✟157,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes it's beautiful.
Thanks. That’s what I thought i bought at first but when I got it home it wasn’t the same one. They were both on sale for the same price but I couldn’t find the one I wanted at the Hobby Lobby’s nearby so I had to order it. The shipping and handling added to the cost but I thought it was worth it to get what I wanted.

I considered keeping the original Bible and adding a pretty cross sticker on the front but I didn’t think it was a good idea to add a sticker on a brand new Bible.

Upvote 0

lanceleo

Apr 18, 2018
✟45,605.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks. That’s what I thought i bought at first but when I got it home it wasn’t the same one. They were both on sale for the same price but I couldn’t find the one I wanted at the Hobby Lobby’s nearby so I had to order it. The shipping and handling added to the cost but I thought it was worth it to get what I wanted.

I considered keeping the original Bible and adding a pretty cross sticker on the front but I didn’t think it was a good idea to add a sticker on a brand new Bible.
Or you can send it to a shop and engrave your name on it.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Well, the Bible arrived and it’s the wrong one, again. I give up and ended up putting a tiny cross/leaves sticker on the front. Now it doesn’t look as plain. The one they sent me looks like the picture without the ornate design; just a plain brown faux leather Bible. The sticker I added makes it look a lot better. Hubby thinks it’s a nice Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My faux leather Bible is flaking so I covered it up with duct tape. Not the most aesthetically pleasing but it does the job. Should I get a new one?

I would but I’ve seen more in worse shape than yours. If you’re attached to it, having sentimental value I’d suggest using it instead of buying a new one.

Reactions: lanceleo
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
My faux leather Bible is flaking so I covered it up with duct tape. Not the most aesthetically pleasing but it does the job. Should I get a new one?

I say keep it! Well worn books are beautiful IMHO. My daily bible is still in excellent shape and looks brand new.

Reactions: lanceleo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I say keep it! Well worn books are beautiful IMHO. My daily bible is still in excellent shape and looks brand new.
Is yours faux leather too? I googled how to keep faux leather from flaking and one suggestion was to use a little oil on it. Google it yourself before taking my advice. I don’t have a clue how to oil up a faux leather book without getting the pages oily.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Is yours faux leather too? I googled how to keep faux leather from flaking and one suggestion was to use a little oil on it. Google it yourself before taking my advice. I don’t have a clue how to oil up a faux leather book without getting the pages oily.
I have a few, yes. I never added oil to them

Upvote 0