and N Call fires. They do have laser weapons, and HARRP. I think there is something more nefarious with corrupt men behind these fires. Then again, the Lord knows all and he allowed it. I do not agree with the connection to liberalism, but in N Cal many areas were wineries and wealthy areas. In S Cal, again wealthy areas inhabited by people in the music, movie, and adult industries. Either way we do not know for sure but it seems odd.

'Adult industries'....? Nice euphemism.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
This is just another way of saying 'They deserved it.' Nice.

Sounds more like wondering to me. And perfectly, Christian. Jesus wasn't always meek and mild. On the other hadn, how someone can be a libertarian (I'm all right, Jack) and a Christian, now that is a puzzle. You wouldn't be an admirer of the late campaigning atheist, Ayn Rand, would you ?

Upvote 0

compassion 4 humanity

Oct 24, 2017
Texas
✟49,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I keep seeing the fires in California in the news and can't shake the feeling that it is Gods judgement for their liberal left attack on Christian values. From the UK what I have seen makes it look like California and Florida were the leading areas for the anti-Christian views, liberal left agenda and promotion of unrighteous lifestyles and attacking Christians.

Both of these states have suffered natural disasters with the fires in California and hurricanes in Florida. A

This graph says that nearly 4.5 million Californians voted for Trump: Presidential Election Results: Donald J. Trump Wins

Just because liberals are the majority in CA doesn’t mean that conservatives, religious or secular, don’t exist there.

You’re no different than liberals who like to castigate my state, Texas, for being too conservative. The same graph says that nearly 3.9 million people in TX voted for Hillary.

If you’re not a troll, I feel sorry for you.

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I live in California. I do not believe that God is judging me, or anyone who suffered from these fires. If God wanted to make a point - he could easily send a prophet - please read 'real prophet' - to explain things before he burned down the neighborhood.

I'm not sure why some Christians go around saying that every disaster is "God's will". It does harm to the reputation of our faith. Please look at the Bible again. When God made serious judgments, he also explained them. Loyal servants were sent AHEAD of time to tell the people. And often, like Jeremiah and Ezekiel, those prophets gave that warning for years and years. The idea of a 'capricious God" who just blows people away randomly ... does not exist in the Bible.

I do believe that the CA fires have been caused by a large amount of dry brush and grass that has built up over years and years. CA had long-term droughts, and these are not over. I do agree with Jerry Brown that we are looking at a long-term trend in California, and unfortunately a painful one. While I don't agree with Mr. Brown's politics, he is right when he points out that long-term climate changes are a major factor behind what is going on. And it's not just CA. The states of Arizona, Texas and Nevada are also linked to this long-term drought.

I suggest that we pray for people - all of them - who lost homes in these fires. It is really tragic. My wife and I will be stepping up our own efforts to save Nature, because we believe this type of destructive event is not over.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And it's not just CA. The states of Arizona, Texas and Nevada are also linked to this long-term drought.
As a Texan, I have to disagree with you regarding us being in a long term drought. We have no problems with wild fires. I do agree that CA has not cleared out their brush in their mistaken understanding of ecology. I also grew up in CA. Wild fires happened in very small amounts. What is going on in CA now is arson. I also agree that we need to pray for the people in CA. Most of my family still lives there, too.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I seriously doubt that God gives a dam about American politics actually - or is the belief here that if you don't vote conservatively God will send you to hell. If God was going to intervene in politics he would probably start with the millions dispossessed through wars in places like South Sudan, Somalia and Burma. It might surprise many here but really the banter in American politics is petty in comparison to the issues those other countries face.

True, God isn't about politics. He's about hearts and minds.
And those here in America have been turning away from him.
If the bible teaches anything about judgment, it begins in the
house of God, and with his people. Not rapture, judgment.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
As a Texan, I have to disagree with you regarding us being in a long term drought. We have no problems with wild fires. I do agree that CA has not cleared out their brush in their mistaken understanding of ecology. I also grew up in CA. Wild fires happened in very small amounts. What is going on in CA now is arson. I also agree that we need to pray for the people in CA. Most of my family still lives there, too.

You know that whether or not it has begun, that
California has judgment coming to it, don't you?
I would consider leaving Sodom before the fire
starts falling from the sky. There may not be two
angels sent to drag people out at the last minute.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
California has judgment coming to it, don't you?
I would consider leaving Sodom before the fire
starts falling from the sky. There may not be two
angels sent to drag people out at the last minute.
The whole world needs judgment, and, frankly, I believe that God is currently using President Trump in that need.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,666.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It wouldn't be right of you or I to say definitively yes or no. So...maybe? We do not know the plans of God, it is very problematic to think or assume that we do. California is not the cesspool we normally imaging outside of the major cities, but the major cities are pretty bad.

By the contrary, we know the plans of God surely, because He has expressly revealed all His plans, everything is written from Genesis to Revelation, so the beliiver's lacke of discernment is that it is problematic. God is in the controI of all things, specially in control of the time to fulfil all His promises and plans, right? If I ask: What time is it on God's watch? Many may answer me : How to know this? Let's look to this point. When it is midnight on our watch, we say that another day has ended and new day begins immediately. The same happens when we celebrate the end of a year and the beginning of a new year. We also know through the calendar when a millennium ends and a new millennium begins, right?. Moses said in his prayer: Psalms 90: v.4 - For a thousand YEARS in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. The Apostle Peter wrote: 2Pe.3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that ONE Day is with the Lord as a thousand YEARS, and a thousand YEARS as One Day.

So I ask again: What time is it now, even now, on God's watch, knowing that One Day in the God's watch is as a thousand years?

Taking our Christian calendar as an example, we can say that in the year 2000 ended another millennium, no? So according to God's clock, it ended another day pointing exactly midnight, yes, MIDNIGHT. OK. We can understand that the clock of God indicated midnight in the year 2000, but of what day? It is very important to know what Day, as much as the hour on God's clock. By the source of truth, the Scriptures, we can say and demonstrate that from Adam until JESUS have passed around 4.000 years, or 4 days, and from JESUS until today have passed 2.000 years, or precisely 2.017 years, thus, from Adam until today have passed 6.000 years or 6 Days. Then we can say that we are exactly in the first century of the seventh and last millenium, or seventh and last Day.

Genesis is a description of a God's plan to restore all things after the rebellion ocurred in the Garden of Eden long before He began His work for the restoration of all things in accord His wonderful plan.

If you observe deeply the description of God's plan of re-creation of all things, you will see that the cycle of six days has ended and, behold, the seventh and last day has arrived

[QUOTE="With that said, wildfires are common. God COULD be using a common event for his means, He can do anything He wants, but we don't know if he is or not. It could just be a bad year for disasters. Houston, Miami, Mexico earthquakes, Puerto Rico, etc. Maybe this discussion is better suited for when/if the San Andreas fault gives out. But even then, we don't know what God is planning in any given moment.[/QUOTE]

Are you thinking that 'we don't know what God is planning in any given moment? Speaking of generally mode, many many things will happen from now on in whole world, we can say with absolute certainty that we are in the end of the times. We are living in the seventh and last millennium, the Millennium of Christ, the Millennium of Truth, and the Millennium of Judgment, the Judgment Seat of Christ, and the Millennium of Vengeance, there will be great PUNISHMENTS, punishments and more punishments, so we MUST BE PREPARED, for yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

Rev. 11:15-18KJV

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of THIS WORLD are become the kingdoms of OUR Lord, and of His Christ; and He will reign for ever and ever.

16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18 And the nations were angry (FURIOUS), and thy WRATH is come, and the TIME of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest DESTROY THEM which destroy the earth.

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might DESTROY the works of the Devil. The time is of Judgment, the Judgment Seat of Christ.

It is already passing a few minutes past MIDNIGHT on the clock of God at the beginning of this first century of the seventh and last millennium.

Hear who has ears to hear what the Spirit says to the Churches.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,666.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When God made serious judgments, he also explained them. Loyal servants were sent AHEAD of time to tell the people. And often, like Jeremiah and Ezekiel, those prophets gave that warning for years and years.

Speaking of generally mode, many many things will happen from now on in whole world, we can say with absolute certainty that we are in the end of the times. We are living in the seventh and last millennium, the Millennium of Christ, the Millennium of Truth, and the Millennium of Judgment, the Judgment Seat of Christ, and the Millennium of Vengeance, there will be great PUNISHMENTS, punishments and more punishments, so we MUST BE PREPARED, for yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. (Hebrews 10:37)

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of THIS WORLD are become the kingdoms of OUR Lord, and of His Christ; and He will reign for ever and ever.

16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18 And the nations were angry (FURIOUS), and thy WRATH is come, and the TIME of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest DESTROY THEM which destroy the earth.

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might DESTROY the works of the Devil. The time is of Judgment, the Judgment Seat of Christ.

It is already passing a few minutes past MIDNIGHT on the clock of God at the beginning of this first century of the seventh and last millennium.

Hear who has ears to hear what the Spirit says to the Churches. .

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,666.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True, God isn't about politics. He's about hearts and minds. And those here in America have been turning away from him.
If the bible teaches anything about judgment, it begins in the house of God, and with his people. Not rapture, judgment.

Yes, for more a while, the person of JESUS will remain invisible. In this moment, He is sat on the throne of Judgment, the Judgment Seat of Christ. Though be invisible yet, nothing prevents Him from exercising His power to judge, and to condemn, and to punish the sinful nations. Mat. 28:18&20 - 18 And Jesus came and spake unto the disciples: All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 20 ...and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the END of the World. Amen. JESUS said more: Mat.13:39 - ... the HARVEST is the END of the World; and the reapers are the angels. Matt.25:31-32 -
31 When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him will be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, ...

Speaking of generally mode, many many things will happen from now on in whole world, we can say with absolute certainty that we are in the end of the times. We are living in the seventh and last millennium, the Millennium of Christ, the Millennium of Truth, and the Millennium of Judgment, the Judgment Seat of Christ, and the Millennium of Vengeance, there will be great PUNISHMENTS, punishments and more punishments, so we MUST BE PREPARED, for yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. (Hebrews 10:37)

18 And the nations were angry (FURIOUS), and thy WRATH is come, and the TIME of the dead, that they should be Judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest DESTROY THEM which destroy the earth.

It is already passing a few minutes past MIDNIGHT on the clock of God at the beginning of this first century of the seventh and last millennium or last Day.

Hear who has ears to hear what the Spirit says to the Churches. .

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,666.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
California has judgment coming to it, don't you? I would consider leaving Sodom before the fire
starts falling from the sky. There may not be two angels sent to drag people out at the last minute.

Yes, there will not be two angels to caught up out people as was in Sodom and Gomorrah, For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the Archangel (Michael), and with the trump of God: and THE DEAD in Christ will rise first. Dan. 12:1-2 - 1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth will awake (will be resurrected), some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(1Thes,4:17-18) 17 Then we which are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so will we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

About the fire falling from heaven, Every man's work will be made manifest: for this Day (the Last Day) will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire;
and the fire will try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he has built thereupon, he will receive a reward. (1Cor.3:14-14)
For without are dogs (dogs? who are them?), and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:15

Yes,
for more a while, the person of JESUS will remain invisible. In this moment, He is sat on the throne of Judgment, the Judgment Seat of Christ. Though be invisible yet, nothing prevents Him from exercising His power to Judge, and to condemn, and to punish the sinful nations, as He said: All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,666.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The whole world needs judgment, and, frankly, I believe that God is currently using President Trump in that need.

There are 4 horseriders of Apocalypse. Two of them are already walking on the earth, the rider of the white horse and the rider of the red horse. Two more will be released in the days that follow.
Trump is the rider of the red horse (Rev. 6:v.4), as the same manner the Pope Francis is the Beast upon which rides the Great harlot, the RCC. (Rev.13:1-10)
Trump is the rider of the red horse and power was given to him to take peace from the earth, and that they kill one another, there was given unto him a great Sword, that is a power to speak with great arrogance in whole world and great authority.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single

If that's how it works, why are there so many tornadoes in the Bible Belt, to the point where it has earned the name Tornado Alley? What are they being punished for?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are 4 horseriders of Apocalypse. Two of them are already walking on the earth, the rider of the white horse and the rider of the red horse. Two more will be released in the days that follow.
Trump is the rider of the red horse (Rev. 6:v.4), as the same manner the Pope Francis is the Beast upon which rides the Great harlot, the RCC. (Rev.13:1-10)
Trump is the rider of the red horse and power was given to him to take peace from the earth, and that they kill one another, there was given unto him a great Sword, that is a power to speak with great arrogance in whole world and great authority.
Time will tell, but I think you err.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

That has always been true, as has the fact that there
are concentrations of evil in certain areas, and Cali
is one of them. Some of the cities in Israel are also
cesspools right now.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, there will not be two angels to caught up out people as was in Sodom and Gomorrah, For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the Archangel (Michael), and with the trump of God: and THE DEAD in Christ will rise first. Dan. 12:1-2 - 1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth will awake (will be resurrected), some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(1Thes,4:17-18) 17 Then we which are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so will we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

About the fire falling from heaven, Every man's work will be made manifest: for this Day (the Last Day) will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire;
and the fire will try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he has built thereupon, he will receive a reward. (1Cor.3:14-14)
For without are dogs (dogs? who are them?), and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:15

Yes,
for more a while, the person of JESUS will remain invisible. In this moment, He is sat on the throne of Judgment, the Judgment Seat of Christ. Though be invisible yet, nothing prevents Him from exercising His power to Judge, and to condemn, and to punish the sinful nations, as He said: All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

The last trump, the gathering, separating from the tares,
and judgement; all coming after the millennial reign.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That has always been true, as has the fact that there
are concentrations of evil in certain areas, and Cali
is one of them. Some of the cities in Israel are also
cesspools right now.
As a former Californian I resemble that remark.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,666.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The last trump, the gathering, separating from the tares, and judgement; all coming after the millennial reign.

Not after, absolutely, but before the millennial reign. What you wrote is tares. JESUS left very clear: Matt.13:40-43
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire;
so shall it be in the END of this WORLD. (this world has nothing to do with the millennial reign)
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

JESUS said: Luke 20:35-36
35 But they which shall be accounted worthy
to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
(In the world to come, the millennial reign, will not be sowed tares, absolutely. Now, in the end of THIS WORLD in which you are living, Satan, the old serpent, which is the Devil, will be bound for a thousand years , and will be cast into de bottomless pit, and will be shut that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years be fulfilled, did you understand?

Upvote 0