✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
CAIR spent $160,000 to silence Savage

Internal CAIR documents uncovered in "Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld That's Conspiring to Islamize America" show that despite its high cost and the continued success of Savage's show, CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad believed the campaign was "worth every penny," because, he says, the radio star lost at least $1 million in advertising.

In their new book, Gaubatz, a counter-terrorism investigator and former federal agent with vast experience in the Middle East, and Sperry, a veteran reporter on the war on terror and author of "Infiltration," document CAIR's role as a U.S. front for the Muslim Brotherhood's plan to transform America into an Islamic nation under the authority of the Quran.

After their "success" with Savage, they wanted to go after other conservative talk show hosts to silence them, too.

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's from a blurb about a book in the WND bookstore. WND is the publisher.

The facts in the book have been corroborated by recently declassified FBI documents. I would also note the creds of the authors. Why would who published it matter...execpt if you're a liberal who wants to discredit the messenger. Perhaps that why you have nothing to say about the content.

So if CAIR had gone after Al Franken, you'd feel the same way? Truth is, there's a bigger issue here. I guess you don't see it.

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
So if CAIR had gone after Al Franken, you'd feel the same way? Truth is, there's a bigger issue here. I guess you don't see it.
...you can't be serious. In order to make an statment like this the two elements need to have some kind of connectedness. The spew of Savage really has no match even in vapid rightwing talk radio itself.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Majority affraid of minority receiving any power or expressing its voice in any way.
See, that's a mistake. I think it's folly that organizations go after Obama over ridiculous issues, but I don't think "there's a bigger issue".
There is a world of difference between affecting a media person's potential audience, and trying to take over a country. I prefer not to hop on the paranoia band wagon. It's a lot easier to manage skepticism and rationality if you do it that way.

I mean, what other things has CAIR done to try to take over America? And fighting the PATRIOT Act and making a school district apologize to Muslims are not really evidence of that are they? I mean, I'd like to see some actual, sensible evidence that could actually link CAIR to domination of America.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Veritas

Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
...you can't be serious. In order to make an statment like this the two elements need to have some kind of connectedness. The spew of Savage really has no match even in vapid rightwing talk radio itself.

I guess that's a matter of opinion. I was watching Keith Olberman the other day when I was home sick and couldn't believe the vitriol coming out of him. FTR, I don't listen to Savage or most others because I work or don't care to. But I support their right (at least that's what the constitution says) to say what they want.

Majority affraid of minority receiving any power or expressing its voice in any way.

Hardly. That's not what this is about. Ultimately, I think you know that....you just want to be oppositional.

See, that's a mistake. I think it's folly that organizations go after Obama over ridiculous issues, but I don't think "there's a bigger issue".
There is a world of difference between affecting a media person's potential audience, and trying to take over a country

Why of course! But the two can operate in tandem. Besides, it's only on the Left that you usually see these kinds of things. First, there's the omnipresent Fairness Doctrine to silence the Right and now we have subversive front organizations like CAIR trying to do it. Oh yeah, there's bigger issues here.

I prefer not to hop on the paranoia band wagon. It's a lot easier to manage skepticism and rationality if you do it that way.

You don't have to be paranoid to have a brain.

I mean, what other things has CAIR done to try to take over America? And fighting the PATRIOT Act and making a school district apologize to Muslims are not really evidence of that are they? I mean, I'd like to see some actual, sensible evidence that could actually link CAIR to domination of America

I guess you'll have to read the book! Besides, I did mention that there's been recently declassified FBI documents regarding CAIR's activities. I suspect though, that there would never be any amount of evidence that would impress you since CAIR's goals and activities don't bother you. In fact, am I right that you're ashamed and embarrassed at America's power and dominance and would like to see it rendered impotent?

Upvote 0

Veritas

Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm assuming you were equally outraged when Palin and her supporters were calling for Letterman to be kicked off the air?

Please provide a link to verified information showing that Palin called for Letterman to be kicked off.

PS Please don't derail or hijack the thread. These two are completely unrelated.

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
I guess that's a matter of opinion. I was watching Keith Olberman the other day when I was home sick and couldn't believe the vitriol coming out of him. FTR, I don't listen to Savage or most others because I work or don't care to. But I support their right (at least that's what the constitution says) to say what they want.
Matter of opinion....LOL if you think that what Franken may or may have said as a radion personality is on par with that of Savage your opinion meter needs adjustment.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The facts in the book have been corroborated by recently declassified FBI documents. I would also note the creds of the authors. Why would who published it matter...execpt if you're a liberal who wants to discredit the messenger. Perhaps that why you have nothing to say about the content.
What content?

It really is just a blurb about a book on the WND website in the WND bookstore that WND published.

Link to the declassified memos you mention and maybe there would be more to say.

Why would the publisher matter? Some publishers publish trash, some publish scholarly works, most publish mainstream would-be money makers, some are pure vanity publishers. So yes, who the publisher does say something about the credibility of the piece. Past performance is no guarantee, of course; maybe one day WND will publish something that is not a right-wing diatribe. Who knows? Maybe this is the one.

Somehow I doubt it. CAIR is quite the bugaboo for them.

So if CAIR had gone after Al Franken, you'd feel the same way?
That really depends, doesn't it? If all the link consisted of a blurb from a their own CAIR publishing house, I sure wouldn't give it much credit.

Of course, if it were Franken, well-known for his thorough research, going after CAIR, I might give it some tiny bit of credit - but really, how much credit can you give an overwrought blurb? I would want to check his footnotes.

Truth is, there's a bigger issue here. I guess you don't see it.
Not in a self-serving blurb, I don't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Heh, Olberman, or even Maddow, being a jerky blowhard doesn't make Savage any less of one.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,857.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Yuo don;t see why a source (publisher) can matter? When a source consistently publishes lies, half truths and misleading conclusions sooner or later any sane person decides to no longer trust that source. When it
continues a sane person dismisses that source. WND qualifies.

This woul dseem to be rather current, that makes any real declassification that would serve to confirm this rather doubtful. If such exists please provide a link. To the documents please, not to WND saying such documents exist.

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Please provide a link to verified information showing that Palin called for Letterman to be kicked off.

I stand corrected, I don't think Palin did ask for his resignation (if she did couldn't find it), but others did.

And its very relevant as some seem to have a double standard here.

Upvote 0

Veritas

Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I stand corrected, I don't think Palin did ask for his resignation (if she did couldn't find it), but others did.

And its very relevant as some seem to have a double standard here.

Palin and her supporters are not subversives with alternative motives. CAIR clearly is.

Upvote 0