Jamdung/Jamrock/Island in the sun
✟21,946.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hey Millennials:wave: Who here watches cable/satellite tv? Who prefers streaming services? Who watches a combination of both?

Each generation have different preferences. Apparently, Millennials prefer to watch TV online and on streaming services (we are dubbed 'cord-cutters'). Is this true for you?

On that note - What are you watching? Which series/documentary etc.?

alkaloid

Apr 13, 2021
Toronto
✟10,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Yea, I've always been a fan of online streaming and onDemand services. I jumped on Netflix as soon as it came out. I've been having a hard time watching shows anymore because they're just programming and propaganda. I like being able to learn new things, so I've been watching a lot of political and/or Christian channels on youtube and only now getting into podcasts since I thought they were lame for the longest time lol. The only show I've been keeping up with lately is The Chosen. I've also slowly been watching Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown when I remember to.

Reactions: angelT17
Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟565,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I haven't carried cable television service in years. I don't know many people under 60 who do.

I don't grow up with cable either. Until I was 9 we lived outside of town and service wasn't available in the country. Cable was a luxury item that some of our well established kinfolk in town had. We had a giant aerial antenna bolted to the side of the house. And the first TV I remember us having was 19". Later we got one about 26 or 27. Even now, I don't get hot and bothered to have the biggest, nicest TV. The one I've had for about 5 years is a 43" with 1080P definition. And there is only one in the house, in the living room.

Upvote 0

angelT17

Jun 28, 2006
✟21,946.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yea, I've always been a fan of online streaming and onDemand services. I jumped on Netflix as soon as it came out. I've been having a hard time watching shows anymore because they're just programming and propaganda. I like being able to learn new things, so I've been watching a lot of political and/or Christian channels on youtube and only now getting into podcasts since I thought they were lame for the longest time lol. The only show I've been keeping up with lately is The Chosen. I've also slowly been watching Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown when I remember to.

Which podcast do you listen to

I don't think podcast are lame. I just don't know where to start. I normally listen to '5 Things' (Apple podcast) on my way to work. Which podcast do you listen to?

I've been hearing about The Chosen a lot lately. I think I need to check it out.

This is the first time I am hearing about Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown. Google says Chef Anthony Bourdain travels across the globe to uncover little-known areas of the world and celebrate diverse cultures by exploring food and dining rituals. That sounds pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟565,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Of great amusement to me is the people who rush out on Black Friday or a week or 2 before the Super Bowl with the intention of buying the biggest TV they can find. Never putting any forethought into how they are going to transport this TV home only to discover that a 65" TV in its packaging will not fit in the back of their vehicle. I've seen this puzzle being worked out in the parking lot several years in a row now.

Upvote 0

alkaloid

Apr 13, 2021
Toronto
✟10,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't think podcast are lame. I just don't know where to start. I normally listen to '5 Things' (Apple podcast) on my way to work. Which podcast do you listen to?

I've been hearing about The Chosen a lot lately. I think I need to check it out.

This is the first time I am hearing about Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown. Google says Chef Anthony Bourdain travels across the globe to uncover little-known areas of the world and celebrate diverse cultures by exploring food and dining rituals. That sounds pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

I've been listening mostly to Relatable with Allie Beth Stuckey, Cooper Stuff by John Cooper, Louder with Crowder by Stephen Crowder, Coleman Hughes, Slightly Offensive, and Alisa Childers.

The Chosen is so wonderful! I highly recommend you watch it and share it with people you know :D It's a very well done show with great writing and production, basically about Jesus's life revolving around the 4 Gospels. It's free to watch as well. Most episodes can be found on YouTube, but you can also watch it on their app or website. Check out the trailer too if you'd like.

Yea, it's really cool to see other people's cultures from around the globe, even places you wouldn't expect him to go to. I've been enjoying watching it because we can't travel these days, so it almost feels like you're there and experiencing it with him.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelT17

Jun 28, 2006
✟21,946.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Cut the cord? Lol, I have literally never had cable TV in my adult life. Streaming or bust.

I was on a Vampire Diaries binge a few weeks ago but I've switched over to true crime type stuff. And South Park, of course.

My parents had cable. I grew up watching that. As an adult - IPTV, Netflix, Disney plus and prime video.

Did Vampire Diaries end on a cliffhanger? If the answer is no, I may binge watch the series. Did you watch the spin off (legacies)? I watch a variety of tv series. I love a good storyline. My list is too long.

I use to watch Unsolved mysteries but I hated the fact that the cases were not solved. I watch some cold case files etc. I read a lot of crime thrillers. They tend to end with the killer being caught and I'm less rattled because it's fiction (although most Authors imitate what happens in real life)‍♀️.

Upvote 0

angelT17

Jun 28, 2006
✟21,946.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If you want to watch something on Netflix, I recommend The World's Most Extraordinary Homes. So many modern shows are depressing but that one is relaxing and fun.

Why am I just hearing about this series??? After seeing the first three houses in my Google search results, I'm definitely going to watch this. The houses are very unique. And I think I am going to feel as if I right there with them travelling the world. Thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

angelT17

Jun 28, 2006
✟21,946.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The last thing I sort of binge watched was the final season of 'Vikings'.

I tried to watch this. I thought I would've loved it because it's historical and seems to be action packed. But, I didn't even finish season one episode one. Idk. Maybe I was too distracted. I remember trying to multitask while watching it. Eventually, I gave up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Why am I just hearing about this series??? After seeing the first three houses in my Google search results, I'm definitely going to watch this. The houses are very unique. And I think I am going to feel as if I right there with them travelling the world. Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome! I think you will get a kick out of it. It is like traveling the world and stepping inside to some very eccentric homes, the kind of places you'd never see normally.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Finally! Someone who watches both. I was beginning to think that no one watches cable tv. What do you watch on cable?
I mostly watch reruns of friends and King of queens,I like the old shows more than the newer ones.

Upvote 0

angelT17

Jun 28, 2006
✟21,946.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My Boomer parents still do
That's expected.

Bottomed out at the onset of the fourth season of TVD and haven't had much mojo to continue with it. I'm sure I will. At some point. Eventually. But until then, no more TVD. Which means no Originals either.
I get it.

Told my brother TVD is better than Buffy... which he did not respond positively to.

LOL :D My older sister is a die hard fan of Buffy.

I tried to use the smilies on my phone's keyboard instead of using the forum's default smilies. That was suppose to be a shrug. I don't know what happened.

Upvote 0