Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Its right there in plain language
Chapter and verse would be helpful,
I don't know what you mean.
WE are to "pick up our cross"
But bear stripes? Not familiar with this idea.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am very sorry to notice you making such a post, since many people use that verse for healing, successfully for that matter. If I were you, I would seriously examine your motives, whether they assist the Spirit of healing to deliver people from the afflictions they go through, or only work to undermine their faith and increase their sorrows.

It doesn't matter what they say they use it for, it matters only what it actually means. Im not undermining anyone's faith, i'm instead sharing the true faith as its taught in scripture.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Chapter and verse would be helpful,
I don't know what you mean.
WE are to "pick up our cross"
But bear stripes? Not familiar with this idea.

I already posted. Please go study for yourself. To bear our cross is the same as bearing our stripes. Its following in His example, just as the scripture says.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I already posted. Please go study for yourself. To bear our cross is the same as bearing our stripes. Its following in His example, just as the scripture says.
Not the same.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't matter what they say they use it for, it matters only what it actually means. Im not undermining anyone's faith, i'm instead sharing the true faith as its taught in scripture.

What it 'actually' means is that God still heals
No amount of twisting Scripture is going to change that.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not the same.

OK, if you want to argue that, i wont argue it because it doesnt matter, the scripture in question still refers to spiritual healing, not physical, and it still refers to following Christs example of enduring persecution and insults (those are the stripes BTW)

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
OK, if you want to argue that, i wont argue it because it doesnt matter, the scripture in question still refers to spiritual healing, not physical, and it still refers to following Christs example of enduring persecution and insults (those are the stripes BTW)
Some say one and some say another.
Then evening came, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed;
and He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were ill.
17This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet:
"HE HIMSELF TOOK OUR INFIRMITIES AND CARRIED AWAY OUR DISEASES."
Doesn't matter because we're "healed" spiritually and physically by God.
Either way, Jesus always (physically) healed those who came to Him,
and He being God, never changes!
ASK, He said, and it shall be given.
He said that it was His Father's GOOD PLEASUrE to give us the Kingdom.
No matter how you dice it, GOD says that if we are sick He WILL heal us.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I look at it this way, i dont care what others believe, but
Some say one and some say another.
Then evening came, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed;
and He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were ill.
17This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet:

"HE HIMSELF TOOK OUR INFIRMITIES AND CARRIED AWAY OUR DISEASES."
Doesn't matter because we're "healed" spiritually and physically by God.
Either way, Jesus always (physically) healed those who came to Him,
and He being God, never changes!
ASK, He said, and it shall be given.
He said that it was His Father's GOOD PLEASUrE to give us the Kingdom.
No matter how you dice it, GOD says that if we are sick He WILL heal us.

Show me someone who was born without arms and legs being healed. The problem is that God wants to heal our spiritual blindness, we dont see that however because we are blind, and that's because we didnt head the Lords warning in this scripture below. See the spiritual blindness mentioned here (the darkness)? Is it any wonder prosperity teachers are blind? God lets them reap what they sow. They want to reap carnal things not spiritual things, therefore they remain spiritually blind.

Mathew 6:19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

The Lamp of the Body
22 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whats Paul saying here?

1 Corinthians 9:11 If we have sown spiritual things for you, is it a great thing if we reap your material things? 12 If others are partakers of this right over you, arewe not even more?

Nevertheless we have not used this right, but endure all things lest we hinder the gospel of Christ. 13 Do you not know that those who minister the holy things eat of the things of the temple, and those who serve at the altar partake of the offerings of the altar? 14 Even so the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should live from the gospel.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think im about done debating this topic, let those who want to find miracles go find them, im content with my lot in life, and i wont be fretting over prosperity doctrine. Its a waste of my efforts. I wont be giving my money to rich preachers who promises the lifestyle of the rich and famous, i would rather give it to some poor person instead.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I look at it this way, i dont care what others believe, but

Show me someone who was born without arms and legs being healed. The problem is that God wants to heal our spiritual blindness, we dont see that however because we are blind, and that's because we didnt head the Lords warning in this scripture below. See the spiritual blindness mentioned here (the darkness)? Is it any wonder prosperity teachers are blind? God lets them reap what they sow. They want to reap carnal things not spiritual things, therefore they remain spiritually blind.

Mathew 6:19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

The Lamp of the Body
22 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
You're asking me to PROVE that God's Word is true?
What i see doesn't determine the truth of Scripture.
If GOD said it, then it's so.
Man's fault if any is at fault.
Same as in the NT. Some could not be healed due to lack of faith
Matt 13:58 puts it like this:
And he did not do many miracles there
because of their lack of faith.

Perhaps those who need healing might see this and be healed.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think im about done debating this topic, let those who want to find miracles go find them, im content with my lot in life, and i wont be fretting over prosperity doctrine. Its a waste of my efforts. I wont be giving my money to rich preachers who promises the lifestyle of the rich and famous, i would rather give it to some poor person instead.
I'm glad you don't give your money to rich preachers.
I hope you actually do give money to the poor.
And as far as letting "those who want to find miracles, go find them"
Good plan, but i don't think you can stop them anyhow :D
Wooot!
But if you want to obey Christ, like you keep saying, then you need to do miracles too:
Heal the sick,
raise the dead,

cleanse those who have leprosy,
drive out demons.
Freely you have received; freely give.

Amen!

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad you don't give your money to rich preachers.
I hope you actually do give money to the poor.
And as far as letting "those who want to find miracles, go find them"
Good plan, but i don't think you can stop them anyhow :D
Wooot!
But if you want to obey Christ, like you keep saying, then you need to do miracles too:
Heal the sick,
raise the dead,
cleanse those who have leprosy,
drive out demons.
Freely you have received; freely give.

Amen!

Yep, Jesus did so many miracles. Jesus fed the 5000 and they didn't even need to work for it, So i wont be working anymore, by his stripes im healed, according to Isaiah, and also according to him i can have free food for life. God said it, and thats the end of it. No more working for this faithful saint. Working is for faithless suckers. And with that, i am done.

Isaiah 55:
An Invitation to Abundant Life
55 “Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
Come to the waters;
And you who have no money,
Come, buy and eat.
Yes, come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without price.
2 Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And let your soul delight itself in abundance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Liberater

Sep 30, 2007
✟8,147.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
This Isaiah 53 scripture is one of the most misused scriptures in the Church today. This scripture is not referring to physical healing at all, but instead is referring to sin and spiritual illnesses. Throughout the scriptures we see God referring to spiritual blindness and deafness, (Mathew 13). Also, the Lord refers to sin as an illness. (Mathew 9). That's what needs healed and that's the promise of Isaiah 53.

Lets examine Mathew chapter 9. The Lords miracle healing in Mathew chapter 9 points to a spiritual truth. Look at the scripture, Christ only heals this man after the Lord is accused of blasphemy. Christ performed this miracles to prove he had power to forgive sin. Look also at his next statement, it reads: "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.". The Lord is referring to sinners here, and they were not sick with any illness. Their illness was sin itself

I believer that WOF preachers need to be healed of their blindness so they can see the correct interpretation of the scriptures. I don't mean that to be sarcastic but instead is meant in the uttermost seriousness. Jesus did do many healing miracles, but those things are not the promise that is mentioned in Isaiah 53, Mathew 9, or Mathew 13. His miracles are signs that follow apostles and follow Christ, but not all are apostles, and not all are miracle workers. If these WOF preachers were actually anointed they would send their healers to heal you, instead of fleecing the Church for money, using their flawed word of faith doctrine. They tell us to just keep speaking words of faith, just believe enough, and sow more financial seeds. It seems that Gods promise doesn't come cheap, or easy

Ask yourself, are all sinners sick with physical illness? No. Is physical illness a sign that you are a sinner who needs to repent? No, not necessarily. Our bodies are growing old and our glory will fade like grass in the field. Our promises are found in heaven, that's where death, the ultimate sickness, will be healed. These WOF prosperity preachers keep telling us that if we just speak the word enough, and if we just believe enough, and give them enough money, that we will be healed. This however is just not the truth. If we find healing then that's a good thing, but if we don't then we need not blame ourselves as these WOF preachers do, no we just need to look toward heaven for our redemption.

Isaiah 53:4 Surely He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

Mathew 9:12 When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

Mathew 13:10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”

11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.

16 But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; 17 for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it,and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

By HIs stripes we were healed. There is no need to keep speaking words of faith, or sow financial seeds. We are already healed. No, instead we need to follow the Lords example, bear our own cross, and walk in love. That's what peter is exhorting us to do in 1 Peter 2. Hes not exhorting us to speak words of faith, sow more financial seeds, or to believe more.

1 Peter 2:18 Servants, be submissive to your masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh. 19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully. 20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God. 21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us,[f] leaving us[g] an example, that you should follow His steps:

22 “Who committed no sin,
Nor was deceit found in His mouth”; [h]
23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; 24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed. 25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

Isaiah 53: 3--5.
V3, Jesus was a man of sorrows, [Hebrew]Pains, and acquainted with Grief, [HEB, SICKNESS.
V4 SURELY Jesus HAS borne our pains and sicknesses.
V5, By His stripes we are healed.

Matt 8: 1--16, is all about divine healing for the PHYSICAL BODY, Then you come to v17, and it quotes Isaiah 53: 4.
1 Pet 2: 24, also quotes Isaiah 53: 5, The Greek word for "Healed" in 1 Pet 2: 24, is used about 28 times in the New Testament, and every time it's divine healing for the PHYSICAL BODY.
Miracles and healings are just for the Apostles, Jesus said EVERY BELIEVER will do signs Mk 16: 17--18. And Jesus said EVERYONE who believes, will do the same works that He did, Jn 14: 12.

There are three main reasons why people don't receive the healing that Jesus has ALREADY provided for us, .
[1]Lack of knowledge, God said His people are in bondage through no knowledge, Then He went a step further and said
His people are destroyed through lack of know ledge.

[2]Lack of faith, See how many times Jesus said things like,
"THY faith has made thee whole, According to YOUR faith be it done unto you".
Anyone who has faith WILL confess they are healed, Jesus said we'll have what we say, So if we want healing, we confess,
"By his stripes we WERE healed, and if we were, then we ARE healed, AND Jesus HAS taken my sicknesses".
Then Heb 3: 1 says Jesus becomes the High Priest of our confesses, to bring to pass whatever we say, [As long as it is in line with God's word].

[3]Sin or disobedience, That will hinder God's blessings.

I guess those WOF got it right, and you are mistaken.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Isaiah 53: 3--5.
V3, Jesus was a man of sorrows, [Hebrew]Pains, and acquainted with Grief, [HEB, SICKNESS.
V4 SURELY Jesus HAS borne our pains and sicknesses.
V5, By His stripes we are healed.

Matt 8: 1--16, is all about divine healing for the PHYSICAL BODY, Then you come to v17, and it quotes Isaiah 53: 4.
1 Pet 2: 24, also quotes Isaiah 53: 5, The Greek word for "Healed" in 1 Pet 2: 24, is used about 28 times in the New Testament, and every time it's divine healing for the PHYSICAL BODY.
Miracles and healings are just for the Apostles, Jesus said EVERY BELIEVER will do signs Mk 16: 17--18. And Jesus said EVERYONE who believes, will do the same works that He did, Jn 14: 12.

There are three main reasons why people don't receive the healing that Jesus has ALREADY provided for us, .
[1]Lack of knowledge, God said His people are in bondage through no knowledge, Then He went a step further and said
His people are destroyed through lack of know ledge.

[2]Lack of faith, See how many times Jesus said things like,
"THY faith has made thee whole, According to YOUR faith be it done unto you".
Anyone who has faith WILL confess they are healed, Jesus said we'll have what we say, So if we want healing, we confess,
"By his stripes we WERE healed, and if we were, then we ARE healed, AND Jesus HAS taken my sicknesses".
Then Heb 3: 1 says Jesus becomes the High Priest of our confesses, to bring to pass whatever we say, [As long as it is in line with God's word].

[3]Sin or disobedience, That will hinder God's blessings.

I guess those WOF got it right, and you are mistaken.

Yes, and free food and wine for life too.

Yep, Jesus did so many miracles. Jesus fed the 5000 and they didn't even need to work for it, So i wont be working anymore, by his stripes im healed, according to Isaiah, and also according to him i can have free food for life. God said it, and thats the end of it. No more working for this faithful saint. Working is for faithless suckers. And with that, i am done.

Isaiah 55:
Come to the waters;
Come, buy and eat.

Upvote 0

Liberater

Sep 30, 2007
✟8,147.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and free food and wine for life too.

Isaiah 55:

Come to the waters;
Come, buy and eat.

You have overlooked the New Testament Teaching, 2 Thess 3: 10--11.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I said that the consequences spoken of in that passage seem to be physical.
Physical illness and a physical "sleeping".
I you see it differently feel free to school us :)
not sure I like the attitude coming from this, but what I am suggesting is that it is a judgment much like we see in Gen. in the garden when Adam and Eve sinned. The death spoken of was both physical and spiritual, the spiritual was immediate, the physical death had begun but was not completed at that time. Seems to me the same applies here. Not sure why that suggestion should cause a stir, but so be it.

Upvote 0