• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Broken

Olivet

Oct 28, 2020
Cbcbc
✟13,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Fear i may have more than ocd.

Afraid of losing touch with rrality..
.have an appt made but its later in this month.

Im very tired. Im trying. I barely eat n sleep.

Super depressed, anxious. Self harm thoughts switl my head.

Tbh, im angry with God too.

Bc hes just sileny while I suffer.

I feel nothing will change.

Im tryung but ready to give up .

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bless you.. it can be hard.. lol can be? Hard as in.. to not go by feelings. So.. we blindly by faith stand on what He said as in promises. He promised He will never leave you nor forsake you. He has not given you the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. <--this is what I speak when fear tries to hit me.

I don't look at others to define my Father. By His stripes you are healed. You have the mind of Christ. You have the full armor of God. You have the peace of God. Jesus left you peace..not as the world gives. You have the joy of the lord. You are strong in the power of His might <--- do you see? Its never you.. its ALWAYS Him.

So do not run with that thought that never came from Him :) That says He just silently while you suffer. That is lie. This is a fallen world. Trials and tribulations come but He never ever leaves you. No matter what is happening around me or being put on this body I think on.. I Know my Father is for me.. Hes not against me.. He is going to come through.. something good is going to happen to YOU in Jesus name. Think on that.. that He is with you.. He is for you.. don't listen to the negative thoughts.

Isa 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Upvote 0

Olivet

Oct 28, 2020
Cbcbc
✟13,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
beautiful poem
Not a poem

Am struggling. Baby crying. I have to be his comforter yet i feel soulless. Love baby lots just wish god would call me home.

Tired of living with broken mind

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not a poem

Am struggling. Baby crying. I have to be his comforter yet i feel soulless. Love baby lots just wish god would call me home.

Tired of living with broken mind
Do you know what the gospel is? In other words, do you understand how a person is made right with God?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Oh blessed of the Lord please don't despair but bring all your grief, sorrow and pain to Jesus. Jesus knows all about suffering and loves to support you through this.

Mental illness is the pits, i know i have struggled with that as well all my life. Yet Jesus is a great comforter for those who are hurting, it is for us to put our faith in Him.

i have written some support threads in the depression forums which, explaining how Jesus can help us in our struggle, i encourage you to read them.

Building a new life through Scriptures.

That our Lord help you down there.:hug:

Reactions: Olivet
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Getting angry with God is the worst thing that you can do. Your problem looks back at you from the mirror. God is the only one who can help you. "God be merciful to me a sinner" is a good start.

"If I regard wickedness in my heart, The Lord will not hear" Psalm 66:18

There is always a reason why God is silent. You need to find out from God what the problem is. If you will humble yourself, ask God for help, then He will answer.

Upvote 0

Olivet

Oct 28, 2020
Cbcbc
✟13,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Getting angry with God is the worst thing that you can do. Your problem looks back at you from the mirror. God is the only one who can help you. "God be merciful to me a sinner" is a good start.

"If I regard wickedness in my heart, The Lord will not hear" Psalm 66:18

There is always a reason why God is silent. You need to find out from God what the problem is. If you will humble yourself, ask God for help, then He will answer.

I didnt give myswlf these mental issues. Still mad at him.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes i was mad with God as well when i was still in my pit. i even cursed Him in one of my psychotic rages, not something i'm proud of now, but still He came and got me out of the pit.

He taught me to forgive others, including Him, for shaping me the way i had become, i'm a sexual assault victim who was almost murdered in the assault, that left me badly damaged behind growing my misery ever after that event.

God send Jesus! He was really murdered and treated far more shamefully than i ever been. He suffered the agony of hell for all of our transgressions, mine as well.

So yes repentance was needed big time. i had stubbornly been going the wrong way, and though that road was killing me, i had just kept on going. The place i ended up being like that was the bottomless pit.

So i realised i had to stop believing those lies in my head about God, myself and those others and follow the way of love instead, just like Jesus did. Oh what grace and goodness i met on my way? For as i let God's loving truth change me, my misery began to lessen and good times started to come back again. Even though my depressive illness just kept on going unabated.

Long story short.

Please hand over your anger to the Lord and ask Him to show you how to replace your life of misery with His good life. And place you faith in God's love because of the death suffering and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

(When i asked God why He had made me the way i am He said for My glory, as i was deeply depressed with an incredible low self esteem i did not understand Him then, but later after He began to make things well, as He promised He would, i began to understand that God can get good out of bad.

i love Him for my life now. What a change from cursing Him hey? That is what God's love can do in someone's life if we let Jesus do the job of the changing.

Peace.

Feasting My Good Life.

The Wicked captivated my truth
the truth of my heart and mind
and wound me around their lies
knotted me out of my own reality
into the dungeons of torture below.

Unable to unravel their cob webs
the wicked took control of my life
and brought much pain and misery
feasting on my God given good life
at the expense of my own welfare.

Yet when Christ light lit up my night
and i saw Him on the clouds of heaven
The Wicked sprung all their traps
thinking i was as good as dead
trapped in their nasty fowler's nets.

Yet the Lion of the tribe of Judea
killed the goats great and small
and set me free from their control
and gave me back my freedom in Him
feasting good times growing New Life.

Upvote 0

Olivet

Oct 28, 2020
Cbcbc
✟13,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes i was mad with God as well when i was still in my pit. i even cursed Him in one of my psychotic rages, not something i'm proud of now, but still He came and got me out of the pit.

He taught me to forgive others, including Him, for shaping me the way i had become, i'm a sexual assault victim who was almost murdered in the assault, that left me badly damaged behind growing my misery ever after that event.

God send Jesus! He was really murdered and treated far more shamefully than i ever been. He suffered the agony of hell for all of our transgressions, mine as well.

So yes repentance was needed big time. i had stubbornly been going the wrong way, and though that road was killing me, i had just kept on going. The place i ended up being like that was the bottomless pit.

So i realised i had to stop believing those lies in my head about God, myself and those others and follow the way of love instead, just like Jesus did. Oh what grace and goodness i met on my way? For as i let God's loving truth change me, my misery began to lessen and good times started to come back again. Even though my depressive illness just kept on going unabated.

Long story short.

Please hand over your anger to the Lord and ask Him to show you how to replace your life of misery with His good life. And place you faith in God's love because of the death suffering and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

(When i asked God why He had made me the way i am He said for My glory, as i was deeply depressed with an incredible low self esteem i did not understand Him then, but later after He began to make things well, as He promised He would, i began to understand that God can get good out of bad.

i love Him for my life now. What a change from cursing Him hey? That is what God's love can do in someone's life if we let Jesus do the job of the changing.

Peace.

Feasting My Good Life.

The Wicked captivated my truth
the truth of my heart and mind
and wound me around their lies
knotted me out of my own reality
into the dungeons of torture below.

Unable to unravel their cob webs
the wicked took control of my life
and brought much pain and misery
feasting on my God given good life
at the expense of my own welfare.

Yet when Christ light lit up my night
and i saw Him on the clouds of heaven
The Wicked sprung all their traps
thinking i was as good as dead
trapped in their nasty fowler's nets.

Yet the Lion of the tribe of Judea
killed the goats great and small
and set me free from their control
and gave me back my freedom in Him
feasting good times growing New Life.

Ill try. My mind isnt well atmm . will pray wen i can.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You will stay bound up until you let God off the hook. God did not give you mental issues either. You are attributing to God what has come from Satan. That is not how to get onside with God.

Upvote 0