Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I keep seeing the fires in California in the news and can't shake the feeling that it is Gods judgement for their liberal left attack on Christian values. From the UK what I have seen makes it look like California and Florida were the leading areas for the anti-Christian views, liberal left agenda and promotion of unrighteous lifestyles and attacking Christians.

Both of these states have suffered natural disasters with the fires in California and hurricanes in Florida. A

Are we seeing Gods judgement?

It's not a matter of certain states being punished for this or that. America as a whole has been immoral and is often referred to as "Babylon" in Revelations. At some point, God is going to unleash His fury in some way on America the entire country. Although there are many true Christians living here, God's patience with the non-believers (and lukewarm Christians) is running out, and America has had a huge influence on the rest of the world.

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

It's not a matter of certain states being punished for this or that. America as a whole has been immoral and is often referred to as "Babylon" in Revelations. At some point, God is going to unleash His fury in some way on America the entire country. Although there are many true Christians living here, God's patience with the non-believers (and lukewarm Christians) is running out, and America has had a huge influence on the rest of the world.

When did Christianity start this odd evolution into a purveyor of Apocalyptic fervor? It's really baffling to me.

Upvote 0

Cat Loaf You

Dec 11, 2017
Warsaw
✟22,505.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

When did Christianity start this odd evolution into a purveyor of Apocalyptic fervor? It's really baffling to me.

When the fig tree started to put forth leaves

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I keep seeing the fires in California in the news and can't shake the feeling that it is Gods judgement for their liberal left attack on Christian values. From the UK what I have seen makes it look like California and Florida were the leading areas for the anti-Christian views, liberal left agenda and promotion of unrighteous lifestyles and attacking Christians.

Both of these states have suffered natural disasters with the fires in California and hurricanes in Florida. A

This thread is disturbing. Its postulating that any where that a natural disaster occurs, its Gods judgement over the people there who are unrighteous. In the case of California, I'm guessing that there's Trump voters there and Christians as well... but it seems that the OP is saying that it doesn't matter what sort of people live in California because as a whole the state is going to be punished because the majority voted Democrat. Which finally comes back to the assertion in the OP that God is a Trump supporter.

I seriously doubt that God gives a dam about American politics actually - or is the belief here that if you don't vote conservatively God will send you to hell. If God was going to intervene in politics he would probably start with the millions dispossessed through wars in places like South Sudan, Somalia and Burma. It might surprise many here but really the banter in American politics is petty in comparison to the issues those other countries face.

Last edited:
Reactions: dougangel
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree, something is fishy about all this. High winds of 80mph also recorded in So Cal and N Call fires. They do have laser weapons, and HARRP. I think there is something more nefarious with corrupt men behind these fires. Then again, the Lord knows all and he allowed it. I do not agree with the connection to liberalism, but in N Cal many areas were wineries and wealthy areas. In S Cal, again wealthy areas inhabited by people in the music, movie, and adult industries. Either way we do not know for sure but it seems odd.
I watched one youtube commentary who showed satellite pictures of S CA and it was like looking at the eye of a hurricane. Where the fires are the air was dry, but all around the eye were moist clouds. This many fires implies some kind of arson, if not the high tech arson I alluded to earlier.

• Agree
Reactions: 2Timothy2:15
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

God's judgment is way more complicated than that.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Gods judgement for their liberal left attack on Christian values.
I personally doubt God judges like this. Why would he harm those living in disaster areas who worship him? Or those who are innocent?

• Agree
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Easy to jump to that conclusion brother. But I'm avoiding that and praying for all the victims. Peace in Christ. :)

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

I don't see God's judgment when nature's wrath is unleashed. Nature's wrath is unleashed because the creation was subjected to sin as well.
Romans chapter 2 makes it quite clear that God is using Kindness to lead people to repentance.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian

Yeah, God's always furious, ain't He. :doh:

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If we learn nothing else from Genesis 18:16-33, it is that God is a righteous judge who does not treat the righteous and the wicked alike.

He makes His sun to rise on the good and on the evil, He sends His rain upon the just and the unjust alike.
He is good and kind to the thankless and the wicked.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I would steer clear of stating what is God's judgement :) In the end its death and hell for people to go thru, not to mention that good people go thru it with the wicked in those areas. I think it's better for us Christians to talk about how we are blessed by God.

Now that I said that, I've been wondering when God would say enough to the acts of evil from the media empire. But I guess I haven't really seen it yet cause it would probably destroy it. "it" being the selling of killing in the movies and shows on tv, and the sexual acts that are overly shown, and the acts of Sodom and Gomorrah like people who have multiple sex partners and same sex partners etc.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

More likely it is because of their refusal to clear underbrush
and cut fire lanes. Fires are a natural occurrence and are
good for the environment. But the fires don't care that some
people built their houses in the middle of a tinderbox.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, major anomalous events are a reflection of God's thoughts, but no, not everything is simple black and white with God.

Likewise, with the people you speak of. Black can be white, white can be black, to paraphrase Job about the land of the dead.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
He makes His sun to rise on the good and on the evil, He sends His rain upon the just and the unjust alike.
He is good and kind to the thankless and the wicked.

-CryptoLutheran

Genesis 18:16-33 is speaking about God not judging the righteous with the wicked, not about whether God shows His love to all.

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
When the fig tree started to put forth leaves

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

That doesn't explain the obsession modern Christianity has developed with somehow shoehorning every single negative event as a sure sign of an onrushing Doomtrain.

• Agree
Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0

Cat Loaf You

Dec 11, 2017
Warsaw
✟22,505.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That doesn't explain the obsession modern Christianity has developed with somehow shoehorning every single negative event as a sure sign of an onrushing Doomtrain.

Everything is done with permission of God anyways .

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes. From now on, there will be exclusively Judgment, the Judgment Seat of Christ, yes, only and only Judgment, because the WORLD is already condemned, and so from now on there will be only punishments yes, PUNISHMENTS and more and more PUNISHMENTS in whole Earth, the MANIFESTATION OF THE WRATH OF GOD, according to His Word He will destroy who has DESTROYED the earth (Rev.11: v.18).

The most important now, in this seventh and last millennium or seventh and last Day (knowing that from Adam to Jesus has passad 4 millennia and from Jesus until today 2 millennia, total of 6 millennia or around 6,000 years from Adam to this Day) it is important to know that now, in the return of Jesus, even in this first century of this seventh and last Day, there will be resurrection, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. it was pre-established by the Word of the Lord that we who are alive to the coming or return of the Lord will not precede those who sleep. For the Lord will descend with a shout, and with the Voice of the Archangel as it is wrritten in Daniel 12:v.2 (Michael the Archangel), and those who have died in Christ will rise first. (1Thess. 4: v. 15-16).

Now, the resurrection will even occur now, in these first century of the seventh and last Day, yes, , just at the beginning of the first century of the seventh and LAST Millennium, the Millennium of Christ, with the manifestation of Michael, as revealed in the prophet Daniel chap.12: 1a4, specifically in verse 2, even because of the presence of the Archangel there will be a time of anguish which has never existed since there is a nation up to this time. Satan will be thrown into the abyss so he will not deceive the nations any more,

This is the Millennium of Truth, will be saved he himself whose name is written in the book (verse 1). JESUS also made it clear that there will be such great tribulation / affliction now in our day, as never has been since the beginning of the world. And except these days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened, it means that what will happen will happen quickly.

Therefore, those of us who remain alive for the arrival of Jesus in His return will be raptured with them, with those who have been resurrected, to meet the Lord and thus we will always be with Him. IN TIME: Know that 2 of the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse are already released on earth to perform each one's specific work, these two are: The one that rides on the white horse and he has only a bow, and the one that rides on the red horse, he was just released recently to go through the land, he has a great sword (which is the power to speak with great arrogance and great authority) and was permitted to him to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another

Behold, two others will be "loose" from now on, the black horse and the yellow horse. I repeat, the days that follow, day after day, will be days of extreme anguish that have never been since the beginning of the world, so the days will be SHORTENNED, that is, what is to happen will happen quickly, otherwise no flesh will save.

Upvote 0