Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,589.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Blackness Has Become A Commodity

“Blackness was once considered a curse, now it’s considered a commodity.

Just as intellectuals from decades and centuries ago created white supremacy to label black skin a curse, many intellectuals today have created critical race theory to label black skin a commodity.

For that reason, blackness has become one of the most valuable items on the market. Increasingly, some white people—particularly white people who embrace critical race theory—seemingly yearn to become allies with or members of the supposed Black American community.”

I fail to see how 5 people lying about their race translates into blackness being a commodity. Exactly how are people selling their "blackness" and whom is purchasing it?

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Just as intellectuals from decades and centuries ago created white supremacy to label black skin a curse, many intellectuals today have created critical race theory to label black skin a commodity.

For that reason, blackness has become one of the most valuable items on the market. Increasingly, some white people—particularly white people who embrace critical race theory—seemingly yearn to become allies with or members of the supposed Black American community.”
I did a personal experiment asking over a dozen different people of various races knowing what they know now, that if they could have chosen their gender and race at birth, would they remain the same or different, 100% of the black men and women said they would remain the same while all except one white person said they would keep their gender but would be mixed race white and something else (black, brown, asian, etc.). Only one white man said he would keep his gender and race.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I fail to see how 5 people lying about their race translates into blackness being a commodity. Exactly how are people selling their "blackness" and whom is purchasing it?
Who said anything about buying and selling?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I fail to understand why people identify as another color. I know it's just hateful people acting out but why they chose to do that I just don't know.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I did read the article which is why I am asking questions on the discussion board. Did you wish to the discuss the article?
If you read the article then you can make your own determination, correct?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Ah, so it is simply being claimed it is valuable?
“Critical race theory has convinced many people—including black people—to find their identity in perceived oppression. And for that reason, critical race theory is creating an environment where people are tempted to exploit blackness.

If whiteness and privilege are bad, why should anyone embrace their white skin or privilege? And if blackness and perceived oppression position a person at the top of intersectional hierarchy, why wouldn’t some people pursue that identity?”

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,589.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
“Critical race theory has convinced many people—including black people—to find their identity in perceived oppression. And for that reason, critical race theory is creating an environment where people are tempted to exploit blackness.

If whiteness and privilege are bad, why should anyone embrace their white skin or privilege?

I would say "Problematic", not bad. And why would they not embrace their heritage? I go to the highland games every year which embraces my heritage.

And if blackness and perceived oppression position a person at the top of intersectional hierarchy, why wouldn’t some people pursue that identity?”

What intersectional hierarchy?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I would say "Problematic", not bad. And why would they not embrace their heritage? I go to the highland games every year which embraces my heritage.
Heritage wasn’t mentioned.
What intersectional hierarchy?

Are you unaware of Intersectionality?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
OK. So the claim is being black puts one on top?
It moves you up. Being a black woman is better than being a black man. And a black lesbian is even better.

Upvote 0