• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Blue Cafe, come in and talk

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Matthew:
I am doing pretty good actually. I got rid of that long spell of intermittent sickness, I think my CPAP breathing mask and tube just needed a good clean. I think I was reinfecting myself with whatever it was through the mask, so I gave it a good wash and no problems since. :)

It finally gets through my thick skull after all these years, that I can for the most part do nothing at all about the condition of the world. Heck, I don't even consider it my world, I am just passing through. ;) I can do a few things, and what I can do I will. If I could relieve the pain of the whole world, even if I were to remain in pain myself, I would do it. But I cannot, so I am trying to relieve the pain of the one person I can affect, which is myself. And it is working pretty well.

I just reached a point in life where I said to myself, it is time to stop doing whatever this is, because it isn't working out very well for me. ;P

I am finding myself in my heart and affections a Christian, but in practical matters more like a buddhist in the most original and basic and down-to-earth sense of the word. The four noble truths: life is suffering, it has a cause, it has a cure (for the most part), this is what it is. To me there is no conflict, because this sort of buddhism is not really a religion, it is a prescription for a disease. A disease we all suffer, suffering itself.

Peace :)
Seems like I'm finally getting over the long cold I had. I got it twice in a row with about only a day or two in between. Glad it's finally over. It's going around at work too, so I hope I don't catch it again. I doubt I will because I've probably built up immunity to it by now.

Yah, I think I can understand at least some of what you are talking about there regarding life and all it's troubles and suffering. I"ve sure suffered enough already. That's for sure! Not sure about the Buddhist part though. I am 100% Christian and that's all I need. I see the bible has all the "philosophy" from God's viewpoint that I need, but it seems that some other religions or philosophies border on similarity to it. Still though the bible has way more than what anyone can ever completely exhaust in it's wisdom, so I don't feel the need to dabble with anything else. I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, Robert. I'm just offering my own beliefs is all... for what that's worth to anyone else. :)

Reactions: sk8Joyful
Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am 100% Christian and that's all I need. The bible has way more than what anyone can ever completely exhaust in it's wisdom
I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, Robert. I'm just offering my own beliefs is all... for what that's worth to anyone else. :)
Hi Matthew :wave:
You said this really Well :thumbsup:
btw,
I don't stop in here, (o/o depression, I ain't got time for that); but
just to comment sometimes,
mainly to Encourage :thumbsup: you :) all And this post you wrote Matthew, was good :clap: ...PRAISE God!

Upvote 0

power2theweak

Senior Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
✟12,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Happy Birthday, Zoe!!! I'm so thankful for you!

245135-albums3362-29845.jpg

You are gorgeous, honey!!!

Upvote 0

plumsink

Friend
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas
Visit site
✟10,777.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't have a problem with taking anything useful from anywhere I can get it. :) A scientist doesn't have to be Christian in order to invent a useful medicine. That is exactly what this is, IMHO, medicine for a painful mind. Not a religion.

Both Christianity and Buddhism as it was originally, teach detachment from the World. Both are teaching, in the words of John, "Do not love the World or anything in the World." As the brother of Jesus said in James 1:27:

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

And it is this very thing that so many Christians in truth have a problem doing. Worldly Christianity is absolutely rampant, but not just Christianity. In fact, the vast majority of not only churches, but temples, synagogues and whatever else. are all worldly-oriented because the vast majority of people are addicted to this world and don't want to be any other way. The vast majority of people DO love the world and its desires and lusts and attachments and sins.

So yes, I will take help on that wherever it can be found. :)

Peace

Upvote 0

hope_is_last_to_die

what, where, who, when, whatever????
Dec 15, 2009
Emerald Isle!
✟13,767.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Hope! :wave:

Well, so far maintaining the same, but hoping for better soon. :prayer:
I pray God will give you better health :prayer:

*huff, puff, pant, & wheeze*... Ahh, I'm all tired out. Gotta sit down and relax for a minute to catch me breath here. ^_^ :p

yes please sit down and have one of those lovely blueberry muffins and a nice cuppa! :yum: ^_^ :)

Looks like the kitties had some milk, but P2W will have to make sure they get more later on. Specially that one who ate the cookie will be needing some milk soon. LOL!! ^_^
has Miss Power joined the staff in Bliue Cafe ;) the kitties certainly liven things up a bit, gettin into boxes :D

miaow miaow!! where's my milk!! :sorry:

Upvote 0

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Happy Birthday, Zoe!!! I'm so thankful for you!
Happy Birthday Zoe! I would sing the birthday song to you, but it'd prolly scare you away and we don't want that. P2W would be upset with me, and we don't want that either. So I'll just hush and whisper a soft spoken... "Happy birthday wish for many more to you". Assuming that Zoe is "The Diva Kitty"... Did the Diva Kitty get any presents?

You are gorgeous, honey!!!
Why thank you so much P2W!! :blush: Wow!!! I never expected to get such a nice compliment! You are much too kind! Oh.. wait... Were you talking to me??? :doh::swoon: :sorry:
Honestly though... Yes, Zoe is a beautiful cat. I wish I had one too. Some day I will. I like how Zoe is just lounging in that chair. Too cute!! :)

I don't have a problem with taking anything useful from anywhere I can get it. :) A scientist doesn't have to be Christian in order to invent a useful medicine. That is exactly what this is, IMHO, medicine for a painful mind. Not a religion.
I get what you're saying, but yet I still disagree. That's okay though. No two people ever agree 100%. If they did, then one of them isn't necessary. :D

And it is this very thing that so many Christians in truth have a problem doing. Worldly Christianity is absolutely rampant, but not just Christianity. In fact, the vast majority of not only churches, but temples, synagogues and whatever else. are all worldly-oriented because the vast majority of people are addicted to this world and don't want to be any other way. The vast majority of people DO love the world and its desires and lusts and attachments and sins.
Now here I completely agree. I see this happening also, and way too often... and it seems to be getting worse as time goes on. I believe the bible indicates this type of thing will occur just before Christ's return. Can't remember exact chapter and verse, but think it might be in Revelation ch.3. I'd have to look it up again to be sure.

I pray God will give you better health :prayer:
Thank you! I need and appreciate that. :thumbsup:

yes please sit down and have one of those lovely blueberry muffins and a nice cuppa! :yum: ^_^ :)
has Miss Power joined the staff in Bliue Cafe ;) the kitties certainly liven things up a bit, gettin into boxes :D
miaow miaow!! where's my milk!! :sorry:
Just had my cup o' tea and relaxin'. :)
Well, it's a free-for-all here in the Blue Cafe, so Miss Power is certainly welcome to raid the refrigerator and get some milk for the kitties. No one would deprive her or the kitties of that. ;)

Upvote 0

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Happy Saturday to everyone!!!
:hug:s

Happy Sabbath Day to you! :)

Finished a cold cup of tea this morning. It was hot, but got cold on me because I was involved with writing a PM and so engrossed in my writing that I forgot to drink the tea fast enough. :D :doh: Silly me! ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey! I just noticed that Criada is a "Super Mod" now. Did this just happen recently or am I a little slow at noticing it??

Well anyway... Congrats Criada!!! :clap:
I always did think you were a super mod. :thumbsup:

Help me out here....
What's the difference between a "Mod" and a "Super Mod"??
I duzn't know. :doh: :blush: :sorry:

Upvote 0

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Robert... I hope this is okay for me to share this here. If not, then I apologize. I just think everyone here should know so we can all pray for you. Maybe everyone else here already knows this?? Well anyway....

plumsink said:
Hi Matthew:

It was a tough weekend as always, and today I learned that I lost my job. But I am okay with it, who knows it might save my life, but it throws my financial future in some doubt.

Peace bro!
:groupray:
I am praying for you. :prayer:
Maybe this is God's way of getting you out of a job that he knows is not right for you, and will supply a better one soon. I guess that sometimes He closes doors to some things and then opens up another door for us to walk into His blessings. I pray this is the case with your job situation. I know He will take care of you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

plumsink

Friend
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas
Visit site
✟10,777.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hi Brother,

Yes it is definitely okay, I posted about it myself. :) I am probably less upset and less emotional about losing that job than I am about losing any job in recent memory. I have just been through so much there that I am happy to get relief any way I can get it, even by being unemployed. ;)

That is despite the fact that it was one of the few jobs I have had where I felt I was doing something worthwhile, but there is only so much I can do, and Lindy doesn't exactly help herself much. There comes a time to let go, give the problem up to God. I can't cure her of schizophrenia, and I probably couldn't have helped her much more at this point. I don't think she was very open to being helped.

Next week I gotta start thinking about what I am doing for income, but for now I am happy to know I don't have to go back to work there, because it was very hard on me.

Thanks for your prayers bro! :)

Robert... I hope this is okay for me to share this here. If not, then I apologize. I just think everyone here should know so we can all pray for you. Maybe everyone else here already knows this?? Well anyway....

:groupray:
I am praying for you. :prayer:
Maybe this is God's way of getting you out of a job that he knows is not right for you, and will supply a better one soon. I guess that sometimes He closes doors to some things and then opens up another door for us to walk into His blessings. I pray this is the case with your job situation. I know He will take care of you.

Upvote 0