England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I continue to be blessed and highly favored.
But am experiencing the winds of change.
Interesting to see where all this is going.
What appears to be the fulfillment of a prophecy from years ago.
These things take time. And the Lord sustains us in between.

I was offered a job by a pervious employer. (glad I don't burn bridges)
Which meant leaving a job I was in. (to which I am welcome to return)
But now find out that the company has just been sold. (after being back two weeks)
This was not anticipated. I got an apology and a nice raise. (retroactive)
Two weeks left under this employer. The new owner may want to hire me.
Is this what God intended in bringing me back? (He knew this would happen)
Hard to say what will become of all this. The winds of change.
We declare the favor of God upon you Steven and your family. We declare the favor of God on your working life and ministry for the Lord. God bless you!

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a couple of seemingly minor things happen this week.
But I wonder if I am overlooking some. ???

I need to watch more closely for them. But here's a couple from the last few days.

I was trying to buy a sandwich with my pocket change and came up short, when the gal behind the counter offered to make up the difference. She said, "People don't always take their change." And used a quarter to help me make up the difference. Then today I was looking for a specific brand of chips (crisps) and couldn't find them. Even after looking up and down both sides of the aisle. I was just about to give up when I saw a bag turned backwards on the shelf. I recognized the ink color as what I was looking for. Sure enough, when I turned the bag around, there they were. Wow!

Makes you wonder. PTL

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I continue to be blessed and highly favored.
But am experiencing the winds of change.
Interesting to see where all this is going.
What appears to be the fulfillment of a prophecy from years ago.
These things take time. And the Lord sustains us in between.

I was offered a job by a pervious employer. (glad I don't burn bridges)
Which meant leaving a job I was in. (to which I am welcome to return)
But now find out that the company has just been sold. (after being back two weeks)
This was not anticipated. I got an apology and a nice raise. (retroactive)
Two weeks left under this employer. The new owner may want to hire me.
Is this what God intended in bringing me back? (He knew this would happen)
Hard to say what will become of all this. The winds of change.
Here's an update on my situation. (praise report)

After a month of FT work in March I found myself back to a 1.5 days a week job. Which I was glad I didn't quit when I took the other job. So I needed to find another job and was very close to taking a second job when a single FT opportunity showed up. I went for an interview and was hired the same day. So all this led me into a great FT job. This is so great! Really enjoying the new job. It is difficult, but that is good. They need someone that can do it.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Here's an update on my situation. (praise report)

After a month of FT work in March I found myself back to a 1.5 days a week job. Which I was glad I didn't quit when I took the other job. So I needed to find another job and was very close to taking a second job when a single FT opportunity showed up. I went for an interview and was hired the same day. So all this led me into a great FT job. This is so great! Really enjoying the new job. It is difficult, but that is good. They need someone that can do it.
God is so good. So glad He has blessed you 'Steven'.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I had a minor revelation this week.

I have oftentimes heard Christians declare that they are "Blessed and highly favored."
Although it seems to usually be a hopeful statement that doesn't reflect their current situation. Essentially believing for something better to come. Which is fine.

While at work this week I realized that I was experiencing this level of grace without acknowledging it. So, I spoke it right out loud, and then texted my wife to inform her of my minor revelation. She responded with a hearty AMEN!

Maybe you are experiencing the same thing?
I want to encourage us to acknowledge when we see evidence that we are "Blessed and highly favored.", and to speak it over the challenges we face.

This is delightful. Thank you for sharing it. I must remember this. It's confirmation of the reality of our position with our God. How can we NOT be blessed and highly favored, when He has poured out such good things onto us, even if we do not realize it or see it "yet".

Job comes to mind, when he declared in the midst of his inexplicable suffering and misery: Though He slay me yet will I trust Him.

We have REASON to trust our inexplicably GOOD God Who turns nights of weeping into mornings of joy, and Who has a SURE future and hope for us.

And amen about speaking of how blessed and highly favored we are in the face of obstacles and challenges.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is delightful. Thank you for sharing it. I must remember this. It's confirmation of the reality of our position with our God. How can we NOT be blessed and highly favored, when He has poured out such good things onto us, even if we do not realize it or see it "yet".

Job comes to mind, when he declared in the midst of his inexplicable suffering and misery: Though He slay me yet will I trust Him.

We have REASON to trust our inexplicably GOOD God Who turns nights of weeping into mornings of joy, and Who has a SURE future and hope for us.

And amen about speaking of how blessed and highly favored we are in the face of obstacles and challenges.

Thank you.
Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking this weekend about something I do without even realizing it.

I see so many people out in the marketplace scowling and complaining to get their way.
They seem to think they need to be gruff with everyone in order to get what they "deserve". And ironically they do. An attitude of entitlement does not beget the blessings of God.

I realized this weekend that I am smiling wherever I go. And I greet the shopkeepers and wish them a good day. I am always polite and try to be empathetic to their situation and brighten their day if I can. They will go the extra mile for a customer like that. My goal is to leave the presence of someone with a smile on their face. And it works almost every time.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for your reply.

I see so many people out in the marketplace scowling and complaining to get their way.
They seem to think they need to be gruff with everyone in order to get what they "deserve". And ironically they do. An attitude of entitlement does not beget the blessings of God.

I realized this weekend that I am smiling wherever I go. And I greet the shopkeepers and wish them a good day. I am always polite and try to be empathetic to their situation and brighten their day if I can. They will go the extra mile for a customer like that. My goal is to leave the presence of someone with a smile on their face. And it works almost every time.
Exactly, especially when the company they work for makes a mistake doesn’t give the customer the right to berate the employees.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, especially when the company they work for makes a mistake doesn’t give the customer the right to berate the employees.
Right.
When I see a customer do that, I will defend the employee.
I don't mind getting a little ugly with someone like that.
Let's call it righteous indignation. - lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for your reply.

You are a living and breathing blessing to all. it sounds like the joy of the Lord is just pouring out of you. Walking in grace this way, as you said, is soooo needed. Not only are those you come in contact with smiling, but surely this blesses and delights our heavenly Father as well.

A delightful post.

God bless you. :)

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We thank You for every favoured servant of our King of Glory!
Your post reminded me of something I saw when I visited England. A post envelope (mail) had an inscription motto that read something like, "In the Service of Her Majesty, the Queen".

It made me think that as believers we are all inscribed with, "In the Service of His Majesty, the King" -- We are always on kingdom business as representatives and ambassadors for Him.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Your post reminded me of something I saw when I visited England. A post envelope (mail) had an inscription motto that read something like, "In the Service of Her Majesty, the Queen".

It made me think that as believers we are all inscribed with, "In the Service of His Majesty, the King" -- We are always on kingdom business as representatives and ambassadors for Him.
Christ Ambassadors forever! Blessings!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.