USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok. If you really think God marries a building, I guess it makes sense to you. Bye.

Read Ezekiel 16 and then ask our Heavenly Father that same question. But I'm sure He will not be as nice back to you as I am by your mocking.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ezek 16:1-15
2 Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations,

3 And say, 'Thus saith the Lord GOD unto Jerusalem'; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.
4 And as for thy nativity, in the day thou wast born thy navel was not cut, neither wast thou washed in water to supple thee; thou wast not salted at all, nor swaddled at all.
5 None eye pitied thee, to do any of these unto thee, to have compassion upon thee; but thou wast cast out in the open field, to the lothing of thy person, in the day that thou wast born.
6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, 'Live'; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.
7 I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.
8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread My skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest Mine.

9 Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.
10 I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with badgers' skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk.
11 I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck.
12 And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.
13 Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom.
14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through My comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
15 But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.

KJV

That is where the idea of God marrying Jerusalem comes from.

It is also where the idea of the Babylon Harlot of Revelation comes from, for the great harlot of Revelation 17 is a "great city", the city of Jerusalem in a fallen worship condition, playing the spiritual harlot against Him. Yet nowhere... in God's Word, does He say He divorced Jerusalem like He did the house of Israel.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Read Ezekiel 16 and then ask our Heavenly Father that same question. But I'm sure He will not be as nice back to you as I am by your mocking.

No mocking, just in awe at the silliness. I tried to stop this conversation to avoid anything further, but you brought it back up.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No mocking, just in awe at the silliness. I tried to stop this conversation to avoid anything further, but you brought it back up.

You still haven't read Ezekiel 16 I see.

And when you open your mouth against someone, they always... have the right to rebuttal. Don't forget that.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
You still haven't read Ezekiel 16 I see.

And when you open your mouth against someone, they always... have the right to rebuttal. Don't forget that.

And on you go. I did read the passage, so that was just another faulty assumption.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And on you go. I did read the passage, so that was just another faulty assumption.

That God married Jerusalem per Ezekiel 16 is a faulty assumption??? The Scripture proof was presented to you, but you REJECT IT obviously, just as you also reject what I showed in the Scriptures (that you quoted), how I showed they are NOT about a pre-trib rapture at all.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"One of the greatest deceptive mistakes made" is when we read His word, Rev and then try to explain to others how our personal understanding/view is right and others just got it wrong yes? :)

12 pages later. So I see this is not a debate. Not up for discussion. The OP is right no? For me there are things I can't get past for some reason and I try to look at each view as if it was my own. Foolish for me to think my personal view belief is the only true one.

Things I look at.. went to make me a home so WHERE.. where is He? Thats where I will be when He comes back for us. Made us a home.. where there are many rooms there.. where? In His Fathers house. Paul.. didn't know. Well as I look at is.. if Paul knew Christ was not coming to us till after the great tribulation. Yet used a word "WE which remain". WE? Yeah.. if I am talking about a day that would be over 2000 years later I would never say "WE".

Then seems before 1611 a word got changed. It was the same in all versions. :) Did you know that? How odd huh. This right here. If your going to say you know caught up "Rapture" is not happening before the great tribulation then you should have known this. And the fact I the Church will never see Gods wrath. That wrath that his the WORLD and all in it. And we know there will be no place to hide.

Forgive me please. When some don't even know if some storm or earthquake or virus is a judgement from God. That you don't know we are NEVER EVER judged with the unrighteous. Christ came took WHAT to the Cross? Yeah.. some don't know this but you know about what happens during the great tribulation? Some and .. many can't believe right now for God to protect them.. but you know and believe He will then?

Sorry.. YOU HAVE to have faith now.. and it will be so bad then. All the wars don't even compare to whats coming. Some can't believe live for God.. I mean live for Him.. every thing you think say do. 100% for Him. You never will for whats coming.

Escape? AMEN! I look up now.. I live in this moment I was given. THIS is the day He comes. I was never promised tomorrow. Foolish to have faith in a day I was never promised. So.. candle lit.. and I watch .. just like a OLD Jewish wedding. What are the odds

No reason to cast doubt with trying to infer my OP is just 'opinion'. If God's Word was meant to communicate just enough truth so everyone can form their own 'opinion', then who could understand it, who would we know could be saved? With that attitude of doubt no one could fully trust in God's Promise of Salvation through His Son if opinion were the only result of reading His Holy Writ! It would also defy the mere idea of communication through languages, for God's Word is not written only in one language, and there's been enough manuscript evidence to show the 1611 KJV is the most accurate English translation.

Therefore, I must comprehend your post more as a treatise of disdain for the things your 'personally' don't like, instead of offering any true edification for brethren in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, a thousand preachers.. men and women who went to school and have diplomas in the study of the scriptures... trusted to the point that they have flocks and parishioners and get "paid" to teach the word of God... thousands...

But.. "Internet Davy" has the drop on them.. He's right... they're wrong...

RighteeeeeeOH.

By the way... did you ever tell me what you plan to do when you have no money, no job, no possessions, no place to hide, no place to run, no place to sleep and everyone is after you to turn you in? For 3.5 to 7 years?

Still not a bit of Scripture support, just mouthing. That sets a great example for the deceived pre-trib rapture crowd.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Commenting on the Galileeian wedding custom. 12:00 - 21:00

It’s interesting that when the Father took Eve (signified by the church) from Adam’s side that He then brought her to Adam and Adam accepted her with the words of recognition as to flesh and blood mutuality.

The Galilean wedding with the bride given the same option to accept shows the bridegroom, after acceptance, signifying he will return them both to the Father. Very touching scenes being played out within that ceremony alone.

Yet Jesus never... used the Jewish marriage example about marrying His Church. That is inserted into the Scriptures by the pre-trib rapture school.

What Jesus did show was that His Church are virgins, and children of the bridechamber.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
That God married Jerusalem per Ezekiel 16 is a faulty assumption??? The Scripture proof was presented to you, but you REJECT IT obviously, just as you also reject what I showed in the Scriptures (that you quoted), how I showed they are NOT about a pre-trib rapture at all.

You make zero sense and your conclusions demonstrate it. I'm attempting to shut our conversation down now for the 3rd time. Any more nonsense out of you towards me and I'll have to put you on ignore, but instead I'm hoping you are mature enough to understand I'm not responding to your nonsense any further.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Still not a bit of Scripture support, just mouthing. That sets a great example for the deceived pre-trib rapture crowd.
You still missed my point..

The people that I listen to will not be rando's on the internet.

Especially when I can read the scripture and refer to the commentaries of men and women who have far more education in relation to the theology at hand than I do.

I have my view. It is supported by scripture and agreed upon by others, who are educated in this field.

Sorry that you don't comprehend my posts that well. You seem to miss my points.. a lot... and get confused as to what I am trying to say.

Others don't seem to have that problem with my posts.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Notice brethren who actually read and study their Bible, those on the pre-trib rapture doctrine here don't like to give Scripture proof of their pre-trib rapture belief, and when they do, it has nothing to do with a pre-tribulational rapture.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You make zero sense and your conclusions demonstrate it. I'm attempting to shut our conversation down now for the 3rd time. Any more nonsense out of you towards me and I'll have to put you on ignore, but instead I'm hoping you are mature enough to understand I'm not responding to your nonsense any further.

You aren't attempting anything, but only pushing hot air. If you wanted to leave this thread you would have already, but obviously you keep waiting for me to make a post, so you are still reading... this thread, like a vulture, waiting for someone to post! Go if you're going to go, don't mouth that you're trying to leave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
You aren't attempting anything, but only pushing hot air. If you wanted to leave this thread you would have already, but obviously you keep waiting for me to make a post, so you are still reading... this thread, like a vulture, waiting for someone to post! Go if you're going to go, don't mouth that you're trying to leave.

Unreal, and on ignore you go.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Mystery of The Seven Churches

In Revelation, our Lord Jesus showed His servant John seven candlesticks, and said those candlesticks represent the seven Churches...

Rev 1:20
20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

KJV

That means the heavenly pattern of the seven candlesticks represent 7 TYPES of Churches here on earth. During Apostle John's time, the seven Churches represented 7 actual Church locations on earth. But today they serve as 7 blueprints, Jesus giving a Message for each one.

All 7 of His Messages to those Churches are STILL IN EFFECT for today. Men's doctrines today falsely try to create eras for those 7 Messages, as if some of them were historical only. No, they ALL are still in effect today for ALL Christian Churches. They are given as gauges, to find out what KIND of Church one is in. So we are to use those 7 Messages to compare to our particular Church we attend. And remember, the pattern of the 7 candlesticks is still in effect in Heaven today.

In 5 of those seven Churches, our Lord Jesus had a rebuke for. So those 5 Churches had problems in because of what they were teaching, or what they wrongly held to, or for following systems of men, or for following fornication and idols, or for materialism, etc.

Only 2 Churches Jesus had NO rebuke for. And those two only had a doctrine in common the others didn't have. These two represent Christ's very elect that are sealed by The Holy Spirit for the end of this world, and cannot be deceived.

Rev 2:8-11
8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
KJV

Did our Lord Jesus say anything about 'rapturing' those out so they wouldn't be subject to that trial by the devil, even unto death? No.

What doctrine is that, about those blasphemers that say are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan? Lot of brethren, especially in past Christian history, interpret that to mean the Jews who rejected our Lord Jesus at His 1st coming, and agreed to have Him crucified. That's not really who that is about though. Jesus said those who "say they are Jews, and are not". In other words, those are about foreigners that crept in among the Jews throughout Bible history, and only 'say' they are Jews. They are converts, but not actually born of the tribe of Judah (real Jews).

Early in Bible history God showed about the Canaanites, and all the abominations they were doing, so God made an edict for Israel to destroy them all (Deut.20). This the children of Israel failed to completely do. So God said He would let them dwell among Israel, and He would use those Canaanites to test Israel with (Judges 2 & 3). Those would eventually creep into the position of temple servants, scribes, and priests among Israel. They are still among us today, busy working against Christ and the Christian Church. This means God is still using them to test... His people. They will fill your plate with all kinds of false doctrines, IF you allow it. These are the "tares" our Lord Jesus spoke of in His parable of the tares of the field (Matt.13).

Those of the Church of Smyrna knew about all that, so they were on guard against them. With what the 5 Churches Jesus rebuked show, is that they didn't know about those false Jews, and thus were subjected to their creeping in to create chaos against the Church.

Rev 3:7-11
7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith He That is holy, He That is true, He That hath the key of David, He That openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept My word, and hast not denied My name.
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
10 Because thou hast kept the word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
KJV

These also, at the Church of Philadelphia, Jesus had no rebuke for, and represent His very elect that cannot be deceived. They also knew about those false Jews who say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. An open door He set before them that no man can shut, is a sign of their election and not being able to be deceived.

Their being kept from the 'hour of temptation' is about not being deceived by the devil, whether that be in the actual past history of the Church of Philadelphia, or at the very end of this world when Antichrist will come and setup the abomination idol in Jerusalem. It is definitely not about being raptured out to physically escape being tempted. It's about 'knowing' the pseudo-Christ will be a fake, and know to instead wait on our Lord Jesus' coming after that.

So what kind of Church are you in? Do they teach you about the crept in unawares throughout Bible history?

Jude 3-4
3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

KJV

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not aware of any "secret" rapture.

John Nelson Darby, in 1830s Great Britain, originally taught that Jesus will come in 'secret' to rapture out the Church before the tribulation. Later scholars of the pre-trib school have tried to get away from that 'secret' idea, but it's too late. Darby is who taught the idea originally, and he was the first one to preach a pre-trib rapture in a Church.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
John Nelson Darby, in 1830s Great Britain, originally taught that Jesus will come in 'secret' to rapture out the Church before the tribulation. Later scholars of the pre-trib school have tried to get away from that 'secret' idea, but it's too late. Darby is who taught the idea originally, and he was the first one to preach a pre-trib rapture in a Church.
Great information... It's no secret now.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure that all we will see from Christ is love. His love is so great that it will overwhelm and burn up all of our mistakes and confusion of this earth..

In other words... He will be infinitely more "nicer" than you are.

Upvote 0