• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Blue Cafe, come in and talk

hope_is_last_to_die

what, where, who, when, whatever????
Dec 15, 2009
Emerald Isle!
✟13,767.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will pick the sushi over the twinkies tho. :)

Nigirizushi1.jpg
gonna be no twinkies in heaven, I hope :D

Upvote 0

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
gonna be no twinkies in heaven, I hope :D

The bible does say this about Twinkies in Heaven....

Matthew 15:17-19 NKJV
17 Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated? 18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.

So, my conclusion is that there will be Twinkies in Heaven, but there will be nothing in them that defiles. :yum: :p :thumbsup:

Do ya think I may have taken that scripture out of context just a bit?? :doh::swoon: :sorry:

But... Watch out for this verse though...

Proverbs 23:2
And put a knife to your throat If you are a man given to appetite.

:eek: :doh: :confused: :sorry:

Upvote 0

power2theweak

Senior Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
✟12,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible does say this about Twinkies in Heaven....

Matthew 15:17-19 NKJV
17 Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated? 18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.

So, my conclusion is that there will be Twinkies in Heaven, but there will be nothing in them that defiles. :yum: :p :thumbsup:

Do ya think I may have taken that scripture out of context just a bit?? :doh::swoon: :sorry:

But... Watch out for this verse though...

Proverbs 23:2
And put a knife to your throat If you are a man given to appetite.

:eek: :doh: :confused: :sorry:

LOL

Reactions: Matthew-59
Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's fine.
You can pick the sushi as long as you cook it first. :thumbsup: :p
But cooking it, won't get rid of the MERCURY ^_^ in Zushi.
Sigh, for some people, that's the whole :sorry: point of eating it.
um, I have a question about the little oblong thingies, that
sorta look like, forgive me: 'freshly skinned :doh: Lab-mice' in those 2 earlier trays.
WHAT are they?? pray tell - if it's anything like that ^_^ I don't want the answer.

LOL

Upvote 0

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings fellow Blue Cafe patrons! :wave:

Robert... Are you still here? Just thought you could use a cup o' coffee and a sit-down chat. How's things goin' for ya? Is the "struggle" getting easier and less frequent?

Power... Not sure I can use your real name here, so won't until given the affirmation. How about you... in need of a cup o' coffee and a chat? How's that cat of yours doing? Hmmm... I seems to be forgettin' it's name right at the moment. I want to say.. Zoe?? Is that anywhere close?

Still waitin' on Criada to make some more muffins. No coffee for you until those muffins show up. ^_^ LOL!! Just kidding! Fresh made coffee for you too. ;)

hope_is_last_to_die... Not sure what to call you with a shorter name. How about just "Hope"?? Is that what most call you here? I dont' get around much so don't know. I s'pose I could call you "Hiltd" too, but would you know I was talking to you? LOL!! :D :blush: :doh: :sorry:

peacechild4... What do most call you on here? It's nice to see the positive attitude and love for God you have. I'll offer you a cup o' coffee too, if you'd like?

Well, to all, I say... Go with God and He will go with you. God's peace and love to each and every one of you. :prayer:

Upvote 0

power2theweak

Senior Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
✟12,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Little Zoe is having a fun time because she has a cardboard box to play in. It's the box my table and chairs came in, and I haven't taken it out to the dumpster yet.

Cats always love cheap things like that the best...cardboard boxes, paper grocery bags, the rings off the milk jugs...

Makes me wonder why I ever buy cat toys!

I'm doing OK. Was having a pretty good day--taught dance and drama!--until I started working on my resume (job fair on Saturday). Thinking about this job search gets me down...really, really down.

Coffee is OK, if it's decaf...but it usually doesn't cheer me up. Chocolate does...but I try not to buy it any more.

Just using "Power" is probably best for the board. Or you can call me "Weak." ;) That name is more fitting, anyway!

Big hugs and lots of love to you, Matthew. Be well, my friend.

Upvote 0

plumsink

Friend
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas
Visit site
✟10,777.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hi Matthew:

I am doing pretty good actually. I got rid of that long spell of intermittent sickness, I think my CPAP breathing mask and tube just needed a good clean. I think I was reinfecting myself with whatever it was through the mask, so I gave it a good wash and no problems since. :)

It finally gets through my thick skull after all these years, that I can for the most part do nothing at all about the condition of the world. Heck, I don't even consider it my world, I am just passing through. ;) I can do a few things, and what I can do I will. If I could relieve the pain of the whole world, even if I were to remain in pain myself, I would do it. But I cannot, so I am trying to relieve the pain of the one person I can affect, which is myself. And it is working pretty well.

I just reached a point in life where I said to myself, it is time to stop doing whatever this is, because it isn't working out very well for me. ;P

I am finding myself in my heart and affections a Christian, but in practical matters more like a buddhist in the most original and basic and down-to-earth sense of the word. The four noble truths: life is suffering, it has a cause, it has a cure (for the most part), this is what it is. To me there is no conflict, because this sort of buddhism is not really a religion, it is a prescription for a disease. A disease we all suffer, suffering itself.

Now, about that sushi. Sk8Joyful, there are no lab rats involved, only very fresh fish and rice. :) Yes, there is the potential for mercury, but so is there in canned tuna, or any other seafood you eat, practically speaking. As long as you don't eat sushi every day, there is no problem. :)

Peace :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hope_is_last_to_die

what, where, who, when, whatever????
Dec 15, 2009
Emerald Isle!
✟13,767.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings fellow Blue Cafe patrons! :wave:

hope_is_last_to_die... Not sure what to call you with a shorter name. How about just "Hope"?? Is that what most call you here? I dont' get around much so don't know. I s'pose I could call you "Hiltd" too, but would you know I was talking to you? LOL!! :D :blush: :doh: :sorry:
:D call me Hope bro :cool:

Are you keeping ok?

I hope the work in the Blue Cafe, serving all the lovely muffins n coffee, isnt wearing you out!!

I see we have some cute kitty's here, have they got some milk ;)

Hope no-one brings a dog in here or we might have some cat n doggie probs :p

Upvote 0

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't like allergies during the spring. Ugh. I am glad that it is finally SPRING though! I can go outside and do things instead of staying inside trying to stay warm. I am ready to go to a park for a walk! I'm ready to do my workout again! Woohoo! :)
Hi Hamster! :wave:
Nice to see you here. God bless ya!! :amen:
Ooooooh!! The kitty pics are adorable!! I love cats and kittens. They are so cute! :)
:D call me Hope bro :cool:
Hi Hope! :wave:

Are you keeping ok?
Well, so far maintaining the same, but hoping for better soon. :prayer:

I hope the work in the Blue Cafe, serving all the lovely muffins n coffee, isnt wearing you out!!
*huff, puff, pant, & wheeze*... Ahh, I'm all tired out. Gotta sit down and relax for a minute to catch me breath here. ^_^ :p

I see we have some cute kitty's here, have they got some milk ;)

Hope no-one brings a dog in here or we might have some cat n doggie probs :p
Looks like the kitties had some milk, but P2W will have to make sure they get more later on. Specially that one who ate the cookie will be needing some milk soon. LOL!! ^_^

Upvote 0