In the kitchen of my dreams.
✟17,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree there is nothing good on tv anymore. They ran out of ideas a long time ago. In response to my previous post, I really like being old school but this entertainment source does have some draw backs but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I agree there is nothing good on tv anymore. They ran out of ideas a long time ago. In response to my previous post, I really like being old school but this entertainment source does have some draw backs but I won't have it any other way.
I favor a mix of OTA TV, physical media, and free streaming sources myself but I find that streaming has replaced OTA TV as stuff I was watching on TV is on streaming apps for the most part and you don't have to deal with antenna issues when weather goes sour but you do have power hiccups and outages that kill your internet for awhile.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I agree, but isn't it ironic that I am saying I don't like internet entertainment on a internet forum.
Not really.... as most people consider internet entertainment as streaming media site contents while forums are perhaps more educational for many than streaming media sites. Now I use youtube for all sorts of things to learn, research problems, shopping/buying advice, documentaries and if you are being entertained while learning then it likely isn't considered under the category of entertainment for most folks.
I think that good entertainment online takes searching through a bunch of junk more and more these days especially live streamed content like live TV. I prefer mostly streaming on demand stuff (not live) as you can binge or come back later to watch it.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I borrow Blu-ray's and CD's from the library. I don't own a laptop so copied discs on to my computer is a inability for me.
I have a desktop computer but it requires software to copy DVDs and Blu-Rays but CDs aren't protected. I only rip CDs that I own for my music collection, I strongly recommend this and putting them on your phone if you have the memory for it so you have a portable music player with all your songs on it and with headphones you can listen to music while on the go. I wished when I was collecting cassette tapes I could afford a portable cassette player at the time they were very expensive

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, I agree. I have had bad experiences with laptops (never have owned a desktop) which has caused me to not want to own another computer.
Nothing wrong with a computer you just have to be cautious not to just go anywhere online. I'm using a computer with an operating system and browser that is out of date and no longer supported because I cannot afford to upgrade. I don't type well on a smart phone using the touch screen I do touch type on a keyboard well enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I miss the "cable TV days," but I'm more of a streaming services guy now. Last show I watched was "Saved by the Bell." Brought me back to the good ol' days!
I don't miss cable TV as in 2002 when I cut the cord even with HBO and MAX the majority of the time there wasn't anything to watch especially late at night when most of the channels you can't get on free TV were running infomercials. I don't like paying to watch informecials

Reactions: Old Soul life
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Streaming services all the way for me.

There is something magical about traditional TV that I miss.. but if I am going to be honest... I really do prefer streaming.

Looking back at it.. I used to think 70+ TV channels was a lot.. but compared to all the streaming services and YouTube.. that's like a drop of water in the ocean.

I remember back in the late 90s.. using the Internet trying to unsuccessfully watch the Rugrats movie through the internet with dial up, lol.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

littleangelone

Mar 9, 2019
Oregon
✟48,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
when i was a teenager we had a salulite dish & that's when they first came out we got one, i remember when T.V, was family oreinted back then, i enjoyed it, we still do have a satliute dish & has both T.V. channels & streaming options

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟415,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Personally I use FuboTV from my father and my mom has DISH which has the DISH Anywhere app I can put on my GoogleTV and my Firestick. So I get a total of 300+ channels for practically nothing. Its very nice. I even get my locals through the DA app.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I actually just dropped Cable last fall. It was getting ridiculously expensive even for me.

Now I use streaming. I have YouTube TV, & the Disney+ / Hulu / ESPN+ bundle.

YouTube TV: I like watching sports, so still require something that gets 'live' TV for your 'cable' ESPN channels & ABC / CBS / etc.. Plus I just like having live TV on in the background.
ESPN+ gives you more games. I like being able to watch the teams I want to watch & not always the game that's on 'cable' TV
Disney+, I like cartoon movies.
Hulu, don't watch as much. There's some movies & TV shows I watch, but have more b/c it's in the bundle.

I also have a Blu Ray player when I want to watch a movie that's not on Disney+ or Hulu. I generally check them out from the local library.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟415,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I use DirecTV through my grandmother's account and DISH Anywhere through my mom. I also get FUBO TV through my Dad. I am spoiled rotten with free access to live tv programming I tell you what. However I need to start watching Discovery+ more and Disney + more. Mom pays for Disney + and I pay out of pocket for Discovery + so yeah. I prefer live tv over a streaming service. Its just how I was raised.

Upvote 0