• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Blue Cafe, come in and talk

cflittlestar

Jun 16, 2007
✟8,373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is the Blue Cafe.

It's like a little chat place for people in this forum.

It's a cafe that you hang out with people here, and talk.
images

Maybe I will start with a topic:

Allergy, it's spring time now, who has allergy?

Spring is beautiful, are you seeing it in tearful eyes and sniffy nose?

I have allergy to pollen, dust...etc, mostly I tried avoid taking allergy meds, except going to parks etc.

plumsink

Friend
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas
Visit site
✟10,777.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yup my nose has been running like a racehorse because of the allergies. Love the weather lately though. :)

I have a weird thing going on with food lately. As in, not eating it. I ate a bowl of oatmeal and a couple biscuits today and that is all. Sometimes I eat less than that. Sometimes cooking is fatiguing to me and I am not eager to do it. I guess also with the heart disease it is easy for me to make the connection of overeat=death.

It is ironic, since I am a pretty good cook. I just don't want to put forth the energy to do it.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have allergies all year round, mainly to dust, but it does get worse in the spring.

Robert, you need to eat! If you can't find the energy to cook, please find some easy, healthy foods... salad stuff, bread, cold meat, whatever. But try to keep your energy levels up. :hug:

Upvote 0

rachel22

Apr 29, 2008
✟8,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i haven't had much allergies lately but when i am babysitting my neighbor's cat, my nose starts to itch and my eyes feel a burning feeling. i am worried that i'm allergic to cats :confused: which would really be bad because i love cats. i wonder if there is some kind of treatment i could get for that :idea: but for now i have more serious health problems going on.

i have troubles with food too because pretty much whatever i eat eventually makes my stomach sick. but i go ahead and eat anyway of course, i guess i'd rather be sick than hungry. plum and joanna make sure you are eating enough :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Speaking of allergies, does this cafe serve nettles tea. I'm not sure if I currently have allergies, but nettles is a great herb for that so I've started drinking the tea again, just in case. It also has a lot of iron and calcium, so I think it's helping me get my energy back. I hope all of you with allergies find some solutions, so you can get out and really enjoy spring. I plan to. How's the weather where you all are? I'm in the Northeast, and miraculously we hovered close to sixty degrees today. A miracle all but a few skiers are loving. I'm having a challenge having compassion for the folks who like it cold. And I've already started lettuce seeds in my window--and they sprouted in two days!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cflittlestar

Jun 16, 2007
✟8,373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Plumsink, how about some simple food, like fruits?

Krissy_Cakes, ... sorry about what happen to you, excuse me for I am not sure what to say.....I hope you feel better soon (i am not an interesting person :( )

miss-a, :) Way to Go that you get out to the garden to get to work done, what an motivation you have. I wish my motivation and energy level can be like the change of season....It's sunny, but cold here.

I had allergy to dust and fur, so yeah, all year round allergy. And pollen too. I wish I don't have allergy to fur, coz then I can have a dog / cat. Sometimes, different every year, my allergy cause headache and eye ache (feel kinda like someone punch you in the eye @_0 ) I guess that's sinus? I dunno.

I had my blood test Monday, have not heard of it yet, hope all is fine. It's about my thyroid. I had hyper thyroid before, and my weight drop...even lighter than a golden retriever.

I made this cafe, for something that it's not necessary able to start as a thread here. Also, a place that our friends, often or not visitor of this sub forum, to talk, to social, chit chat about anything.

Upvote 0

plumsink

Friend
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas
Visit site
✟10,777.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The cafe serves whatever you like, as long as you don't mind imaginary tea parties. ;) I might have a masala chai myself.

The weather here (North Texas) is lovely. :)

Speaking of allergies, does this cafe serve nettles tea. I'm not sure if I currently have allergies, but nettles is a great herb for that so I've started drinking the tea again, just in case. It also has a lot of iron and calcium, so I think it's helping me get my energy back. I hope all of you with allergies find some solutions, so you can get out and really enjoy spring. I plan to. How's the weather where you all are? I'm in the Northeast, and miraculously we hovered close to sixty degrees today. A miracle all but a few skiers are loving. I'm having a challenge having compassion for the folks who like it cold. And I've already started lettuce seeds in my window--and they sprouted in two days!

Upvote 0

cflittlestar

Jun 16, 2007
✟8,373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hehe, that's right. It serves all sorts of coffee, and not only coffee, but tea.
Actually, I personally don't drink coffee, LOL (then why you open a cafe), haha, at the beginning when i am starting this thread, i was thinking about whether to name is 'tea house' or 'cafe'.
I like ice cappuccino thou.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

plumsink

Friend
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas
Visit site
✟10,777.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am sooooooooo tired right now, I want to just turn on my breathing machine (CPAP) and curl up and go to sleep. But if I go to bed so early, my sleep schedule will be messed up. Guess I will watch some videos to kill an hour or so and then pass out. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rachel22

Apr 29, 2008
✟8,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hehe, that's right. It serves all sorts of coffee, and not only coffee, but tea.
Actually, I personally don't drink coffee, LOL (then why you open a cafe), haha, at the beginning when i am starting this thread, i was thinking about whether to name is 'tea house' or 'cafe'.
I like ice cappuccino thou.

but does it serve hot chocolate???? i dont like coffee or tea :thumbsup: but i do like kool aid :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
quoted post removed

I am so sorry, sweetie... that seems very unfair. You are NOT stupid, you are a sweet, compassionate person who helps others a great deal.
Please look after yourself, dear one, you are very precious to God and to us :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry, sweetie... that seems very unfair. You are NOT stupid, you are a sweet, compassionate person who helps others a great deal.
Please look after yourself, dear one, you are very precious to God and to us :hug:

If I Wasn't stupid then why did this happen to me? :cry: Please tell me.

Upvote 0