Blue eyed and fair skin??

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So does this imply that the white Jesus we're used to seeing in art is perhaps a realistic depiction?
No, it doesn't imply that. The remains were from an unusual cultural pocket, different from most of the region.

Reactions: Hoshiyya
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Jewish archeologists were left scrambling for answers when their DNA analysis of bones found in an ancient grave dating to as much as 6,000 years ago showed that some of the earliest inhabitants of the land of Israel were aryan-looking with fair skin and blue eyes: DNA Study Finds Early Inhabitants of Israel Were Blue-Eyed and Fair-Skinned | Right of the Right

Those individual were from or related to people from the Caucasus/Ukraine region where blue eyes developed and then radiated out from.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Those individual were from or related to people from the Caucasus/Ukraine region where blue eyes developed and then radiated out from.
Wasn't Japheth's family line starting from that area? and later moved further north?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jewish archeologists were left scrambling for answers when their DNA analysis of bones found in an ancient grave dating to as much as 6,000 years ago showed that some of the earliest inhabitants of the land of Israel were aryan-looking with fair skin and blue eyes: DNA Study Finds Early Inhabitants of Israel Were Blue-Eyed and Fair-Skinned | Right of the Right

The linked site (i.e. Right of the Right) also linked to these articles ...

DNA Studies Prove Ancient Egypt’s Caucasian Origin

Genghis Khan & the Mongol Invaders Were White Scythians

No matter the racial makeup in the Middle East in 6000 BC, the nation of Israel began with the emigration of Semitic Abraham into the area ... much later (around 1750 BC) ...

In addition, the studies linked to support the article only recognized a presence of some Japhetic descendants in the area, ... which is not surprising when one notes that Egyptian artifacts show a culture of mixed descent.

The article gives itself away with its concluding statement ...

"And notice at the conclusion of the article, the jewish writer is sure to point out that these fair-skinned, blue-eyed people “didn’t continue” to live in Israel. What does he base this on? The answer is nothing — except his fear of the truth that the world must never know — that today’s Jews who occupy that land are clearly not who they say they are. DNA tells us exactly who the ancient Israelites were."

Once again, today's Jews are descended from Abraham, ... not from whoever occupied the area in 6000 BC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Well, I've got light blue eyes and a pale skin, but I don't think they will me let in to Israel based on those characteristics!

Well you must be related to Noah! :)

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The scientific paper is in a reputable journal.

The scientific paper doesn't really say what the article claims ... only that there is evidence of a Japethic (Caucasian) presence in the area in 6000 BC.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The scientific paper doesn't really say what the article claims ... only that there is evidence of a Japethic (Caucasian) presence in the area in 6000 BC.
The paper says, "First, an allele (G) at rs12913832near the OCA2 gene, with a proven association to blue eye color in individuals of European descent, has an estimated alternative allele frequency of 49% in the Levant_ChL population, suggesting that the blue-eyed phenotype was common in the Levant_ChL," and, "Second, an allele at rs1426654 in the SLC24A5 gene which is one of the most important determinants of light pigmentation in West Eurasians is fixed for the derived allele (A) in the Levant_ChL population suggesting that a light skinned phenotype may have been common in this population, although any inferences about skin pigmentation based on allele frequencies observed at a single site need to be viewed with caution."

In other words, it says that the people from this population were probably often blue-eyed and that there is evidence they were light-skinned, but the latter is not certain. It doesn't say anything about a Japethic presence since "Japethic" is not a meaningful scientific term.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The paper says, "First, an allele (G) at rs12913832near the OCA2 gene, with a proven association to blue eye color in individuals of European descent, has an estimated alternative allele frequency of 49% in the Levant_ChL population, suggesting that the blue-eyed phenotype was common in the Levant_ChL," and, "Second, an allele at rs1426654 in the SLC24A5 gene which is one of the most important determinants of light pigmentation in West Eurasians is fixed for the derived allele (A) in the Levant_ChL population suggesting that a light skinned phenotype may have been common in this population, although any inferences about skin pigmentation based on allele frequencies observed at a single site need to be viewed with caution."

In other words, it says that the people from this population were probably often blue-eyed and that there is evidence they were light-skinned, but the latter is not certain. It doesn't say anything about a Japethic presence since "Japethic" is not a meaningful scientific term.

I'm not an expert, but I don't think that the study is saying that ALL of the people in this area exhibited the same physical characteristics (i.e. blue eyes, light skin), but that there is evidence of the presence of of SOME of this people type.

In any case, the progenitor of the Israelites, and the Jewish population, was Abraham, who emigrated to the area much later (1750 BC) ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not an expert, but I don't think that the study is saying that ALL of the people in this area exhibited the same physical characteristics (i.e. blue eyes, light skin), but that there is evidence of the presence of of SOME of this people type.
Right. Since the blue eye trait is recessive and the frequency of the blue-eye variant is almost 50%, about a quarter of people in this population would have had blue eyes. If the skin color variant they describe was really the main thing determining their skin color, though, they all would have had light(ish) skin. But it is possible that other genetic variants also affected their pigmentation.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In any case, the progenitor of the Israelites, and the Jewish population, was Abraham, who emigrated to the area much later (1750 BC) ...

You keep pointing this out, and certain people keep ignoring you.

Scripture is pretty darned clear that the Jews supplanted the original inhabitants of the land.

There are three whole books of the OT about that effort.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Scripture is pretty darned clear that the Jews supplanted the original inhabitants of the land.
Assuming it's historically accurate, it's also quite clear that the replacement was far from complete. In any case, Abraham didn't come from far away, genetically speaking.

Upvote 0