Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It's rather strong language, isn't it? Yet it does say that they will be "spewed" out of His mouth. It literally causes Him to be sick, so to speak. It seems to be quite emphatic for a reason.

This question is similar:

Did Jesus ever spit?
That one time he cured the blind man he used spit and dirt to make mud.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As more righteous than his friends.

God's own words, right in the beginning of the book of Job that are the "key" to understanding the entire book of Job.

It IS true that God said that about Job's friends later, but God had described Job in the beginning of the book that gave a solid foundation of what God thought of Job.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That one time he cured the blind man he used spit and dirt to make mud.

Yes! Awesome. Thank you.

This is fun.

Can you continue something similar to this after your exams?

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
God's own words, right in the beginning of the book of Job that are the "key" to understanding the entire book of Job.

It IS true that God said that about Job's friends later, but God had described Job in the beginning of the book that gave a solid foundation of what God thought of Job.

All I remember is Job being described as an upright man.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
All I remember is Job being described as an upright man.

Yes.....yer on the right track....but there is a description, with specific words from God Himself that started the entire ball rolling with Satan attacking Job...it's among the very first verses in the beginning of the book.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm going through the ordination process in my denomination and the English Bible Exam is part of this process. I've passed my written exam and now am scheduled to be verbally examined in a small group setting. They can ask me any questions they want about Bible content. Historical dates (within biblical history) are on the table as well. One thing that's not on the table for this exam is theology. In other words, they're not asking me to make conclusions about what the Bible means. Rather they are simply examining if I know the contents of Scripture.

It would be a great help to me if you'd be willing to grill me with Bible questions in order to help prepare me for this verbal exam. I will answer without looking it up because the exam is closed book. Of course I'm doing all kinds of other study and prep. But I figured this would be helpful too.

So hit me with your best shot and we'll see how I do.

Who is the first one to name God?

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who is the first one to name God?
Men began calling on the name of the Lord after Enos was born, but it never gives the name they called upon him with (which spiritually speaking is very important), but of all people (which is also very impotant, what isn't, right ...) Hagar was the first to name God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Explain the trinity, with supporting verses.

Trinity can be found in Matthew 28:18-20 and 1 Peter 1:1-3. "Explain the Trinity" would be under my upcoming theology exam. So I wouldn't be asked that in Bible. Location of the Trinity in Scripture is fair game though!

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The first episode the questions were pretty simple but they get harder each round of the game. It's a way to test trivia when you need a break from the books and you may learn something. They do the trivia by categories like women of the bible, geography, etc, which may come up on an exam

That reminds me, I need to watch that TV show again myself sometime.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

def

Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2010
✟89,770.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These are real questions from a new Christian. In my first month at church (many, many years ago), I asked a pastor what is the will of God? He told that it is explained in the Bible. And I also wanted to know what is the kingdom of God. He said that it is within me. Please do better than that.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
These are real questions from a new Christian. In my first month at church (many, many years ago), I asked a pastor what is the will of God? He told that it is explained in the Bible. And I also wanted to know what is the kingdom of God. He said that it is within me. Please do better than that.
These are also theological questions.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What is the only Holy day in the Bible?

There are many Holy days mentioned in Scripture. The Sabbath is a Holy day. Along with the six major festivals (Passover, Booths, Day of Atonement, Firstfruits, Pentecost, Trumpets). Also the Sabbatical year and the year of Jubilee were Holy.

Upvote 0

Jeepneytravel

Feb 11, 2017
Asia Pacific
✟33,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many Holy days mentioned in Scripture. The Sabbath is a Holy day. Along with the six major festivals (Passover, Booths, Day of Atonement, Firstfruits, Pentecost, Trumpets). Also the Sabbatical year and the year of Jubilee were Holy.

Good answer...the festivals are under the law of Moses, and were negated in Acts 15 with the exception of the four mentioned.
God's law, the ten commandments Exodus 20 remain, of course, which includes the fourth commandment, "remember the Sabbath day to keep it Holy...this is brought forward from Genesis 2....

Upvote 0