Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
In my own experience, I feel God this year has been calling me into a new chapter in my life and various things have been 'slotting into place'. I returned to church back in January after a retreat with brothers at a friary in North East England. I have gone through confirmation and become a full member of my local church. A new job is on the horizon in a couple of weeks. This year has seen some big changes - and I also feel my relationship with the Lord is much closer now that it has been for a long time. I don't exactly know what lies ahead, but my heart is trusting God and I am willing to walk in faith. Along the journey, the Lord has gently shown me things which I have needed to put right - old attitudes and ways of thinking that need to change so I can be a more effective witness for Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my own experience, I feel God this year has been calling me into a new chapter in my life and various things have been 'slotting into place'. I returned to church back in January after a retreat with brothers at a friary in North East England. I have gone through confirmation and become a full member of my local church. A new job is on the horizon in a couple of weeks. This year has seen some big changes - and I also feel my relationship with the Lord is much closer now that it has been for a long time. I don't exactly know what lies ahead, but my heart is trusting God and I am willing to walk in faith. Along the journey, the Lord has gently shown me things which I have needed to put right - old attitudes and ways of thinking that need to change so I can be a more effective witness for Him.
Thanks for sharing.
Sounds like you are on the right track. This scripture came to mind as I read your post.

Hebrews 11:8
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth' (God said to Joshua) 'but you shall meditate on it day and night,that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it,for then you will make your way prosperous and..have good success' (NKJV)

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many a favored insights!
Seems like good timing to return to this topic.
Many challenges lie ahead. But what has the past taught us? (He is faithful and helpful)

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
But what has the past taught us?
That some brothers are incredibly patient! But the Lord may impress me with something almost as important!

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That some brothers are incredibly patient! But the Lord may impress me with something almost as important!
When a BIG storm hits, does it matter where and how your boat is moored?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Blessed and highly favoured, that's us.
Despite being temporarily anchored to earth, we can still dwell in heavenly places.

So when it all hits the fan, we have a right to smile because we have someone who will take the excess burden from our shoulders.

Matt11v28Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

I have been through some exceedingly trying circumstances in my life, and in the midst of the worst, I have known such overwhelming peace because Jesus meant what he said above.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We were running out of toilet rolls and these seem scare,but someone from the church brought six around! We are highly favoured and grateful for this kindness!

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We were running out of toilet rolls and these seem scare,but someone from the church brought six around! We are highly favoured and grateful for this kindness!
Yes, we thank them from the bottom of... well, from the bottom, I suppose. - lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your sense of humour cheers the heart,Stephen!
I'm still amazed that the whole world (seemingly) ran out of toilet rolls.
Good thing we are seated in the heavenlies. - lol
From whom ALL blessings flow...

• Winner
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's a thought.
The current situation is bringing out the worst in people.

This is a GREAT opportunity for us to shine in this otherwise dark world.
Let's be a positive force in the face of uncertainty.

God's track record in caring for us is gleaming with hope for the future.
Some trust in chariots, some in horses, but...

• Prayers
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I tried to calm the old store clerk who was feeling the tenseness of patrons.
Well done.
That's a way to be a positive force in the face of uncertainty.
People need our cheery outlook more than ever.

That was a great relief, I'm sure, to a store clerk that had been dealing with nastiness all day.

Matthew 5:15-17
Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Upvote 0