New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I dont believe that God meant for us to have perfect health necessarily. It doesn't make sense that he would give us perfect health as our bodies grow old and feeble. I believe God wants us to be in good spiritual health. The older we get the more health issues we have. AS paul said, we groan inwardly, waiting for the adoption of our body. All creation groans, even believers. I think this refers to the reality of the temporary natural world. It refers to this world with all its temporary imperfection. We are looking for the Lord to redeem us from this earth.

Notes from a message I gave just a couple of weeks ago.

How Long Can We Live?

Heb 9:27
And just as it is destined that each person dies only once and after that comes judgment, NLT

Gen 6:3
Then the LORD said, "I will not allow people to live forever; they are mortal. From now on they will live no longer than 120 years." TEV

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, they will live no more than 120 years." NLT

Methuselah died at 969 the oldest person recorded.

Ps 90:10
Seventy years are given to us! Some may even reach eighty. But even the best of these years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we are gone. NLT

Ps 90
90:1 A prayer of Moses, the man of God.
Lord, through all the generations you have been our home!
2 Before the mountains were created, before you made the earth and the world, you are God, without beginning or end.
3 You turn people back to dust, saying, "Return to dust!"
4 For you, a thousand years are as yesterday! They are like a few hours!
5 You sweep people away like dreams that disappear or like grass that springs up in the morning.
6 In the morning it blooms and flourishes, but by evening it is dry and withered.
7 We wither beneath your anger; we are overwhelmed by your fury.
8 You spread out our sins before you — our secret sins — and you see them all.
9 We live our lives beneath your wrath. We end our lives with a groan.
10 Seventy years are given to us! Some may even reach eighty. But even the best of these years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we are gone.
11 Who can comprehend the power of your anger? Your wrath is as awesome as the fear you deserve.
12 Teach us to make the most of our time, so that we may grow in wisdom.
13 O LORD, come back to us! How long will you delay? Take pity on your servants!
14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives.
15 Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery! Replace the evil years with good.
16 Let us see your miracles again; let our children see your glory at work.
17 And may the Lord our God show us his approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful! NLT

Ps 90:10 A Psalm of Moses.
Seventy, or at most eighty years, were the average sum of the extreme term of life to which the generation dying out in the wilderness attained. from Keil and Delitzsch Commentary on the Old Testament:

Deut 34:7
And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated. KJV

Josh 24:29
And it came to pass after these things, that Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of the LORD, died, being an hundred and ten years old. KJV

1 Sam 4:15
Now Eli was ninety and eight years old; and his eyes were dim, that he could not see. KJV

Prov 9:11; Prov 3:1-2; Prov 3:16; Prov 10:27;

Ps 91:16
I will satisfy them with a long life and give them my salvation." NLT

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Notes from a message I gave just a couple of weeks ago.

How Long Can We Live?

Heb 9:27
And just as it is destined that each person dies only once and after that comes judgment, NLT

Gen 6:3
Then the LORD said, "I will not allow people to live forever; they are mortal. From now on they will live no longer than 120 years." TEV

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, they will live no more than 120 years." NLT

Methuselah died at 969 the oldest person recorded.

Ps 90:10
Seventy years are given to us! Some may even reach eighty. But even the best of these years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we are gone. NLT

Ps 90
90:1 A prayer of Moses, the man of God.
Lord, through all the generations you have been our home!
2 Before the mountains were created, before you made the earth and the world, you are God, without beginning or end.
3 You turn people back to dust, saying, "Return to dust!"
4 For you, a thousand years are as yesterday! They are like a few hours!
5 You sweep people away like dreams that disappear or like grass that springs up in the morning.
6 In the morning it blooms and flourishes, but by evening it is dry and withered.
7 We wither beneath your anger; we are overwhelmed by your fury.
8 You spread out our sins before you — our secret sins — and you see them all.
9 We live our lives beneath your wrath. We end our lives with a groan.
10 Seventy years are given to us! Some may even reach eighty. But even the best of these years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we are gone.
11 Who can comprehend the power of your anger? Your wrath is as awesome as the fear you deserve.
12 Teach us to make the most of our time, so that we may grow in wisdom.
13 O LORD, come back to us! How long will you delay? Take pity on your servants!
14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives.
15 Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery! Replace the evil years with good.
16 Let us see your miracles again; let our children see your glory at work.
17 And may the Lord our God show us his approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful! NLT

Ps 90:10 A Psalm of Moses.
Seventy, or at most eighty years, were the average sum of the extreme term of life to which the generation dying out in the wilderness attained. from Keil and Delitzsch Commentary on the Old Testament:

Deut 34:7
And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated. KJV

Josh 24:29
And it came to pass after these things, that Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of the LORD, died, being an hundred and ten years old. KJV

1 Sam 4:15
Now Eli was ninety and eight years old; and his eyes were dim, that he could not see. KJV

Prov 9:11; Prov 3:1-2; Prov 3:16; Prov 10:27;

Ps 91:16
I will satisfy them with a long life and give them my salvation." NLT

Jesus didn't live very long.

Matthew 16:1 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.

22 Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”

23 But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

Take Up the Cross and Follow Him
24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. 28 “Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its kinda interesting the the Lord praises Peter one minute and rebukes him the next.

Mathew 16:15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed[d] in heaven.”

21 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.

22 Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”

23 But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Judgement is spiritual, the consequences though, appear to be physical.
29For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself if he does not judge the body rightly.
30For this reason many among you are weak and sick, and a number sleep.…

?????? why is it that all of a sudden all kinds of people seem to think that there is no connection between the spirit of man and the flesh of man? Seriously, where is this idea coming from, you are the second person today to try to make this claim yet scripture seems very clear that there is a connection, so I am very curious where you all are getting the idea that there is no connection.

I said that the consequences spoken of in that passage seem to be physical.
Physical illness and a physical "sleeping".
I you see it differently feel free to school us :)

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not sure why people don't believe that God wants them healthy
who is suggesting HE doesn't? There is a huge difference between teaching that God always wants us physically healthy all the time and God is concerned with our flesh as well as our spirit.

I don't know, I really don't get where this idea that we have to always be comfortable in our flesh in order to be in a right relationship with God....can you enlight me where this idea is coming from, cause it isn't scriptural.
Did I say that we have to always be comfortable in our flesh in order to be in a right relationship with God?
No, I didn't
But I WILL enlighten you to a major paradigm shift, should you choose to consider it.
Jesus is the one who told us to pray that HIS will be done on earth
AS IT IS IN HEAVEN
Now,.. is there illness sickness and disease in Heaven?
No.
So we're praying for that same thing to be done here on earth.
If GOD told us to pray that way, then we can see what God "wills" for us.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I said that the consequences spoken of in that passage seem to be physical.
Physical illness and a physical "sleeping".
I you see it differently feel free to school us :)

I dont need to school you, i give my opinion, thats all.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did I say that we have to always be comfortable in our flesh in order to be in a right relationship with God?
No, I didn't
But I WILL enlighten you to a major paradigm shift, should you choose to consider it.
Jesus is the one who told us to pray that HIS will be done on earth
AS IT IS IN HEAVEN
Now,.. is there illness sickness and disease in Heaven?
No.
So we're praying for that same thing to be done here on earth.
If GOD told us to pray that way, then we can see what God "wills" for us.

You can pray for it, but that doesn't mean its going to happen necessarily. To be spiritual is to follow Christ. He was crucified.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can pray for it, but that doesn't mean its going to happen necessarily. To be spiritual is to follow Christ. He was crucified.
"Can"?
Jesus said "to" pray for it.
Let me ask you something.
If God said that we should pray for His will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
If we pray for something that we KNOW is His will... why would we say that
"it doesn't mean it's going to happen necessarily"?

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My bad, you're correct. You must forgive me, mistakes happen.
You're fine, i Just try to be succinct.
I'm trying to add posting here to my already busy schedule.
Trying to be a good steward :)

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Can"?
Jesus said "to" pray for it.
Let me ask you something.
If God said that we should pray for His will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
If we pray for something that we KNOW is His will... why would we say that
"it doesn't mean it's going to happen necessarily"?

Because its Gods will that we follow Christ and bear our own cross. Who's to say that God will grant us a long life? People die all the time, at different ages, and i dont think God is punishing them necessarily. If anything he might let evil men live longer so they can repent, maybe. Also this healing business seems unlikely because i have never seen anyone who was born without arms or legs get healed. Ive never seen people born with mental retardation healed either. That's God telling us something right there. Its spiritual healing, not physical. That's the only way it makes sense

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus didn't live very long.

Matthew 16:1 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.

Take Up the Cross and Follow Him
24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. 28 “Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

That is true, but then He was born to die so we could be redeemed and healed.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is true, but then He was born to die so we could be redeemed and healed.

Healed from sin and death. Why dont you just admit that Isaiah and Peter are talking about spiritual healing? Peter is teaching us that we were healed by his stripes, and he teaches us to follow in his footsteps. Christ died....do you see? WE follow Him

Hes telling us to bear our own stripes, our own cross. I believe that in doing so we are healed from our sinful desires, because we reap what we sow. Brother, the scripture is talking about spiritual healing. Even commentaries say the same thing. Not that i need a commentary, and not that i always agree with them necessarily, but its helpful to have agreement by such things, because people seem to trust them. The words that God wants us to speak are not declarations of prosperity and healing, no sir, they are words of love. All scripture points to this truth. I have seen it, and posted it in this thread. Go back and see.

Look at this Peter scripture also, and see what im saying is true. What does it say? "that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness"

1 Peter 2:18 Servants, be submissive to your masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh. 19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully. 20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God. 21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us,leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:

22 “Who committed no sin,
Nor was deceit found in His mouth
”;

23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; 24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed. 25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its not, by His stripes we are healed of physical illness, but its instead by bearing our own stripes, and speaking words of love, that we are healed from our sinful desires. We reap what we sow (Galatians 5-6)

We share in his suffering, we bear our own cross, we share his stripes.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Healed from sin and death. Why dont you just admit that Isaiah and Peter are talking about spiritual healing?

God's the same yesterday today and forever.
Jesus healed folks who were physically sick :)
And He still does it!

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Its not, by His stripes we are healed of physical illness, but its instead by bearing our own stripes, and speaking words of love, that we are healed from our sinful desires. We reap what we sow (Galatians 5-6)

We share in his suffering, we bear our own cross, we share his stripes.

Bearing your own stripes??Not sure where you got this.

Upvote 0

Demetrius194

HolySprit+ClearConscience=Salvation
Oct 3, 2015
✟15,407.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am very sorry to notice you making such a post, since many people use that verse for healing, successfully for that matter. If I were you, I would seriously examine your motives, whether they assist the Spirit of healing to deliver people from the afflictions they go through, or only work to undermine their faith and increase their sorrows.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0