Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Source? You want the source? You can't handle the source!

giphy.gif

Upvote 0

Yoder777

Senior Veteran
Nov 11, 2010
✟22,581.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since no one in the Obama administration is advocating this, who are you arguing against?

The European leaders who already dropped the ball in allowing open immigration of Syrian refugees into their countries.

Similarly, Obama and Clinton dropped the ball in not recognizing Islamic extremism for what it is, by not calling the recent attack an act of Islamic extremism, and by not taking ISIS seriously when they had the chance.

If Hillary is going to beat Trump, she has to present herself as tougher and more realistic about Islamic extremism than he is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
TLK Valentine said:

Germany: 'No Limit' To Refugees We'll Take In

"Chancellor Angela Merkel has said there is no legal limit to the number of asylum seekers Germany will take in, with at least 800,000 expected this year alone."

This isn't any big secret, folks. This statement was widely reported in the press. That I even have to cite it indicates that some people here either aren't paying attention or have a short memory.

Reactions: nightflight
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Germany: 'No Limit' To Refugees We'll Take In

"Chancellor Angela Merkel has said there is no legal limit to the number of asylum seekers Germany will take in, with at least 800,000 expected this year alone."

This isn't any big secret, folks. This statement was widely reported in the press. That I even have to cite it indicates that some people here either aren't paying attention or have a short memory.
No limit to refugees. That's not what you said.

Edit; what she actually said, without Fox's "helpful" paraphrasing;
"The right to political asylum has no limits on the number of asylum seekers."

"As a strong, economically healthy country we have the strength to do what is necessary" and ensure every asylum seeker gets a fair hearing"

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The European leaders who already dropped the ball in allowing open immigration of Syrian refugees into their countries.

Similarly, Obama and Clinton dropped the ball in not recognizing Islamic extremism for what it is, by not calling the recent attack an act of Islamic extremism, and by not taking ISIS seriously when they had the chance.

If Hillary is going to beat Trump, she has to present herself as tougher and more realistic about Islamic extremism than he is.
Don't you guys ever get tired of vilifying a whole religion of a billion people for the actions of a tiny few extremists?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Obama has overseen the killing of more "terrorists" than the rest of the world combined. How many extra extremists would fall over dead if they were called something else?

Yes, the US was slow to catch on to the ISIS threat. It should be noted the US and the West have been behind the curve on threats from the Middle East, Asia and Africa since the end of the Cold War, if not longer.

It would seem Trump will defeat himself. Clinton is unlikely to benefit by trying to out-stupid Trump.

I really detest the notion of having to vote for Clinton in order to defeat that overblown ignorant fool that somehow won the GOP nod. However, I also hate prostate exams, but I have to have them to cancer at an early stage. So, there you have it. Donald Trump has been described as something similar to prostate cancer.

Upvote 0

Yoder777

Senior Veteran
Nov 11, 2010
✟22,581.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would seem Trump will defeat himself. Clinton is unlikely to benefit by trying to out-stupid Trump.

I've shared the views of Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris in this thread, explaining specifically why Clinton needs to be more clear in her positions.

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Don't you guys ever get tired of vilifying a whole religion of a billion people for the actions of a tiny few extremists?
The problem is not just the actions of a "tiny few extremists". It's the attitudes and ideas that huge numbers of these people bring with them into Western nations that are wholly incompatible with those nations. That and the fairly large spikes in crime that accompany them when the immigrate.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
No limit to refugees. That's not what you said.

Edit; what she actually said, without Fox's "helpful" paraphrasing;

Whether she intended it to be understood to mean "come one, come all", the resulting population influx shows that that's how it was taken, and the German government has shown precious little resolve in turning them away.

It isn't about the actions of "a tiny few extremists". It isn't even primarily about terrorism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Whether she intended it to be understood to mean "come one, come all", the resulting population influx shows that that's how it was taken, and the German government has shown precious little resolve in turning them away.
Why should they turn them away if they don't need or want to?
It isn't about the actions of "a tiny few extremists". It isn't even primarily about terrorism.
Ha. Yes, I am aware of that. But one must pay lip service to the dog whistle and pretend this is all about rational concerns, mustn't one?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The problem is not just the actions of a "tiny few extremists". It's the attitudes and ideas that huge numbers of these people bring with them into Western nations that are wholly incompatible with those nations. That and the fairly large spikes in crime that accompany them when the immigrate.
Where have I heard that before...

6a00e0097e4e68883301a73e04fa28970d-pi
WorldSpider01.gif
never_relax.jpg
20160211_Ellis_Island_cartoon_article_main_image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've shared the views of Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris in this thread, explaining specifically why Clinton needs to be more clear in her positions.
And those are opinions from two people, neither of which I hold in high regard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yoder777

Senior Veteran
Nov 11, 2010
✟22,581.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And those are opinions from two people, neither of which I hold in high regard.

Please tell me specifically how you disagree with them. I hope it's not because they are atheists.

What’s more concerning is that I’ve come across several liberals in the last few weeks who don’t like Trump, but support him because they feel the Democrats are in denial about Islamic terrorism, refusing to even name it. Sadly, this is true, and the Democratic leadership is largely to blame. The ex-radical Muslim reformer Maajid Nawaz calls “The Voldemort Effect”: failing to name the problem makes it harder to fight it, and worse — this is key — fails to differentiate peaceful American moderate Muslims from radical jihadists. This is dangerous. If liberals had taken on this problem honestly and channeled the anxiety of the post-Paris/San Bernardino public from a position of moral strength, Trump would’ve been less able to jump in and channel it from a position of xenophobic bigotry.
https://richarddawkins.net/2015/12/the-real-reason-donald-trump-will-win-the-republican-nomination/

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Ha. Yes, I am aware of that. But one must pay lip service to the dog whistle and pretend this is all about rational concerns, mustn't one?

There are other rational concerns besides terrorism. Yoder just mentioned one in his last problem.

If you know your history, you'll remember that both the United States, Canada and Australia all had to pass laws dealing with that issue.

Even so benighted a country as New Zealand wasn't so clueless as to ignore the issue entirely. :D

Upvote 0

Yoder777

Senior Veteran
Nov 11, 2010
✟22,581.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can someone please disprove the idea that the Syrian refugee crisis has caused an increase in rape and sexual assault across Europe?

I'd really appreciate if someone disproved this, since it is so scary to think about.

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

(images snipped)
Yeah, never mind huge numbers of Muslims around the world that have no problem criminalizing and punishing homosexuality, that think the death penalty for apostasy from Islam is acceptable, that support implementing Islamic law on a national scale, that have pretty backwards views on the place of women, and so on. Never mind that those are the people immigrating to Europe in large numbers. Never mind the big increase in sexual assault that Europe is dealing with now. Just ignore everything and call me a racist instead.

Troll harder.

Reactions: nightflight
Upvote 0