• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  5. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  6. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  7. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Blue Cafe, come in and talk

Discussion in 'Depression Disorders' started by cflittlestar, Mar 17, 2010.

1. power2theweak

power2theweak Senior Veteran

+1,524
    Christian
    Married
    Happy Friday, everyone!!! :)

2. Lily76_

Lily76_ PRO-LIFE ( meaning all life ) Supporter

+2,361
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Morning everyone

3. plumsink

plumsink Friend

+140
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Good evening folks! :)

4. power2theweak

+1,524
    Christian
    Married
    Good evening! What are ya up to tonight? :)

5. s1mp13m4n

s1mp13m4n Newbie

+39
    Comoros
    Non-Denom
    Private
    UK-Independence-Party
    Happy Friday night....pizza on me.

6. power2theweak

+1,524
    Christian
    Married
    Yay!!! Count me in!!! :thumbsup:

7. s1mp13m4n

s1mp13m4n Newbie

+39
    Comoros
    Non-Denom
    Private
    UK-Independence-Party
    Thank you all for the help and prayers. Sometimes I can just feel down and I just can not put my finger on it. We have God, prayer, my meds, therapy, and this forum.....life is good. :)

8. power2theweak

+1,524
    Christian
    Married
    (((hugs)))

9. Matthew-59

Matthew-59 Space Invader Supporter

+7,689
    Christian
    Single
    Did somebody mention pizza?? :yum:

I could smell it from three forums away,
    and just knew it had to be coming from the Blue Cafe. ^_^

(Sorry for the cheap rhyme. :sorry: )

Miss Power, I knew you'd be in for some pizza. I'm in too!! ;)
    What kind we got?
    Is this a vegetarian pizza with sausage and pepperoni on it?? :clap:

10. s1mp13m4n

s1mp13m4n Newbie

+39
    Comoros
    Non-Denom
    Private
    UK-Independence-Party
    Thank you very much for the hugs. :) It does make me feel better. We have home made pizza here. Supreme, meat, and Cheese. We also have Cheerwine (soda) to go with it. Also all the Alkaseltzer you can handle.

11. Matthew-59

+7,689
    Christian
    Single
    LOL!!! [​IMG]
    Yah, I may need some Alka-Seltzer. Got Malox too?? ^_^

:wave: How about some pizza to cheer you up? We're here to serve. :hug:

:wave: Hi Robert. Did you get some pizza too? What's your favorite? Sushi pizza?? LOL!! ^_^

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  12. s1mp13m4n

s1mp13m4n Newbie

+39
    Comoros
    Non-Denom
    Private
    UK-Independence-Party
    I talked to my wife about being down and she understands and is there. I pulled out a book on prayer....it contains prayers to pray. There was one in there on depression so I prayed that prayer. It seems to help when you are not sure what to pray. :) I have Pepto, does that help? :)

Here is a prayer for us all, it is not mine as I am not sure how to pray right now, so maybe we can all get better through prayer:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Dear Jesus, I walk in the valley of darkness for I suffer trom depression. I feel unloved. rejectedd, useless to myself and useless to others. I feel lost in a world I no longer understand. At times, I want to sleep and never wake up again. Lord, I believe that Your love is a transforming love. Jesus, Son of Duvid have pity on me. Out of the depths, I cry to you. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Lord, even though 1 feel nothing, I still praise you for the wonder of my being. You have formed me in my mother's womb and watched over me to this moment. I am precious in Your eyes and You love me. On the Cross, you shed your blood for me. You have carved me in the palm of Your hand. For all this I give you thanks and praise. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]May your Precious Blood give new life to me and to all those who suffer as I do. Take each one of us and hug us to your sacred and loving heart. Through your glorious wounds may we be healed.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Dear Jesus, when you fed Ihe crowd in the desert, you wished to gather up the fragments, lest anything be lost. As I wander through a desert and darkness of my own, I ask you to gather up the fragments of this shattered being, lest anything be lost. Through the prophet, Joel, You promised to restore the years that the locusts have eaten. I ask you, lay Your hands gently on my weary head and restore me. Let your face shine upon me and give me back the peace and the joy that has been lost.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Amen

Also here is a song that might help, it is on the WOW 2011 CD and I liked it when I heard it. This is a good one if you have a little junk in your trunk (subwoofers). Search for Tunnel remix Third Day on Youtube....I can not post links yet.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  13. power2theweak

+1,524
    Christian
    Married
    You are so welcome! Here...have another! :hug: Wishing you well...

14. Criada

Criada Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,794
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Hi folks.
    :hug:s and prayers to all who need them.
    Sorry I haven't been around much... haven't had many words recently.

15. hope_is_last_to_die

hope_is_last_to_die what, where, who, when, whatever????

+768
    Christian
    Single
    Yay pizza!!! :clap: can I have a thin crust tuna and black olives pizza slice, pleezzzeeee! :yum:

havent seen the kitties around lately, did we run out of milk for them :sorry:

16. Matthew-59

+7,689
    Christian
    Single
    Awesome prayer! :prayer: Thanks for posting it. :thumbsup:
    Hey! Where's my hug? Can I have one too?? :)
    Hi Criada! Nice to see you here. Thanks for the hugs and prayers. :hug: :prayer:
    We were talking about you earlier on this thread. Did'ja see it??
    Tuna pizza?? Isn't that against the law or something? LOL!! ^_^
    Meow. :satisfied:

17. s1mp13m4n

s1mp13m4n Newbie

+39
    Comoros
    Non-Denom
    Private
    UK-Independence-Party
    You are welcome about the prayer. ((hugs))

18. bellantara

bellantara Senior Veteran

+121
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Republican
    Ooh, pizza and Cheerwine! I haven't had Cheerwine in ages! :yum: Deep dish pizza with everything, please? (Hold the jalapenos and anchovies)

I'm better than I was the other night, but still down. I pulled up stakes and moved to Boston from Alabama in August, on the assurance that legal jobs were going begging here. Fast forward to March, the only job I've been able to get is part-time merchandising at Macy's, and my friend told me Thurs. night that she wants me off her couch by May 1 (Happy Birthday to me!).

I have two interviews the first of next week, and I'm praying that one of them will come through. If all else fails, my father will come to Boston and take me back to Alabama to stay with him.

I'm just discouraged, disappointed, and generally at the end of my rope at this point.

19. s1mp13m4n

s1mp13m4n Newbie

+39
    Comoros
    Non-Denom
    Private
    UK-Independence-Party
    Wow, I understand that one. I am in my mid 30s, married, and have a two year old daughter. I am legally blind and live at home with mom and a poor excuse for a step father. I have no job and can not really get one because of my eyes. My wife is in nursing school trying to make a future for us. My step dad has threatened to throw us out several times....and I think it is all talk.....but he is a jerk nun the less. I should not talk that way after all I am saved and should be a forgiving person, but that is hard to do. So I sit at home and get SSI, I am nearing mid life and I have nothing to show for it. We will all keep praying and reading the Bible. We have each other as well. I am not trying to complain, it is what it is but thought I needed to share that as it is bothering me. The pizza is hot and fresh so come on in and have a slice or three.