Beings from beyond... Does it have to shake our theology?

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just a thought about the current disclosures being made by folks from the military about phenomena in the skies thought to be the activity of some advanced technology beyond normal human capabilities.

You can read about it on this thread... Whistleblower Testifies Under Oath to Congress that the Government has recovered "non-human biologics" from UFOs

Should these claims stack up and we are faced with there being life beyond the earth - will your theology cope with that ?

My thought is that such activity if real, is demonic in origin for these reasons.

First we know that angels can assume human form - otherwise we couldn't entertain them unawares as Scripture says.

It follows then that fallen angels are equally capable of appearing in physical forms and may present with very high intelligence and forms that are non humanoid.

Second the narrative in Revelation speaks about the deception to come involving signs and wonders on earth and in the sky.

Thirdly the temptation in the garden was all about knowledge and being presented with superior knowledge from such beings will again be Satans trump card to draw humanity away from Godliness.

Hey - these are my musings and it seems very soon this matter will be in our face to deal with if what we are hearing is to be believed.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
It is interesting how many christian's have faith in government and science for truth. If a person believes in God's creation given in The Bible. They would know (be able to recognize) of all (or at least many) the deceptions that are and will be played out

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,555.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just a thought about the current disclosures being made by folks from the military about phenomena in the skies thought to be the activity of some advanced technology beyond normal human capabilities.

You can read about it on this thread... Whistleblower Testifies Under Oath to Congress that the Government has recovered "non-human biologics" from UFOs

Should these claims stack up and we are faced with there being life beyond the earth - will your theology cope with that ?

My thought is that such activity if real, is demonic in origin for these reasons.

First we know that angels can assume human form - otherwise we couldn't entertain them unawares as Scripture says.

It follows then that fallen angels are equally capable of appearing in physical forms and may present with very high intelligence and forms that are non humanoid.

Second the narrative in Revelation speaks about the deception to come involving signs and wonders on earth and in the sky.

Thirdly the temptation in the garden was all about knowledge and being presented with superior knowledge from such beings will again be Satans trump card to draw humanity away from Godliness.

Hey - these are my musings and it seems very soon this matter will be in our face to deal with if what we are hearing is to be believed.
I do not see a reason why to try to fit this into biblical worldview. Bible does not have to speak about everything and not every phenomena or being must be identified as "something in the Bible - angel or demon".

Theologically, I do not see any problem with extraterrestrials, with beings from other dimensions or with some undiscovered intelligent terrestrial life.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

They would be fallen angels,
For some reason I thought extraterrestrial angels were mentioned?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thought by whom? Logically there's little or no reason to believe any such thing. One thing to remember - when someone says something "defied the laws of physics", they're wrong. Nothing with mass "defies the laws of physics", end of speech.

All his "evidence" based, again. on "somebody said...". Nothing that would be admissable in court.
Yep. God is God, the same, yesterday, and today, and everywhere, forever. Amen.

My thouight is that everybody always thinks of anything they don't understand as demonic. That's largely because they see demons as little bad gods, who are just this side of omnipotent. T'ain't so. Any evidence in Scripture of this kind of power? Not a shred. Demons torment poor victims and try to manipulate them. Our Lord commands demons and they obey. They're His creatures and their very existence depends on His allowing it.
What leads us to believe they can, or will, do any of that? And if they can, why bother?

And if they can, and want to, where is the evidence that they have? "Aliens is demons" would make more sense if there was any evidence that there were aliens of any kind, ET, demonic, or otherwise? Fact is, there is no such evidence.

Aliens can't be ET if there aren't any aliens.
Aliens can't be demons if there aren't any aliens.
Aliens can't be Democrats because there aren't any aliens.
You can continue that list for as long as you like.

But can I prove there aren't any aliens? Nope. Can't prove that penguins have telepathic powers, either, but I have no reason to believe that they do.

But Jipsah, UFOs? Fact is, per NICAP and MUFON, about 90% of UFO reports turn out to be mundane stuff. The rest? There not enough data to say. UFO buffs say "See? 10% of UFO sightings are aliens? Not true. 10% there's not enough data to say. Fact is if you got all the necessary data, the 10% would probably turn out to be boring workaday stuff as well. "But they Defied the Laws of Physics! No, they didn't. They defied the ability of the observer to accurately tell what was happening. Sorry, but fiction is, as usual, stranger than truth.
You can hang any spoky belief there and it'll fit equally as well. Ghosts, UFOs, whatever. That's one of the reason the Revelation is so much fun
Yeah, Lord knows Old Nick needs magical woo-woo stuff to draw people away from Godliness. That's why sin is such a hard sell these days.
I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Sounds good to me.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Theologically, I do not see any problem with extraterrestrials, with beings from other dimensions or with some undiscovered intelligent terrestrial life.
Ditto. If ETs show up, and behave themselves, I'll shake 'em by the hand or whatever, find out of they prefer coffee, tea, or beer. and sit down for a jaw. I've always been kind of a xenophile anyway; it probably comes from my biracial/bicultural raising. (Daughter once described herself as 3/4 Korean and 1/4 redneck).

• Informative
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why would it shake our theology? Your theology is too narrow if new revelations in nature shake it. This is probably a good time to remember that God and what God does is not limited to what we think we understand.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been hearing about beings from outer space for 8/10 of a century. Ain't seen none yet.

Even though they have been Abiden with us ??? :cool:

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
-​
It is interesting how many christian's have faith in government and science for truth. If a person believes in God's creation given in The Bible. They would know (be able to recognize) of all (or at least many) the deceptions that are and will be played out

Once you believe it's hard to change your mind when you're invested. Many are wedded to both and their identities are woven within its message. Walking away would mean losing a part of themselves.

I expect a liar to do what he does. He may camouflage the truth and spin it from different angles but he's a liar nonetheless. The moment I forget is the beginning of my undoing. I'll question things I shouldn't and embrace things I should reject.

~bella

Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is interesting how many christian's have faith in government and science for truth.​
Government? <ROFL> Science, however, is a lot more credible. Their stuff generally has to work, while govt can just just make stuff up. But your objection comes from being a flerfie, and you don't like the fact that flat earth is rubbish. The understanding that the world is round goes back centuries, misreading of Scripture not withstnding.
If a person believes in God's creation given in The Bible. They would know (be able to recognize) of all (or at least many) the deceptions that are and will be played out​
God created the universe, end of. And He created it with a spheroid earth, circling the sun, which circles a galactic barycenter. Like iot or lump it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The timing of this "revelation" is suspicious to me.
"Look over there! Aliens! Don't pay any attention to the scandal of the current president and his family's shady business dealings"

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
I forgot to add the medias role in this too, in my original post. So science provides the creation that will allow aliens to exist, government along with sciences technology advances, produce flying crafts. To be seen by the public and the media plays up the deception by giving credibility to the deceptions. The question remains will some lab created creature, eventually be presented as a dead alien.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not see a reason why to try to fit this into biblical worldview. Bible does not have to speak about everything and not every phenomena or being must be identified as "something in the Bible - angel or demon".

Christian theology, by its implications, actually excludes the existence of *intelligent alien beings, where alien means they dwell on another planet or other place in the material universe, so NOT spiritual realm critters.

* - approx intelligent like or us or better, lower animals are allowed though.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,555.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christian theology, by its implications, actually excludes the existence of *intelligent alien beings, where alien means they dwell on another planet or other place in the material universe, so NOT spiritual realm critters.

* - approx intelligent like or us or better, lower animals are allowed though.
What Christian theology, specifically?

Upvote 0