Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Stop with the ad homs. I have done nothing of the sort, I don't become "hostile" ever.

The commentaries at the bottom of the page say it all.
first, I was responding to how your posts came across, nothing more or less....second, I am not a big fan of commentaries since they are man's idea of who God is and not scriptures view of who God is...they may or may not match, but the only way to know for sure is to study the scriptures ourselves on the matter. Unfortunately most people are so busy they never take time to actually study and instead rely on man's teachings, like pastors and commentaries to tell them what they think is palatable and never discover the God of the Bible and all that HE wants to tell us. IOW's when we rely on man's teachings, such as commentary's we will always find someone who will tell us what we want to hear....God isn't so kind as to tell us what we want to hear.
Doesn't matter what I've seen or haven't seen...
God does what He says He will.
End of story.
yep, which is what I am trying to get you to see, what God actually does say, not what the teachers you follow are telling you to be true.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
show me one passage, I'll take just one in which it says that God's will for mankind is to never suffer disease or illness.
The ONE passage that I gave, the one you quoted me on for this question.
THAT passage says it's HIS will for us to live on earth AS IT IS in Heaven.

Please give me one question at a time, so it doesn't get confusing
I started with the first question.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I only looked at the one you posted. I read commentaries on the stripes of Christ, and they all mentioned spiritual, not physical.
There were several in the link I posted.
You mean you read the first one only?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It bothers me that some people ignore this James scripture, and then go around judging people who are sick, accusing them of having weak faith. That actually makes it harder on a sick person, because then the accuser comes into our mind, accusing us of having no faith, and it wars against Gods grace which is what we need most in times like that, i believe anyway. I believe its better to allow Gods grace to sustain us when we are sick, rather than to allow people to accuse us, and tear down our faith in the process. If these people are so faith filled then let their faith heal people, and let them not accuse others of lacking faith. Let them instead question their own faith.
exactly because in this passage where were are instructed to pray for the sick, the power is in the righteous man who is praying not in the faith or lack thereof of the sick person. In fact, how much different would healing services be if we "blamed" the lack of healing on the unrighteousness of the one praying then on the sick persons lack of faith?

Reactions: Extraneous
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

well, I'm not sure which direction to take this if you are getting confused already, cause I was limiting my responses. Besides I would love to hear your response to another poster who mentioned that there was no marriage in heaven, not child birth in heaven, etc. and how that should affect our lives if we interpret it your way, it's a great point that poster made.

But let me see, we are shifting how we approach this, so my first question to you, where according to Gen. does sickness, disease, death, suffering of all kinds come from?

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Please answer the question asked of you by swordsman1. I was going to ask the same question of you earlier but decided not to. It seems to address your point however and might help to answer all questions, so allow me to re-post his/her question again.

Swordsman1 asked:

Neither is there marriage in Heaven. Does that mean it is God's will for us not to marry here on earth?
Neither is there childbirth in heaven. Does that mean it is God's will for no children to be born here on earth?
Neither is there any killing in heaven. Does that mean it is God's will for animals (and us) not to kill and eat meat?
Neither is there aging in heaven. Does that mean it is God's will for us not to grow old here on earth?
Neither is there a language barrier in heaven. Does that mean it is God's will for us to speak a single language here on earth?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There were several in the link I posted.
You mean you read the first one only?

I failed to notice the other. I don't use that website often. Regardless however, the topic is about the stripes of Christ and healing. I haven't found a commentary that mentions physical illness, but rather sin itself, and spiritual illness which is sin, instead.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
well, I'm not sure which direction to take this if you are getting confused already, cause I was limiting my responses. Besides I would love to hear your response to another poster who mentioned that there was no marriage in heaven, not child birth in heaven, etc. and how that should affect our lives if we interpret it your way, it's a great point that poster made.

But let me see, we are shifting how we approach this, so my first question to you, where according to Gen. does sickness, disease, death, suffering of all kinds come from?
I'm not confused.
But i don't want my readers to be.
And when you start breaking down every little sentence, that's what happens.
The quotes get twisted around so it appears one person said what another did etc.
How bout you tell me.
Where does Gen say that sickness comes from.
If you have scripture please school us.
I really want to discuss truth, not play this game.
Blessings

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not confused.
The quotes get twisted around so it appears one person said what another did etc.
How bout you tell me.
Blessings
Now, see, this sounds condescending and hostile, whether it is what you mean or not and as such, sets a negative tone to begin with. As to sentence by sentence, when your posts combine a lot of different points, the best way to unconfuse them is to go line by line.

As to Gen. you know the answer, why are you not answering? Are you afraid it is a trick question? There are several passages that tell us that death follows sin. IOW's when Adam and Eve ate of the forbidden fruit, death entered the world...what is death? in the flesh it is disease, sickness, aging...so, where did sickness and disease come from according to scripture? Sin...right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not confused.
How bout you tell me.
Blessings

You are avoiding questions

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I failed to notice the other. I don't use that website often. Regardless however, the topic is about the stripes of Christ and healing. I haven't found a commentary that mentions physical illness, but rather sin itself, and spiritual illness which is sin, instead.
OtherS
I don't imagine you have found one that mentions that, since you're not reading the other commentarIES
So, i guess we have nothing to discuss, if you're only going to read the ones you like.
We can agree to disagree!
Sounds good!

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You are avoiding questions
Now that's the funnies thing i've heard today considering the source.

I'm one person and I have a life. Give me a moment?
But no, I don't avoid anything, why would I? I have no AGENDA outside of blessing the body
and seeking truth.
You and I are done though, Extraneous, so I'll just stop responding.
As you can see, the time it took me to reply was a waste of
God given time and I don't need to be a worse steward than I
already am.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OtherS
I don't imagine you have found one that mentions that, since you're not reading the other commentarIES
So, i guess we have nothing to discuss, if you're only going to read the ones you like.
We can agree to disagree!
Sounds good!

Still avoiding questions i see.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

But no, I don't avoid anything, why would I? I have no AGENDA outside of blessing the body
and seeking truth.
already am.
I think we are all extremely busy, and yet, you have not been answering any of the questions asked of you, why is that? If you don't have time for answering questions, why post at all?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

and seeking truth.
already am.

Ok, lets let go of this debate then, as i said earlier, i would rather let it go because its not going anywhere anyway.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Neither is there marriage in Heaven. Does that mean it is God's will for us not to marry here on earth?
Neither is there childbirth in heaven. Does that mean it is God's will for no children to be born here on earth?
Neither is there any killing in heaven. Does that mean it is God's will for animals (and us) not to kill and eat meat?
Neither is there aging in heaven. Does that mean it is God's will for us not to grow old here on earth?
Neither is there a language barrier in heaven. Does that mean it is God's will for us to speak a single language here on earth?
Hi swordsman1
Good question!
I don't know the answers.
I do know that we have spiritual bodies in Heaven and so we can't have babies
we can't marry and indeed have no need to marry, since marriage is to produce
godly offspring to fight in the Kingdom of God (Malachi)
And of course we don't need to eat meat in Heaven as it's a different atmosphere.
I'm guessing we have to take into consideration that we're on earth.
But sickness? In reading through the entire Bible, no, it's not His will for us to be
Ill .. why would God cast out sickness if it were a good (GOD) thing.
Why would He not say, keep it, it's good for you?
I don't know, all I know is that if I'm sick, I'm told to pray.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think we are all extremely busy, and yet, you have not been answering any of the questions asked of you, why is that? If you don't have time for answering questions, why post at all?
I answer every question

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Language barrier, good question.
We find the answer in Scripture i think
He did create us with no barrier.
Man got snarky and He confused language.
Now that we are all one (the body of Christ)
we no longer have to worry about that either.
We do still have different languages in earth
country to country, but we also have the universal
language of the Spirit.
MANY accounts of folks "understanding" a language
they shouldn't be able to, or speaking one they never
learned.
(MY 2 cents, take it or leave it :) have a good day )

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do try to answer every question, even foolish ones.
I'm not going to do that anymore. Wasted time is sinful (unfruitful)
I'll discuss truths of God and Scripture but will disregard
posts that are combative, mean spirited or baiting

Upvote 0