Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
"The population of London is very dense." Unknown English comedian to a largely American (soldier) audience during World War II. (Legend has it all the Americans cheered and the Brits looked puzzled.)

Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I've used NIV almost my whole life, I don't know why but I've always favoured that one and it never seems to make other people's most accurate translation lists. What are everyone's top three?

And I have always used the JPS which is a Jewish translation of the Tanach. For my studies of the NT, I like to use the KJV and the NAB aka New American Bible. So, I consider my top three, first and foremost the JPS, then next the KJV and the NAB.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
And I have always used the JPS which is a Jewish translation of the Tanach. For my studies of the NT, I like to use the KJV and the NAB aka New American Bible. So, I consider my top three, first and foremost the JPS, then next the KJV and the NAB.

Why?
Here is a qoute from you in nondenominational
QUOTE =Shibolet
Jesus was a Jew and for that matter, he could have never compared himself
with HaShem. Don't forget that Hellenists wrote the NT.This is an evidence that not even a single Jew wrote a single page of the NT.
Un QUOTE

Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Why?
QUOTE =Shibolet
with HaShem. Don't forget that Hellenists wrote the NT.This is an evidence that not even a single Jew wrote a single page of the NT.

Although a Hellenist Jew was allowed to keep his Jewish identity, the Hellenists who wrote the NT were no longer Jewish but Christians former disciples of Paul, also a Hellenist who lost his Jewish identity to found Christianity in the city of Antioch if you read Acts 11:26.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Although a Hellenist Jew was allowed to keep his Jewish identity, the Hellenists who wrote the NT were no longer Jewish but Christians former disciples of Paul, also a Hellenist who lost his Jewish identity to found Christianity in the city of Antioch if you read Acts 11:26.

That was not stated in your other post,nevertheless you are teaching Christ is not part of the God head in a Baptist Fourm.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Ah hum...what about Matthew, Mark, John, and Peter? Were they disciples of Paul?

I am aware that at least 8 maybe 9 of the NT books written were by these individuals.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That was not stated in your other post,nevertheless you are teaching Christ is not part of the God head in a Baptist Fourm.

Probably because that's a Jew speaking the truth about another Jew. Did you know that Jesus was a Jewish man? I hope so. He would not agree with your
anti-Christ theology that he was part of a Hellenistic Trinity.

Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Ah hum...what about Matthew, Mark, John, and Peter? Were they disciples of Paul?

I am aware that at least 8 maybe 9 of the NT books written were by these individuals.

God Bless

Till all are one.

The real Matthew, Mark, John, and Peter were all Jews whom the Hellenists attributed their gospels to them in the hope to enhance their writings with apostolic credibility but they themselves never wrote a page into the NT. Jews
would not write against their own Faith.

Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Why?
QUOTE =Shibolet
Un QUOTE

Okay! Have I said any thing not true?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Geralt

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2016
GB
Visit site
✟67,802.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
i previously used the NIV.

now i also used these 3 for variety in reading and study:

1. NKJV study bible ; KJV Westminster Bible
2. RSB & MacArthur ESV study bible
3. The Complete Jewish Study Bible

! Cheers :)

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The real Matthew, Mark, John, and Peter were all Jews whom the Hellenists attributed their gospels to them in the hope to enhance their writings with apostolic credibility but they themselves never wrote a page into the NT. Jews
would not write against their own Faith.

Then I guess we are in disagreement.

Therefore, I must respectfully ask your to "cease" debating here. It is apparent that you are not a Baptist, therefore by the rules of this area, you are not entitled to debate here.

According to the rules, you may post in fellowship, but you are not allowed to debate here.

In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against it's theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic.

Source

Your opinion has been made, it is noted, therefore you must cease debating.

Thank you.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Then I guess we are in disagreement. Therefore, I must respectfully ask your to "cease" debating here. It is apparent that you are not a Baptist, therefore by the rules of this area, you are not entitled to debate here.

According to the rules, you may post in fellowship, but you are not allowed to debate here. Source Your opinion has been made, it is noted, therefore you must cease debating. Thank you. God Bless. Till all are one.

Wait! Don't shoot so fast! Did you know that there is no learning in the chit-chattering of common beliefs? Wisemen usually say that learning comes only
from controversies. The first time we meet, you already have your finger on the trigger? Wait! We might still learn a thing or two from each other. Do you agree that Jesus was a Jewish man? If so, he taught us to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) As you can see, Jesus and I share the same Faith with each other. I thought you could be more friendly with Jesus' coreligionists.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to the rules, you may post in fellowship, but you are not allowed to debate here.

Source

Your opinion has been made, it is noted, therefore you must cease debating.

Thank you.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

Michael Snow

Sep 24, 2015
✟36,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: OzSpen
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A cult beyond reason?
Wouldent it be ironic if the circumstances were reversed?
But the devil is a liar,so who knows?

KJVOnlyism elevates the King James Version to a level it should not be.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
A cult beyond reason?
Wouldent it be ironic if the circumstances were reversed?
But the devil is a liar,so who knows?

KJV only promoters seem to be oblivious to the facts that:
  • The Textus Receptus (TR) from which the KJV NT is translated was based on only about 6 late MSS compiled by Erasmus.
  • Of these, not one MSS was found that contained the last 6 verses of the Book of Revelation. How did he know there were 6 verses in addition to those in the TR? He had access to the Latin Vulgate.
  • So what did Erasmus do? He translated these 6 verses from Latin to Greek and added them to his MSS. However, since that time, not one MSS has been found that agrees exactly with the Greek translation by Erasmus.
  • Thousands of earlier MSS, including parts of MSS, have been found since Erasmus gathered his MSS. These confirm that Erasmus used Greek MSS that ADDED material to earlier MSS. Examples include Mk 16:9-20.
I'd recommend a read of, 'The Majority Text and the Original Text: Are They Identical?' (Daniel Wallace), to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the issues.

Oz

Upvote 0

TaylorSexton

1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith
Jan 16, 2014
Mundelein, IL
Visit site
✟35,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Just for fairness, I would recommend reading this article by a well-respected textual critic and scholar, Maurice Robinson. Please note that I am not a promoter of either text, although I primarily use the critical. I am very intrigued by Robinson's arguments in this article.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
KJVOnlyism elevates the King James Version to a level it should not be.

God Bless

Till all are one.
I never thought I would see the day,that Christians consider people who rely on the King James Bible part of a cult.
That's the only reason I posted anything,not to debate Bibles anymore.

Upvote 0