✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks.
I'll be in a prayer circle before service. They will ask for what is on our hearts.
I'm ready to go. This topic helped to solidify my thoughts.
Thanks for participating. May the Lord bless you as well.

1 Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
Have a great day,Steven,as you walk in the 'blessing and favor' of the Lord'!

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have a great day,Steven,as you walk in the 'blessing and favor' of the Lord'!
Thanks. You as well.

I'm trying to get in the habit of declaring that we (the wife and I) are "blessed and highly favored" when we encounter challenges. Not that we think they are magic words, but to adjust our attitude toward the challenges we (as King's kids) face constantly.

We went to market yesterday to do our weekly grocery shopping. We were trying to make the week work on a tight budget. My wife was concerned that the store app on her phone might fail at checkout (which has happened before), not letting us use the specials we worked hard to find. Without hesitation I said, "We are blessed and highly favored." We agreed together.

When we got to checkout, the app worked. Big relief. When we were packing up to go, my wife left me to finish up. She instructed me to grab all the bags and put them in the cart while she ran to the rest room (toilet). I wheeled the full cart down to the rest room area and sat down on a bench to wait. Just then the lady that had helped us with self-checkout walked up with a bag filled with all of our meat purchases that I had left behind. I was stunned. The store was packed with shoppers. Evidently the next person at our checkout had informed her of the left behind bag of groceries and she had remembered us and went the right direction to find us. We had gone the opposite direction of most shoppers. I was very thankful.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. You as well.

I'm trying to get in the habit of declaring that we (the wife and I) are "blessed and highly favored" when we encounter challenges. Not that we think they are magic words, but to adjust our attitude toward the challenges we (as King's kids) face constantly.

We went to market yesterday to do our weekly grocery shopping. We were trying to make the week work on a tight budget. My wife was concerned that the store app on her phone might fail at checkout (which has happened before), not letting us use the specials we worked hard to find. Without hesitation I said, "We are blessed and highly favored." We agreed together.

When we got to checkout, the app worked. Big relief. When we were packing up to go, my wife left me to finish up. She instructed me to grab all the bags and put them in the cart while she ran to the rest room (toilet). I wheeled the full cart down to the rest room area and sat down on a bench to wait. Just then the lady that had helped us with self-checkout walked up with a bag filled with all of our meat purchases that I had left behind. I was stunned. The store was packed with shoppers. Evidently the next person at our checkout had informed her of the left behind bag of groceries and she had remembered us and went the right direction to find us. We had gone the opposite direction of most shoppers. I was very thankful.
That was a delightful illustration of God's blessing and favor. Wonderful to see God in the little things of life and not take them for granted! Lets look out for more this week!

Upvote 0

James R.

May 5, 2018
Los Angeles
✟16,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It use to bother me and even make me quite jelous when I would hear others say how blessed they are, I had it rough growing up in an abusive family and always wondered why wasn't I bleseed as a kid. A lot of doubt had set in over the years to the point of turning my back on our Lord and by the end of my second tour and a grunt I was completely separated from Him. Long story short, I finally gave up trying to manage my life, I got hooked on pain killers and booze, I lost my family and custody of my daughter and by this point I just cried in anger and almost in a mocking manner I asked Him why does He hate me so much, I never understood what I did wrong to deserve all this. Today I have never been close to our Lord Jesus Christ, I am blessed to have been sober for over 5 years, I have custody of my daughter and I'm back with my family plus 80% of my debt has been paid off by the huge tax returns and job opportunities that He gave me but that not all, these jobs are practically a few blocks away from my huge apartment. I'm a freelance mechanic and I couldn't be happier in life thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ. I'm going through some difficult moment's in my relationship over some unfinished things in our past but I'm praying and placing all my needs and worries in His hands. He gave me a new life and a better direction. Thank you for placing this post about blessings, I sometimes get a real warm feeling in my chest when something good happens and it seems like our Lord does it in ways that only you and Him understand and others may see it as "chance" or "luck", I now see it as His Blessings. I thank Him for the good times and the hard times because they have made me who I am today thanks to our Lord.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It use to bother me and even make me quite jelous when I would hear others say how blessed they are, I had it rough growing up in an abusive family and always wondered why wasn't I bleseed as a kid. A lot of doubt had set in over the years to the point of turning my back on our Lord and by the end of my second tour and a grunt I was completely separated from Him. Long story short, I finally gave up trying to manage my life, I got hooked on pain killers and booze, I lost my family and custody of my daughter and by this point I just cried in anger and almost in a mocking manner I asked Him why does He hate me so much, I never understood what I did wrong to deserve all this. Today I have never been close to our Lord Jesus Christ, I am blessed to have been sober for over 5 years, I have custody of my daughter and I'm back with my family plus 80% of my debt has been paid off by the huge tax returns and job opportunities that He gave me but that not all, these jobs are practically a few blocks away from my huge apartment. I'm a freelance mechanic and I couldn't be happier in life thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ. I'm going through some difficult moment's in my relationship over some unfinished things in our past but I'm praying and placing all my needs and worries in His hands. He gave me a new life and a better direction. Thank you for placing this post about blessings, I sometimes get a real warm feeling in my chest when something good happens and it seems like our Lord does it in ways that only you and Him understand and others may see it as "chance" or "luck", I now see it as His Blessings. I thank Him for the good times and the hard times because they have made me who I am today thanks to our Lord.
So good to hear this testimony! It will bring encouragement to many!

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
… I'm praying and placing all my needs and worries in His hands.
That says it all right there.
I put a folded card in front of my computer keyboard that reads: "Turn it over to God."
It is there as a constant reminder. And when things work out I lean over and smile at the card.

Thanks for sharing your testimony. You're in good hands. Rest in that as you go.

Philippians 4:5-7
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Praise Him for His grace and favor to our fathers in distress. Praise Him still the same forever,slow to chide and swift to bless. Praise Him! Praise Him! Praise Him! Praise Him! Praise Him! Glorious in His faithfulness!' (H F Lyte)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1 Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
I sense that it may be troubling for some newer to the faith over this mix of humility and the ease of high-standing. I am reminded of our particular liberty to be “lifted up” in the Lord over this,

“, , so that no one [else] may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”

(1 Corinthians 1:29-31)

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure if this fits here, but...

I was on another forum where they allow DISAGREE post ratings. (not a fan)
Fortunately, they are rarely used. But I managed to get one from a poster that
said they had come from a Pentecostal background and had left to join an evangelical church. Thus disagreeing with me on several points.

I had gone in the opposite direction, from an evangelical background to the Pentecostal church. So, I thanked this person for their thoughtful and detailed post while I explained the opposite directions we had gone. And even indicated some points on which we agreed.

When I came home from work, I was surprised to see that person had liked my post and removed the dislike from the other one. Blessed and highly favored?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wonderful to be able to bless others in the name of the Lord',even when they do not bless us!
Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seeking to enjoy the favor of the Lord,today!
I declare, you are blessed and highly favored.
May the Lord confirm that in your life today.
Or open your eyes to the favor that we so easily take for granted. (if need be)
Amen.

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I continue to be blessed and highly favored.
But am experiencing the winds of change.
Interesting to see where all this is going.
What appears to be the fulfillment of a prophecy from years ago.
These things take time. And the Lord sustains us in between.

I was offered a job by a pervious employer. (glad I don't burn bridges)
Which meant leaving a job I was in. (to which I am welcome to return)
But now find out that the company has just been sold. (after being back two weeks)
This was not anticipated. I got an apology and a nice raise. (retroactive)
Two weeks left under this employer. The new owner may want to hire me.
Is this what God intended in bringing me back? (He knew this would happen)
Hard to say what will become of all this. The winds of change.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I declare, you are blessed and highly favored.
May the Lord confirm that in your life today.
Or open your eyes to the favor that we so easily take for granted. (if need be)
Amen.
Thankyou for your declaration of faith believing for the favor of God in our lives!

Upvote 0