✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So happy in Jesus.
I'm so happy, it's hard work to be serious. I have to wipe the smile off my face. - lol

Everywhere I go, I see people scowling. They have decided to be unhappy about everything. Sad when we have so much to be thankful for and happy about.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm so happy, it's hard work to be serious. I have to wipe the smile off my face. - lol

Everywhere I go, I see people scowling. They have decided to be unhappy about everything. Sad when we have so much to be thankful for and happy about.
Happy,happy,happy. Happy in the Lord. Praise God,I'm born again,trusting in His Word. I want you to know,how happy O am,for I am happy,happy,happy in the Lord - Chorus

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As it is written, there is a time to walk by faith and a time to witness proof, both by the working of His hands. And in case you are wondering, yes, I believe these can interact for His children as well.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As it is written, there is a time to walk by faith and a time to witness proof, both by the working of His hands. And in case you are wondering, yes, I believe these can interact for His children as well.
Yes, the interaction of those two is rather interesting.

The witnessed proof is the puzzle pieces we have to work with. The missing pieces are where faith comes in. And in fact, if we had all the puzzle pieces, faith would not be required. Which explains why we don't have all the puzzle pieces. (and never will)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

The witnessed proof is the puzzle pieces we have to work with. The missing pieces are where faith comes in. And in fact, if we had all the puzzle pieces, faith would not be required. Which explains why we don't have all the puzzle pieces. (and never will)
Wonderful how our great God puts all the pieces of the jigsaw together in His own time way! Bless us all in your grace and favour!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Wonderful how our great God puts all the pieces of the jigsaw together in His own time way! Bless us all in your grace and favour!
Oh – Steven, you, ‘quietbloke’, others, could continue to uncover the strength of the thread. A thread still others would just as soon leave for someone else due to being pinned down by personal apprehension. I would suggest to the reader without rattling off citations from the word; You have a whole lot more going for you with expectation than you do by uneasiness.

Let the word set the parameters and give apprehension to God’s capable care!! Hallelujah!

I’m sure I could stand to improve my own perspective on the matter, yet always staying on the happier-side of simplicity, herein I still rejoice!

We have the ancient record before us with which to embark with self-control,

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where
the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

(2 Corinthians 3:17)​

Now while it tends to ring true as you say, “, , we don’t have all the puzzle pieces” so as not being able to navigate by faith (blindly), I submit, just what level of glory did the Father have in mind for our potential in regards to this?

We recall after the Lord’s resurrection He was seen astounding the natural by “many infallible proofs” (Acts 1:3). So the area isn’t necessarily a bad one, it appears now we can effectively be guided by liberty and solid proof.

Still, not dismissing the reason you gave, I see Paul’s own realization while in search for the prize,

“I count not myself to have apprehended”

(Philippians 3:13)​

But this is my view of the Father’s pre-determined potential for us, it is a far more condensed limitation than reasonably and possibly formerly expected,

God has revealed them unto us by his Spirit:
for the Spirit searches all things,
yea, the deep things of God.

(1 Corinthians 2:10)​

Due to this and a few other select holy text, my conclusion is the raw forms of proof remain largely un-tapped and rich without the need of transgressing the Apostle’s traditions.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now while it tends to ring true as you say, “, , we don’t have all the puzzle pieces” so as not being able to navigate by faith (blindly), I submit, just what level of glory did the Father have in mind for our potential in regards to this?
Just to be clear, I said; "The missing pieces are where faith comes in."
God told Abraham to leave his home and go to a place he would show him.
Abraham obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.
He didn't have all the puzzle pieces. Nor do we.

Hebrews 11:8
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Just to be clear, I said; "The missing pieces are where faith comes in."
God told Abraham to leave his home and go to a place he would show him.
Abraham obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.
He didn't have all the puzzle pieces. Nor do we.

Hebrews 11:8
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.
What did I misplace? No, I don't think it short to include what is possible with God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What did I misplace? No, I don't think it short to include what is possible with God.
God can do anything. But there are certain things that he will not do.
He won't do anything that compromises his character, or his ultimate plan.

I used to be frustrated by our lack of having all the puzzle pieces.
We had a reasonable faith and I wanted to prove it. This led to frustration.
Until I figured out that the lack of puzzle pieces leaves room for faith.

In terms of faith, the only difference between an agnostic and a Christian is our conclusion.
We both have the same evidence available. Yet the agnostic concludes that we cannot know, and therefore cannot believe.
The Christian is presented with the same evidence (or lack thereof) and concludes that we can believe even though we do not have all the answers. (puzzle pieces)

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God can do anything. But there are certain things that he will not do.
He won't do anything that compromises his character, or his ultimate plan.

I used to be frustrated by our lack of having all the puzzle pieces.
We had a reasonable faith and I wanted to prove it. This led to frustration.
Until I figured out that the lack of puzzle pieces leaves room for faith.

In terms of faith, the only difference between an agnostic and a Christian is our conclusion.
We both have the same evidence available. Yet the agnostic concludes that we cannot know, and therefore cannot believe.
The Christian is presented with the same evidence (or lack thereof) and concludes that we can believe even though we do not have all the answers. (puzzle pieces)
Well, I would have to suspect you might not hold out much for a reduction of limitations? This frontier has many in the throws of some type of 'wilderness'. Well, decades-past I did come before Him, the "rewarder" and did taste of the bread that returned, that He is able to do "exceedingly", and I knew it beforehand without a shred to frustrate any fruition so as to stand in the way. Yes, exceedingly without exceeding His word, for as we know, He cannot lie.

Now this may stray from the more in-discriminant direction your thread seems poised at, though more related in my thinking than any other I recall of recent posts.

• Friendly
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I would have to suspect you might not hold out much for a reduction of limitations?
God limits himself for our good. We can count on him to behave within predictable limitations when it comes to areas that we trust him for. I'm glad he's not a "loose cannon".

It would certainly be within his power to change the requirements for salvation every day. But we can count on him to not do that. He has limited himself in that regard, and for our good, I would say.

On the other hand, he provides solutions that are beyond our comprehension. In this, there are no discernable limits. He parted the Red Sea, brought down fire from heaven to consume the altar and all the was offered there, made an axe head float, brought down the walls of Jericho, enabled Peter to walk on water, fed the 5,000 from a boy's lunch; -- should I continue?

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
“Ah, brethren! there is no reward comparable to the felt presence in our own quiet hearts of the God who has found us, and whom we have found. And if we have that, then He becomes, here and now, the reward of the diligent search, and the reward of it, ,” - MacLaren's Expositions

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A couple of things happened this week worth noting.
Though I live like a surfer riding the wave of God's blessing, I am all too often either oblivious, or thoughtless about it. Always thankful, but not continually giving thanks.

A couple of seemingly un-noteworthy items that confirmed once again that God cares even about the little things in our life and is a ready help if we would just ask.

In the first example I was driving to a destination where those I needed to meet were not available until after a specific time. I found myself ahead of schedule and needed to kill a bit of time and get a little something to eat. It was nearly 2 PM and I hadn't taken a lunch break. And frankly, I was hungry for a slice of affordable pizza. I verbalized my request and saw an image in my mind of a gas station (petrol station) two blocks away from my destination. I wanted a slice of pizza for under $2. When I went inside, there it was. Pizza by the slice $1.99. Hot and fresh. Seemed like a small thing, but the exactness of the fulfilled request confirmed the source for me.

Here's the other example. I had some extra time on the way to work in the morning. Traffic was lighter than anticipated. I remembered an errand I needed to run. I had less than fifteen minutes to spare. And I wasn't sure of my destination. I put it before the Father and he showed me the way. That was step one, but I still needed to get in and out of the store with my purchase and not be late for work. Fifteen minutes total.

As I approached the doors of this large store, one the employees stepped out and looked around. I asked him in passing if he was on a mission. He told me, as we walked in together, that he was trying to find a flat cart. I asked him if he could help me find what I needed. Of course. He led me right to it. I headed for checkout and another man arriving there just ahead of me insisted I take my spot in line (the queue) at the cashier ahead of him. We had a nice chat while we waited and I got to work on time. Mission accomplished. (with God's help)

I wasn't sure of the quickest route to work from the store, so I used my phone navigation. I had a direct route with a minute to spare. PTL

Seemingly little things, but I was rejoicing at the help I received. Life is good when we walk with Father God on a daily basis. All we have to do is ask.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good to hear from you,dear Stephen
You can call me Steve. (if you like)

When the thing happened with the store, I knew I needed to testify on this topic. And I encourage others to do so. Where has God touched your life?

I'm always amazed at how God is a ready help even in the seemingly small details. And is even there to help when I am hungry for pizza. Rather than saying, "That's not good for you." (I will not contribute to that which is not good) Although he is fully aware of my health, and knows I have no Doctor's warnings to steer clear of such. (safe cholesterol levels)

The thing with the store was so extraordinary. I needed to complete my errand and make it to work on time. (within 15 minutes) A completely unreasonable request. I didn't know where to go, or how to get there, or how I would find what I needed, or how long it would take, or how I would get to work on time after all that. But my heavenly Father had it all worked out as soon as I asked.

I was led to continue on the freeway rather than exit to go to work. The store appeared on my right. I took the next exit to get there. God sent an employee to meet me at the door. I even asked him if he was on a mission. (he had been sent there in search of a flat cart) He knew right where the item was that I was looking for. The person ahead of me at the cashier's line insisted I go ahead of him. When I got back to my car my phone navigation showed I had one minute to spare in getting to work on time.

I'll have to say, that is one fine set of coincidences if not the very hand of God. My spirit certainly bore witness to what was happening, and I rejoiced in it. And knew I needed to share.

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
You can call me Steve. (if you like)
I'll have to say, that is one fine set of coincidences if not the very hand of God. My spirit certainly bore witness to what was happening, and I rejoiced in it. And knew I needed to share.
Hi Steve, a great testimony! It's always great and uplifting when we see before our eyes God's provision for us, and His attention to even the smallest of details. He knows everything we need.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Steve, a great testimony! It's always great and uplifting when we see before our eyes God's provision for us, and His attention to even the smallest of details. He knows everything we need.
Amen.
Thanks. Please share when you have a testimony of God's provision. Always "great and uplifting" as you say. Watch for that extraordinary thing this week. Or share what is on your heart today. Thanks.

Upvote 0