• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big contradictions in the evolution theory

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Carico, Aug 10, 2005.

1. lewiscalledhimmaster

lewiscalledhimmaster georgemacdonald.info

+55
    Seeker
    Private
    UK-Greens
    Oh I am well aware of the old Jokers here, and I'm sure they bred like crazy in my absense

2. quatona

quatona "God"? What do you mean??

+3,506
    Seeker
    ..but Carico - at least in my memory (which might be fooling me for several reasons) - was certainly playing in a league of his own. :)

3. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+37,696
    Baptist
    Married
    I sent you 30,000 blessings.

Click on USER PANEL
    Then BLESSINGS
    Then PRODUCTS (under SHOP)
    Select 30 DAY PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP

4. AirPo

AirPo with a Touch of Grey

+4,618
    Atheist
    Married
    Did I do this correctly AV?

5. Justatruthseeker

Justatruthseeker Newbie

+342
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    And to mark out all the infraspecific taxa within a species and pencil them in as separate species instead.

6. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+3,204
    Atheist
    Single
    Wrong, try again. We have been over this. Or did you forget your failure with the fertility of Ligers and tions?

7. Justatruthseeker

Justatruthseeker Newbie

+342
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Except once again you never do your research.

Ligers are Sterile? Definitely Not!

And you might look up li-ligers.

So before you talk about failures you should gaze long into the mirror and admit your own since they are deffinately producing fertile offspring. So again we just have the incorrect classification of infraspecific taxa as separate species.

And I am still waiting for the list of those infraspecific taxa in the fossil record.

Did you think you could get out of that by attempting to change the subject?

8. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+3,204
    Atheist
    Single
    You made the same error that you did last time. You found a bogus post that thinks in the same errant all or nothing terms that you do. The fertility of Tigons and Ligers is greatly reduced. I did not say sterile.

See if you can find a valid source that says that they are not of greatly reduced fertility, otherwise simple sources such as Wikipedia are far better than the lame source that you used:

Tigon - Wikipedia

Liger - Wikipedia

"The fertility of hybrid big cat females is well documented across a number of different hybrids. This is in accordance with Haldane's rule: in hybrids of animals whose sex is determined by sex chromosomes, if one sex is absent, rare or sterile, it is the heterogametic sex (the one with two different sex chromosomes e.g. X and Y).

According to Wild Cats of the World (1975) by C. A. W. Guggisberg, ligers and tigons were long thought to be sterile: in 1943, a fifteen-year-old hybrid between a lion and an 'Island' tiger was successfully mated with a lion at the Munich Hellabrunn Zoo. The female cub, though of delicate health, was raised to adulthood.[18]"

Please note, it points out that the fertility was so reduced that they were thought to be sterile. Reduced sterility of that degree is enough to demonstrate that they are different species. You can't make up your own definitions every time that you are shown to be wrong.

In September 2012, the Russian Novosibirsk Zoo announced the birth of a "liliger", which is the offspring of a liger mother and a lion father. The cub was named Kiara.[19]

9. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,150
    Christian
    Single
    I'd guess that happens a lot more of that than we'll ever know. Opinions to pencil and from pencil to fact, all because someone thought that might be the way it is. But in the end, that makes perfect sense, in that it takes those type actions to conclude something no one has ever proven, is now "fact".

It used to be the "Theory of Evolution" yet today many claim it's fact, and for the life of me, I don't recall any particularly convincing finds between theory and fact, so all I can reasonably conclude is someone isn't telling the truth. So following that, the thought process would be if they aren't telling the truth there, how often did they do the same to get where they supposedly got with evolution in the first place?

10. Jimmy D

Jimmy D Well-Known Member

+1,786
    Atheist
    Married
    Who's not telling the truth?

11. GrowingSmaller

GrowingSmaller Can we come up for some real air (truth) now?

+252
    Humanist
    Private
    Look if we'd come from the Apes how come it was "Adam" and "Eve", not

12. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+1,338
    Anglican
    Married
    No problem, it's easy to get confused. Facts are facts, theories are explanations of facts.
    Evolution is a fact: life has adapted and diversified since it came into existence, producing countless new species. The theory of evolution is not a fact, it is an explanation for the fact of evolution.