Sep 12, 2003
U.S.A.
✟56,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
elanor said:
Hello, Wisdom Seeker! :) What's Sacramento like? Well...
Hmmm, thank you.I appreciate you going to the trouble.

I live in the Antelope Valley which is located in the westernmost part of the Mohave Desert, and is approximately 3,000 sq. miles in size. We are part of Los Angeles County. L.A. county had a pop. of 9,637,494 people as of 2001. The city in which I live has a little over 127,000 people currently. And is only one of several such sized cities in the valley.

Our elivation is 2,600 feet above sea level. Average annual rainfall is 8 inches per year, annual snowfall is 4 4 inches per year. Quite a lot more arid than your area.

The average winter temperature is 36 degrees F. and summer temperature is 105 degrees F.

Palmdale is the "Aerospace Capital of the World"

Because of the desert winds, there is relatively no polution here. I've gotten very used to the blue skies.

I stumbled upon the San Joaquin Valley when doing a search on the Antelope Valley. You are just northwest of us on the other side of the Tehachapi Mountains. I have been to Tehachapi. Great apple orchards there.

So do you mind my asking? What makes you call it the valley? Seriously...what's there? I could do a search, but it's more interesting to read what people that actually live there think.

Upvote 0

Warrior Poet

A Legendary Outlaw
Jun 25, 2003
Sunny SoCal, In a city named after a fruit. Cake.
✟17,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Cows and farms, that about sums it up, The SJV gets the worst air cause its a bowl and the bad air from Northern Cali and Sothern Cali sit right on top of it, but.......you can see sooo many stars at night. Where I am from the cows/farm animals out number the humans, they could take over it they mouted a full on attack.

Warrior Poet

Upvote 0

Blessedone_74

"Avon Lady Calling"
Oct 2, 2003
California
Visit site
✟2,157.00
Faith
Baptist
Ok, first I wanna say...Wisdom & Alessandro, why didn't you two tell me about this place?? :p

And for those that don't know me, lol, I was born and raised in Bakersfield. Please don't laugh, Ok go ahead, lol.

Wisdom, I was just up in those mountians picken apples, lol. We should have met up.

Hey WP, I see you changed your mind about taken off. :clap:
You discribed the area perfected in that last post. People here are going crazy trying to make the air better, but I guess they have no idea we live in a bowl, lol, and nothen can really be done :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
D

Daroline

Hi, I live in the Sacramento Valley. West of the Capitol, Sacramento.

Woodland, Ca. (agriculture) about 20 mins. from
Sacramento separated by the Sacramento river.

San Francisco and anything north of there is called
Northern Calif. But we have mountains to the east
of here and Redwoods to the North, we call ourselves
flatlanders, not Northerners. (trivia)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey, Daroline! :) I posted earlier in this thread. I'm just a hop, skip, and jump down the road in Sacramento. Love that opera house you have there in Woodland! I have a friend who's been in a number of performances there.

Upvote 0

~Wisdom Seeker~

INFP the Healer
Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
U.S.A.
✟56,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessedone_74 said:
Ok, first I wanna say...Wisdom & Alessandro, why didn't you two tell me about this place?? :p

And for those that don't know me, lol, I was born and raised in Bakersfield. Please don't laugh, Ok go ahead, lol.

Wisdom, I was just up in those mountians picken apples, lol. We should have met up.
I'm sorry. You're right...I am a bad friend...I should have said something. Yeah...that would have been neat.

I have a question for Calfornians...going to post in on another thread. It's something that I've been noticing a lot that kind of bugs me. Hope you'll all take a look and post your comments if you have any.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So's my wife... well actually she's a Canadian, moved to Dublin in 96 or 97 though.

I stayed in the HoJo's off of Heggenberger in Oakland for a couple months while my ship was in dry dock. Other than that, only reason I ever ventured to East Bay was for work or to spend some time in JL Square.

Anyone from San Diego around? Lived there for a couple years... loved every second of it, I'd move back in a heart beat if I could find work down there.

Upvote 0

Warrior Poet

A Legendary Outlaw
Jun 25, 2003
Sunny SoCal, In a city named after a fruit. Cake.
✟17,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
California knows how to party....In the city the city of LA we keep it rockn' we keep it rockn' shake it shake it baby, COME ON NOW!!!!......

Man Cali peeps are the best.

Cali boy for life DAWG!!!!

Warrior Poet

Upvote 0

Blessedone_74

"Avon Lady Calling"
Oct 2, 2003
California
Visit site
✟2,157.00
Faith
Baptist
Wisdom Seeker said:
I'm sorry. You're right...I am a bad friend...I should have said something. Yeah...that would have been neat.

I have a question for Calfornians...going to post in on another thread. It's something that I've been noticing a lot that kind of bugs me. Hope you'll all take a look and post your comments if you have any.
Yo are NOT a bad friend at all!! :hug: :hug: was just messen with ya.

I saw your thread and I agree with you on it. Drives me crazy too!!

Upvote 0