Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
2nd Gen Southern Californian living in SW Riverside County. Home to the best grapes in the world… some years. Rolling hills, scenic mountains, lush valleys and 20 minutes from Ocean Side, we are right on the edge of the great inland empire. They also refer to this area at the bible belt of California and it has been amazing to see this area grow as it has done.

Upvote 0

The Taylor 310

Taylor Evangelist
Feb 20, 2002
Valencia CA USA
Visit site
✟7,765.00
Faith
Christian
hey yall~
im a So Cal boy ^^ ive lived here since i immigrated from Brasil back in 1987, and LOVIN it!

i first lived in the San Gabriel Valley, in the communities of Hacienda/Rowland Heights... then on to the San Fernando Valley (known as "the Valley"! haha), in the communities of Tarzana and Northridge... then on to the big city (Los Angeles)... and now im here at the Santa Clarita Valley in the community of Stevenson Ranch (and working in the nearby city of Valencia)

whats up with me and the valleys??? well, i guess im just used to the nice scorching heat ;)

but yes. i love Southern California and i dont plan on moving out of here unless God says so! hehe

Upvote 0

Z_Spool

Beach bum, lost in desert... more at 11...
Nov 8, 2003
the (951) *boo*hiss*
Visit site
✟903.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
The Taylor 310 said:
...and now im here at the Santa Clarita Valley in the community of Stevenson Ranch...
So how are you guys recovering from the close encounters with the fires? The news' haven't been doing much follow-up.

Upvote 0

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Last time we had a big break out of fires (10 years ago) we had a fire rip through my neighborhood. It was named the California fire and burnt more land and houses than all the other fires… but those million dollar houses were the only thing on the news of course. The Firemen were screaming retreat over the radio as the sound of a sixty-mile an hour locomotive ripped through. The fire didn’t only move at sixty-miles an hour, it was a huge glowing fast moving tornado that missed my neighborhood by maybe 100 yards. We lucked out but not so for the neighborhood down the road from us. Guess we were spared from any fires this time.

Upvote 0

The Taylor 310

Taylor Evangelist
Feb 20, 2002
Valencia CA USA
Visit site
✟7,765.00
Faith
Christian
Z_Spool said:
So how are you guys recovering from the close encounters with the fires? The news' haven't been doing much follow-up.
hey spool~

us folks at Stevenson Ranch are doing well. i really gotta hand it to the 1,100+ firefighters who stood their ground and protected our entire western/southern flank. on the peak of the fires near our community, my family and i actually evacuated to the College of the Canyons evac centre but got back home in 4 hours and found it standing still :)

it still smells like a big ol ashtray along the southern end, but otherwise, life returned to normal very quick here in the area

i feel bad though for the people in the San Bernadino/Diego areas. i knew people in a lot of the areas where homes burnt down. im hoping that none of my friends lost their homes!

Upvote 0

The Taylor 310

Taylor Evangelist
Feb 20, 2002
Valencia CA USA
Visit site
✟7,765.00
Faith
Christian
... on a side note, it was really chilling to see my communitys name on the news on the day when the fires got out of control. i was watching Channel 4 and the male anchor dude was getting worried cos he lives here and left the desk to go home and pack up. that was around 1pm haha

and it was funny that we got a fire named after our town and that put us on the map!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Taylor 310

Taylor Evangelist
Feb 20, 2002
Valencia CA USA
Visit site
✟7,765.00
Faith
Christian
Gyurkovitz said:
Anyone ever heard of Camarillo? I was born in Michagan but grew up in Ventura County. I went a wandering when I was 17 but I came back when I turned 22. This is where I want to raise my kids and see my grandkids.
yup... quite a nice, quaint place to raise your family ^^

as you might know, Ventura County is one of the most safest counties in the United States. i think its the safest in all of California and something like the 11th in the entire United States

i live in a more safer part of LA County... :)

Reactions: Alessandro
Upvote 0

The Taylor 310

Taylor Evangelist
Feb 20, 2002
Valencia CA USA
Visit site
✟7,765.00
Faith
Christian
Alessandro said:
We were not affected, we only received smog and little ash here.

What was the cause of this unfortunate event?
most likely arson

the Cedar Fire (San Diego Co) was started by a lost hunter whose flare ignited that dealy fire

the Old Fire (San Bernadino Co) was probably started to two 20-somethings in the Angeles National Forest

the Simi Fire (Los Angeles/Ventura Co) was attributed to arson

it was pretty unnerving to see that five separate incidents combined into what is now Californias greatest "natural" disaster

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phileo

Dec 2, 2003
✟1,080.00
Now Alessandro... how could you only come once to this huge metropolis with so much bustling activity?

....Ok Ok I over-exaggerate... but the strawberries are good!

Ok maybe that was not a good example, since they are out of season.

BUT! We have a gazillion starbucks LOL

Rock on California!

Reactions: Alessandro
Upvote 0