Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
One thing that is becoming clear, you are quick to assume and jump to conclusions. It makes it difficult to have a conversation with you.
Being told that as a Catholic you are not a Christian - well, let me put it this way, to respond in kind would compound the offence to this forum that you represent by having the gall to say that to a Catholic's face.

So, you are correct in deeming our interaction futile. Doesn't mean I hate you, but it doesn't mean I'm prepared to pander to your high eccentric theology, either - which I take to be of the kind generally known as 'fundamentalist'. It is clear that you have not considered the implication of the phrase, 'cleansed as if by fire', so it seems you have no rational hinterland, but get stuck in the shallowest groove each phrase signifies.

Incidentally, it infuriates me that so many fellow-Catholics insist on identifying themselves as Catholics, before Christians, when the context clearly indicates that reference to the latter is indicated, rather than the former. Over the centuries attitudes have hardened among the un(self-)critical die-hard types on both sides, who each consider the other heathen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I keep seeing the fires in California in the news and can't shake the feeling that it is Gods judgement for their liberal left attack on Christian values. From the UK what I have seen makes it look like California and Florida were the leading areas for the anti-Christian views, liberal left agenda and promotion of unrighteous lifestyles and attacking Christians.

Both of these states have suffered natural disasters with the fires in California and hurricanes in Florida. A

Are we seeing Gods judgement?

Even if we assume the natural disasters are God's judgement, how do you know that it is caused by leftist politicians? It seems one can attribute it to whatever he or she wants.

Also, Florida is a swing state.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, California fires are a natural phenomena related to being started by careless people or from the lack of controlled burns that help make natural areas less susceptible to rapid spread of fire. Houston was hit by a hurricane too with severe flooding too and it is a conservative city in the Bible belt.

Actually the Northern Cal fires were not started by careless people. They supposedly tracked it down to faulty PG&E lines. But, frankly I do not buy that since we had 65 fires start in a matter of hours which is statiscally impossible. Then followed by abnormal wind patterns in excess of 60 mph.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I keep seeing the fires in California in the news and can't shake the feeling that it is Gods judgement for their liberal left attack on Christian values. From the UK what I have seen makes it look like California and Florida were the leading areas for the anti-Christian views, liberal left agenda and promotion of unrighteous lifestyles and attacking Christians.

Both of these states have suffered natural disasters with the fires in California and hurricanes in Florida. A

There are some who believe the fires in CA were started by military planes equipped with high energy particle beams that ignited the fires and is part of the UN Agenda 21 plan to confiscate land in CA.

Do I believe this? I don't know, but knowing the HARP program, DARPA and biological warfare, I would not put it past them. I just put this out for consideration. Most will dismiss because they believe the government is filled with good people. How naive.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟320,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I don't think so but I think it can all work as chastisement. I've heard more than a few say that 2017 would be-and has turned out to be-a year of chastisement. IDK. I live in Santa Rosa, CA where the most property damage and loss of life has occurred as a result of CA fires. The disaster has certainly brought people together more. Churches have done a large part in housing and providing for evacuees-we did so in our own home for the first week or two. It also brought out the looters and capitalists of course. And politics are far from the only reason God would have for punishment or chastisement.

Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are some who believe the fires in CA were started by military planes equipped with high energy particle beams that ignited the fires and is part of the UN Agenda 21 plan to confiscate land in CA.

Do I believe this? I don't know, but knowing the HARP program, DARPA and biological warfare, I would not put it past them. I just put this out for consideration. Most will dismiss because they believe the government is filled with good people. How naive.

I agree, something is fishy about all this. High winds of 80mph also recorded in So Cal and N Call fires. They do have laser weapons, and HARRP. I think there is something more nefarious with corrupt men behind these fires. Then again, the Lord knows all and he allowed it. I do not agree with the connection to liberalism, but in N Cal many areas were wineries and wealthy areas. In S Cal, again wealthy areas inhabited by people in the music, movie, and adult industries. Either way we do not know for sure but it seems odd.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟320,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Actually the Northern Cal fires were not started by careless people. They supposedly tracked it down to faulty PG&E lines. But, frankly I do not buy that since we had 65 fires start in a matter of hours which is statiscally impossible. Then followed by abnormal wind patterns in excess of 60 mph.
I think some of the subsequent fires in Lake, Mendocino, Sonoma, and Napa counties were arson---copy-cat stuff.

Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think some of the subsequent fires in Lake, Mendocino, Sonoma, and Napa counties were arson---copy-cat stuff.

Well they haven't found evidence of that. Now, before you go off and tell me I don't know what I am talking about.....My uncle is a fire chief of a dept not far from there and was there fighting the fires....he said it was odd because if it were arson you would see evidence of that.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟320,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well they haven't found evidence of that. Now, before you go off and tell me I don't know what I am talking about.....My uncle is a fire chief of a dept not far from there and was there fighting the fires....he said it was odd because if it were arson you would see evidence of that.
They're not sure. At least one man was arrested for arson. The high winds were most instrumental in spreading the fires-embers floated for miles-and probably for starting it initially via power line movement. Huge areas were involved in any case.

Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They're not sure. At least one man was arrested for arson. The high winds were most instrumental in spreading the fires-embers floated for miles-and probably for starting it initially via power line movement. Huge areas were involved in any case.

The guy arrested was in Orville which is quiet a distance from Sonoma. My uncle was working all the fires around Sonoma so that is the area he witnessed and was working.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian

This is just another way of saying 'They deserved it.' Nice.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟320,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The guy arrested was in Orville which is quiet a distance from Sonoma. My uncle was working all the fires around Sonoma so that is the area he witnessed and was working.
Ok, I guess your uncle has it all figured out then. Yes, a fire set in Oroville would have no affect on our area. But there was at least one arrest in our area for arson-I don't know what the upshot was. And the fires here were still very far apart, in at least four separate counties beginning with the Tubbs fire in Napa County which rapidly spread over the hill west to Santa Rosa, Sonoma Co, probably started by powerlines. Why/how subsequent fires started in the days immediately following, apparently too far apart in most cases to be wind-spread, is not clear from my understanding. Either way the conditions were perfect-much dry fuel (grass, duff, underbrush, chapparal, trees), increased by an extremely wet winter, high winds even early in the morning that the fire started, and very low humidity.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

If we learn nothing else from Genesis 18:16-33, it is that God is a righteous judge who does not treat the righteous and the wicked alike.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I remember Jesus taught about the wise man who built his house upon a rock foundation and the stupid man built his house on sand (Matthew 7:24-27). When the torrential rains came, the wise man's house was standing, while the stupid man's house was washed away. Disasters are coming. One should be prepared.

Hurricane Katrina flooded New Orleans destroying 800,000 homes. It was a city built below sea level. What did they expect? A wealthier section of New Orleans was built on higher ground and was spared. Living in a high risk flood zone has downside risks.

San Francisco is built near the San Andreas fault line. An earthquake destroyed the city once. Will it happen again?

Japan knew it had tsunami risk. They had tsunami stones to mark the limits of past destructive flooding. Engineers built the Fukushima nuclear reactor in a known tsunami risk area. The rest is history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟320,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No need to be crass. I will take my opinion of a guy who has been a professional in fires for 40 years over some dude throwing out theories on the net any day.
Yes, sounds like you have a good in there. Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like so many others.. the answer is no. Like another said about Florida and Texas and the like. Florida alone has been hit 119 times but storms. So.. yeah I don't think God hates Florida lol. If we have free will..if GOD can not force us to do anything. If sin has been judged already.. we need to look at it ALL when talking about judgment.

The Earth. Every do a study into the Earth and sin? Does the Earth react to sin? Did not our Father once tell Israel ..if you do the same sins of those other nations, the Earth will spit you out also. And do many more verse in the word. So as MORE sin is happening, the Earth is reacting. For ME when God judges.. He hits the place. There have been some earth quakes that just hurt places like the makers of inappropriate content. That then rebuild and came back even stronger.

No matter what man thinks and says.. our Father will never ever judge the righteous with the wicked.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟812,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Don't forget to about Texas. God punished them for their conservative anti-christian agenda when hurricane Harvey slammed them.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟733,159.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is always a place for Judgment, but generally God does not bring down judgment for disobedience. As seen in the following passage.

Luke 9:53-56 And they did not receive him, .... And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Jesus also told us to Bless those who curse or persecute us, persecution is a strong form of disobedience. Yet Jesus tells us to Bless them, when they do it. We should not get bitter and judgmental, nor allow it to rest in us. The bible says that "God judges those that are outside the church, that we are not to be judges of them", our job is to bless, to pray blessing upon all.

Upvote 0

Cat Loaf You

Dec 11, 2017
Warsaw
✟22,505.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Maybe , or it might be just Satan he can do that kind of stuff as seen in Job :3

I don't know but there is one verse which is talking about something ...

Revelation 9:4
And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Now read that and then look at this picture . Do it multiple times . Have you ever seen trees not burned in "wildfire " but all the houses are literally melted not only to dust but to nothing .

http://static5.businessinsider.com/...s-raging-through-californias-wine-country.jpg

Wouldn;t these trees burn ?

I just want to say that house like these do not melt to dust in normal fires ask any fireman , they look like that

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.tow...1e3-9512-001a4bcf887a/52969cad0e671.image.jpg

There is big difference .

There were also trees somewhere alse burning from inside o_____O

Last edited:
Upvote 0