Not open for further replies.

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟20,790.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Steven Hawking wrote his PHD on the theory that the big bang had a definite beginning.
Then Steven decided to disprove his own theory. His other theory is pretty much that the universe 'just is' He also has a theory, 'the big crunch' that the universe will eventually all crunch in on itself. ALL of Stevens theories actually support the Bible.
Big Bang - Genesis 1:3, "Just is" - Exodus 3:14, "Big Crunch" - Isaiah 65:17, 2nd Peter 3:10-12, Rev 21:1

The Bible says that God just is. Exodus 3:14 "I am that I am"
Hosea 8:6 "The workman made it(the golden calf); therefore it is not God."
Implying that God was not created.

Revelation 4:11 "thou hast created all things and by your will they exist"

God is the ever present continually active source of all existence.
Before Him there was nothing(no time, no standard model, nothing),
without Him there would be nothing.

He is actively choosing to continue to exist, and has absolutely no needs at all.
He is God and has authority Because He came from non-existence.
(proven twice, spiritually as the Father and physically as Christ)
Some will wander non-existence - Matthew 22:11-14
Some will suffer non-existence - Rev 20:14, 21:4
But most will choose pain rather than non-existence - Rev 14:11, 20:15

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I'm saying its possible, as far as we know.

And the matter and energy inside the universe could be eternal too, but constantly changing, as things tend to do over time.

I dont know this to be true, but there's no good reason to think it impossible.

OK - do you believe that time had a beginning? If not, how can you have an infinite series of past events?

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
It's not clear what being "outside time" even means. Could you clarify how a conscious being is capable of existing sans matter, energy, space and time?

Explain how a conscious being would be unable to exist outside of time. You're thinking only within the boundaries of this universe; God, since he created the universe, is obviously outside of the universe, and so therefore outside of all of the properties of the universe.

Upvote 0

GrimKingGrim

The Thin Dead Line of sanity
Apr 13, 2015
Isle of Who?
✟10,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
OK - do you believe that time had a beginning? If not, how can you have an infinite series of past events?

I hardly believe in time. It's a man made concept to track history. But otherwise yesterday doesn't exist, tomorrow doesn't exist, 3 seconds ago doesn't exist. We are in the exact same moment as the beginning of "time", the exact same.

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I hardly believe in time. It's a man made concept to track history. But otherwise yesterday doesn't exist, tomorrow doesn't exist, 3 seconds ago doesn't exist. We are in the exact same moment as the beginning of "time", the exact same.

So you do believe time had a beginning, then? If so then you can't have an eternal universe.

Upvote 0

GrimKingGrim

Apr 13, 2015
Isle of Who?
✟10,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you do believe time had a beginning, then? If so then you can't have an eternal universe.

I don't. Didn't I just say it's a human concept?

I believe a cell could not be created by accident so a creator must exists.

Define accident.

I do not define God. how could i define him.

Yet you believe in something that is undefinable.

Upvote 0

TillICollapse

Dec 12, 2013
✟14,082.00
Marital Status
Single
Would you consider a causal chain separate from our own as being it's own "moment" ?

Upvote 0

ivanc0

Apr 26, 2015
✟15,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't. Didn't I just say it's a human concept?

Define accident.

Yet you believe in something that is undefinable.

Yes, I do, I am not able to define Him completely, so instead of giving you a incomplete description I just live with the idea I do not know the nature of God.
But I feel He must be full of Love, regardless our cruel (not personal experience, life has been reasonable good with me.) earth realities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Explain how a conscious being would be unable to exist outside of time. You're thinking only within the boundaries of this universe; God, since he created the universe, is obviously outside of the universe, and so therefore outside of all of the properties of the universe.

So is the Divine Flame. You can take anything and claim that it exists "outside" the universe and is therefore exempt from the natural requirements of that thing within the universe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟439,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Such a god would never be detected in our universe.

Upvote 0

GrimKingGrim

Apr 13, 2015
Isle of Who?
✟10,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Would you consider a causal chain separate from our own as being it's own "moment" ?

Nah. Everything is one moment: now. There is no yesterday version of anything, just what it is at this very second

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟439,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nah. Everything is one moment: now. There is no yesterday version of anything, just what it is at this very second

Just out of curiosity then...when you remember something, what is it you think you're remembering? Right now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GrimKingGrim

Apr 13, 2015
Isle of Who?
✟10,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just out of curiosity then...when you remember something, what is it you think you're remembering? Right now?

It's still a memory. It's your mind taking note of things that happen. Without the concept of time it'd be like a reference sheet. Something you refer back to.

Like a study guide handed out to you in class detailing what was discussed and what chapter. The paper exists in the present but has a log of things that happened in the past. Despite it not even existing at the time.

Upvote 0

GrimKingGrim

Apr 13, 2015
Isle of Who?
✟10,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Another question: concerning faster-than-light travel or communication, do you think it's possible ?

If we can find materials that don't shatter at such speeds. And keeping the humans on the inside from dying would be great.

FTL communication is probably a no. Email is our fastest I can think of and even then it takes a couple seconds. But keep up hope!

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟439,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's still a memory. It's your mind taking note of things that happen. Without the concept of time it'd be like a reference sheet. Something you refer back to.

Like a study guide handed out to you in class detailing what was discussed and what chapter. The paper exists in the present but has a log of things that happened in the past. Despite it not even existing at the time.

But those things did exist....yes? You're aware of the difference between when they happened... and what's happening now....yes?

Is that difference real or imagined?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.