Bold Prediction: Over-the-phone ministered healing to a specific member of this community!

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here are a few more to check out.

- My Spiritual Warning bells went off in your approach....

Not surprised; mine did too. Not the same as opposing God.
Next.

I wouldn't have put a condition on the prayer.

Neither would I. In the Gospels, Jesus healed people who didn't ask for help, as well as those who didn't have faith - Jairus, his wife, and obviously his daughter, and the father who said "IF you can ....."

Sin gives the Enemy a foothold - instead of becoming more empowered
you get your armour Stripped big style. Pray about it first.

Very true.
If we read words in Scripture, on any subject, assume that's what God wants for us and rush to claim it, without seeking God's will first; that's assumption, not faith.

- This twisted theology is only going to get people hurt.

Disagreeing with the OP about healing is NOT the same as opposing God.

- I'll tell you what...when I see you tell a mountain to throw itself into the sea...
and it does just that....I'll believe all of your claimed healings. Until then, I won't.

Anyone can claim anything on here; there's no harm in asking for healings to be verified.

Did you know that Jesus had one of his prayers turned down?

Absolutely correct - it was in the Garden of Gethsemane; go and read it.
He said "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me", Luke 22:42. And God didn't.

The point is that this forum is for Christians only.
Why have you written that Christians are opposing God just because they disagree with another Christian on a particular subject?
Opposing God is a strong claim - I doubt anyone here does that.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being on the opposite side of a disagreement does not make it negative. Negativity is often in the eye of the beholder.
It is always in the eye of the beholder. And one, most times, have to have it in them, to feel it.....

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have chosen to side against the OP. Thus discouraging prayer for those in need of healing. Why not support the OP? Why not encourage Johnny and stand with him?

Because I don't know the people involved nor the situation, and God hasn't told me to pray the way he has told Johnny.
Because I don't agree with the OPs post - which he has already contradicted.
Anyone who wants to pray for this man can do so; I'm not stopping them. And if the Lord has told anyone else to pray for this man they should do so, whatever I may think.

Do we need 40 pages of doctrinal arguments to decide if we support this?

Personally; no.
I have not been asked to pray for the healing of someone I don't know; I don't know the Lord's will for that person or how he wants me to pray.
The 40 pages of discussion are likely to be about the OPs approach and doctrine of healing, rather than about whether God can heal.

John 1:23
John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”

John the Baptist was a voice in the wilderness; you aren't.

• Winner
Reactions: A Realist
Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Honestly, I don't even see it as ministry. I just see it as lifestyle, because I am treating others how I would want to be treated if our situations were to be supernaturally switched. If I was the one who had to struggle with an issue, and someone had the faith, knowledge or whatever you want to call standing on God's Word to see me get healed and I didn't, I would want them to fight for me. So, I do that. If my finances were such that I could be used to free others from debt, I would. If my housing situation was such that I could open my house to people who don't have a home, I would do so. All that, not because I'm something special, but just because of the compassion and that general rule that if the situation were reversed, would I want the help.

Hi Johnny. This is a wonderful testimony and a great model of service for us to follow. I was at peace yesterday knowing someone is praying a powerful prayer at a specified time.

It takes a lot of courage and humility--the opposite of ego--to do what you did. People with ego would not take the chances of being criticized or doubted. They would only do a fool-proof thing that doesn't require faith to succeed, in order to guard their reputation.

People who did things a little differently, like Noah, was ridiculed in the Bible. But I don't see anything un-biblical about you praying for the sick, and praying in faith. Thank you for generously offering your prayers for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It takes a lot of courage and humility--the opposite of ego--to do what you did. People with ego would not take the chances of being criticized or doubted. They would only do fool-proof things that doesn't require faith to succeed, in order to guard their reputation.

It doesnt require a boast of the ego to pray for someone.......but there could possibly be ego involved when we announce what we are doing before hand and denounce those who do not do what we do, like we do it......dont you think?

It is also the ego that would dismiss everything that seems contrary to itself as naysayers while agreeing with and welcoming those that speak for it.

People who did things a little differently, like Noah, was ridiculed in the Bible. But I don't see anything un-biblical about you praying for the sick, and praying in faith. Thank you for generously offering your prayers for us.

What do you think of God's exclamations to pray in secrete and not letting the right hand know what the left is doing?

There is a time for debating doctrine.....not sure that the time is when there is one who needs a healing from the Lord.

When this person is Healed....will we talk about the power of God?.....or the excellent faith of a man?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken C.

Mar 28, 2019
Rock Hill
✟11,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This verse r
Your "bold prediction" is unwise. First, it places you front-and-center in the healing event, not God. You have oriented the spotlight upon yourself by making God's potential healing of somebody all about what you believe and how strongly and what you'll do if healing doesn't happen. If God decides to heal, you get to steal some of His glory by having made the healing about your prediction and your resolve to quit CF if He doesn't heal. As far as I can see, your "bold prediction" is just ugly Self attempting to insinuate itself into God's business.

Secondly, your prediction presumes to dictate what God will do. Your thinking seems to be that the strength of your certainty that He will heal obliges Him to do so. There is no "thy will be done" in your prediction, but only "my will be done."

See here how you're making what God might do all about you? You're going to prove that God heals. Well, God doesn't need you to prove anything for Him. He's quite capable of proving what He likes without your self-aggrandizing "predictions."

It doesn't really matter what you believe God will do. It only matters what He wants to do. The strength of your belief about healing doesn't have anything really to do with whether or not God will heal. God will heal a person or He will not; you are not the linchpin in how He decides.

What does Satan have to do with the fellow's tinnitus and hearing loss? Our bodies break down in all sorts of ways simply because we live in a world corrupted by sin. Death and disease are not typically demonic in origin but merely the consequence of our own wickedness.

And the devil just laughs at this sort of thing. You have put yourself in the limelight where God should stand and the devil applauds. And if God should choose not to heal you have made a foolish, unnecessary vow that your pride will bind you into keeping.

The "healing" obtained through Christ's stripes is a spiritual one, not physical. By his stripes, the rift our sin has caused between Man and his holy Creator is healed. This is what is in view in Isaiah 53:5, as the very next verse explains:

Isaiah 53:6
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

See? We have strayed from God, turned to our own way, and so caused a fatal separation between ourselves and our Maker. Jesus has come to reconcile us to God, to heal the rift our sin produced between God and us, not heal tinnitus. Now, of course, God can heal but He makes no promise whatever to do so any and every time we may ask Him to. And so it is we read of Epaphroditus falling ill and not being healed by way of supernatural miracle; we read the same thing of Trophimus and Dorcas (who actually died); and we read of Paul telling Timothy to take wine for the sake of his stomach rather than claim healing in the atonement.
This verse refers back to Isaiah 53:5
That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.
Also, if Paul told Timothy to drink wine, it's probably because the water was bad.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The point is that this forum is for Christians only.
Why have you written that Christians are opposing God just because they disagree with another Christian on a particular subject?
Opposing God is a strong claim - I doubt anyone here does that.
I think you have overstepped what I said in your claim about what I have "written".
In reference to post #90 ?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you have overstepped what I said in your claim about what I have "written".
In reference to post #90 ?

You did say:
Perhaps we aren't reading the same topic.
Here's a collection of comments from this thread.
Do you see any hint of blatant opposition or denying God?

I think you're right - the subject was opposing the OP, not opposing God; sorry.
But I don't believe that challenging the OP is denying God.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesnt require a boast of the ego to pray for someone.......but there could possibly be ego involved when we announce what we are doing before hand and denounce those who do not do what we do, like we do it......dont you think?

It is also the ego that would dismiss everything that seems contrary to itself as naysayers while agreeing with and welcoming those that speak for it.
This was exactly my point when I stated it's often about ego. (post #16). Good clarification.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God doesn't NEED our faith to be able to heal - and especially not if this is his will anyway.
Challenging, questioning or disagreeing with the OP's stance on healing is not the same as "standing against him". That would involve blatantly opposing him and denying that God still heals today.

Faith matters. Remember "ye of little faith".

It takes prayer and fasting to drive out some demons. It takes faith and obedience.

Your statement is invalid in partiality. God does not need faith...He requires of us faith to move mountains.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Acting on your faith doesnt necessary entail announcing your actions to the public.

A prophet needs accountability. He is seeking accountability and to fight along side him in battle.

Upvote 0

Ken C.

Mar 28, 2019
Rock Hill
✟11,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't read most of the comments so if I am repeating, sorry.
If it is not in Gods will that this person be healed you can't force your will on the person. God has some reason for what is going on with him or her. Certainly praying is a must but don't try to force your will on God. His plan for his child is not yours to determine by blackmail.
I think God would want all His children healed. Wouldn't you want your son or daughter healed, or don't you care. I happen to believe our Father loves us. God does not use sickness or illness to teach us a lesson although a lesson could be learned. He uses His Word to discipline us. So again, God wants us healed. It is part of Jesus atonement for us. The Apostle John wrote by inspiration in 3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. That's from the heart of God. It's his will. He wants to heal us all but we have to cooperate with Him because He works through us. Healing is also a Grace. It's something that God has done for before we even know we need it. And he does it because He loves us. It's undeserved. So grace is His part, faith is our part. How did you receive Christ? By Grace through faith and that not of ourselves, it is a gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast. So as you have received Christ, so walk you in Him.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't read most of the comments so if I am repeating, sorry.
If it is not in Gods will that this person be healed you can't force your will on the person. God has some reason for what is going on with him or her. Certainly praying is a must but don't try to force your will on God. His plan for his child is not yours to determine by blackmail.
Where in all scripture is it not Gods will to heal .. Deliver..Deliver..restore.. Bring life...etc .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes He wills us not to be healed for His glory.
upon which scripture under the new covenant in Jesus would we base that thought on ...
There are statements by the lord that are both wonderous and deeply intriguing .
I.e. you shall ask what so ever you will...

We must not let unbelief sneak in or ever be the basis for our theologies.

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Faith matters. Remember "ye of little faith".

It takes prayer and fasting to drive out some demons. It takes faith and obedience.

Your statement is invalid in partiality. God does not need faith...He requires of us faith to move mountains.
I think they said ..he does not need "our" faith ..refering to the one being healed??

The rest of this post might need its own thread lol.
The English understanding that some demons only come with prayer and fasting is not consistant with all other dcripture Or the actions that Jesus then took.. Without prayer or fasting

Last edited:
Upvote 0