Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If any of my reluctance exist to this day Lord, I’m sure my sin could secure it, but thanks be to God for the Spirit that comes along to aid in the quest to only attain more and more of Your unspeakable Gift, this is so very tangible.

Holy One of God, thanks for all before us and for what has built us thus-far. Neither power nor might has any right over any of it, but only by the strength of Your Spirit, too blessed for my frail wording, mighty Ancient of days, Creator of all, rich to reward all in astounding meekness which surfaces to openly reward only one at a time,

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run,
but only one receives the prize?
Run in such a way that you may win.

(1 Corinthians 9:24)​

I find it particularly interesting that a lot of the scholarly mind out there most generally glosses-over any hint of reaping the physical here-and-now from the race sown to the Spirit,

For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

(Galatians 6:8)​

zóé: life
Definition: life, both of physical (present) and
of spiritual (particularly future) existence.

For all those whom choose to spread reluctance for the Spirit’s life we seek from the Lord, you would do well to repent of such an awkward posture. God wants to bless his people to bring the Church into a fabulous reigning example of His glory and praise and nothing less.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟989,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As brother Hagin pointed out years ago, a person with a lick-of-sense will figure out after seeing those texts concerning being filled a particular associated comment of element was noted;

"be not drunk with wine, ,"

"these are not drunk as ye suppose, ,"

But what was pointed out was that sure enough, sometimes we hear others speaking in a language unfamiliar to us, and we would never think to assoc-drunkenness with their communication.

Could it be, as seen in these two instances, being 'filled with the Spirit' would also incorporate other characteristics such as evident the 'good-time-party-minded' folks and the very pinnacle of securing a temporary joy with a possible drunken appearance?

The One, who brought forth wine into the party has now brought a 'new wine' to be filled with joy exceedingly!

"Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them."

(Psalm 126:2)​

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟989,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Two believers on the Lord Jesus, and yet, two vastly different joys,

“, , when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy;
and they have no firm root in themselves, but are only
temporary; then, when affliction or persecution
arises because of the word, immediately they fall away.”

“, , though now you see him not, yet believing,
you rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory”

(1 Peter 1:8, Mark 4:17)​

“Be filled with the Spirit” who is also our “comforter”!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If any of my reluctance exist to this day Lord, I’m sure my sin could secure it, but thanks be to God for the Spirit that comes along to aid in the quest to only attain more and more of Your unspeakable Gift, this is so very tangible.

Holy One of God, thanks for all before us and for what has built us thus-far. Neither power nor might has any right over any of it, but only by the strength of Your Spirit, too blessed for my frail wording, mighty Ancient of days, Creator of all, rich to reward all in astounding meekness which surfaces to openly reward only one at a time,

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run,
but only one receives the prize?
Run in such a way that you may win.

(1 Corinthians 9:24)​

I find it particularly interesting that a lot of the scholarly mind out there most generally glosses-over any hint of reaping the physical here-and-now from the race sown to the Spirit,

For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

(Galatians 6:8)​

zóé: life
Definition: life, both of physical (present) and
of spiritual (particularly future) existence.

For all those whom choose to spread reluctance for the Spirit’s life we seek from the Lord, you would do well to repent of such an awkward posture. God wants to bless his people to bring the Church into a fabulous reigning example of His glory and praise and nothing less.
repent of such an awkward posture

Would you care to elaborate on what this means? Especially the "repent" part?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟989,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Would you care to elaborate on what this means? Especially the "repent" part?

Thank you kindly.
Would love to, I think you know but to date, you don’t seem to thrilled with my views lately. Like, the more I respond, the less I see. Do I currently and in any way present a reason to alienate you from me? I hope not, I miss your wonderful posts as they have dropped in presence. Just curious if there was any cause to my account.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Would love to, I think you know but to date, you don’t seem to thrilled with my views lately. Like, the more I respond, the less I see. Do I currently and in any way present a reason to alienate you from me? I hope not, I miss your wonderful posts as they have dropped in presence. Just curious if there was any cause to my account.

It perhaps has to do with a video (actually it was a couple of them) i saw of brother Hagin, and who he associates with.

You have mentioned him at least twice and quoted him.

• Friendly
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟989,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It perhaps has to do with a video (actually it was a couple of them) i saw of brother Hagin, and who he associates with.

You have mentioned him at least twice and quoted him.
Well okay thank you dear Brinny, I think I see now in part anyhow. Two things come to mind over this and I know you are in good keeping not to contend with the parameters of this P/AoG forum for debate and or derogatory points.

Although Preachers acquire reputations that bring some things across the table that are just too questionable to sit idly by, speaking for myself and other congregants I have known over the years on a personal level, I have yet to run into any that would openly confess anything close to being in total uniform agreement with any voice of the pulpit, ever. High agreement yes, but not uniform. But moreover, we are sooo disadvantaged when our apparent differences we hold for someone of oversight remain the same for that one or all involved today or next week, may in fact have had a conversion of difference between then and now before the Lord, and or by the Lord which places much more responsibility on us for accuracy, else, we ourselves might be running counter to what the Lord has just done for someone in that time-frame. Of course, this depends on how common the report and known repute is, whether in good standing or not will often lead me elsewhere to be informed upon.

As to the suggestion that we need to advise folks who are in the habit of informing others away from the teachings on the Holy Ghost, is based upon 2 Timothy 3:5,

Having a form of godliness,
but denying the power thereof:
from such turn away.

There are many, we know, who just can’t stand the fact that the power of the Holy Spirit is still involved in His people today as He was in the early Church, they just can’t. Others, who are somewhere of middle-ground on the Spirit who neither confess nor contest His work might see the response of verse 5 taken literally as hurtful and un-loving. But then, isn’t the scripture riddled with references of the cost of obedience as well as the forgiveness of differences?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Well okay thank you dear Brinny, I think I see now in part anyhow. Two things come to mind over this and I know you are in good keeping not to contend with the parameters of this P/AoG forum for debate and or derogatory points.

Although Preachers acquire reputations that bring some things across the table that are just too questionable to sit idly by, speaking for myself and other congregants I have known over the years on a personal level, I have yet to run into any that would openly confess anything close to being in total uniform agreement with any voice of the pulpit, ever. High agreement yes, but not uniform. But moreover, we are sooo disadvantaged when our apparent differences we hold for someone of oversight remain the same for that one or all involved today or next week, may in fact have had a conversion of difference between then and now before the Lord, and or by the Lord which places much more responsibility on us for accuracy, else, we ourselves might be running counter to what the Lord has just done for someone in that time-frame. Of course, this depends on how common the report and known repute is, whether in good standing or not will often lead me elsewhere to be informed upon.

As to the suggestion that we need to advise folks who are in the habit of informing others away from the teachings on the Holy Ghost, is based upon 2 Timothy 3:5,

Having a form of godliness,
but denying the power thereof:
from such turn away.

There are many, we know, who just can’t stand the fact that the power of the Holy Spirit is still involved in His people today as He was in the early Church, they just can’t. Others, who are somewhere of middle-ground on the Spirit who neither confess nor contest His work might see the response of verse 5 taken literally as hurtful and un-loving. But then, isn’t the scripture riddled with references of the cost of obedience as well as the forgiveness of differences?

That's not what i'm referring to.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟989,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's not what i'm referring to.
Then that would be something new I have gathered from you, for I based it from former feelings you held which admittedly is counter to my suggestion, a little. Do you not wish to elaborate further?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Then that would be something new I have gathered from you, for I based it from former feelings you held which admittedly is counter to my suggestion, a little. Do you not wish to elaborate further?

I found it disturbing that you quoted from pastor Hagin and seemed to hold him up as someone to be emanated, and to be an example of a man of God.

I saw several videos of pastor Hagin that were quite disturbing.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟989,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I found it disturbing that you quoted from pastor Hagin and seemed to hold him up as someone to be emanated, and to be an example of a man of God.

I saw several videos of pastor Hagin that were quite disturbing.
Then it must be something outside of his suggestions for being filled with the Spirit, for that is something he spent over 60-yrs preaching about.

That isn't something to resist holding someone as an ensample (1 Peter 5:3).

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Then it must be something outside of his suggestions for being filled with the Spirit, for that is something he spent over 60-yrs preaching about.

That isn't something to resist holding someone as an ensample (1 Peter 5:3).

Yes it is.

if you would prefer not discussing this, it is perhaps best.

I am here to fellowship, pray with, and for, and encourage, as well as to be encouraged, as well as to glorify and to delight in the living God, and share how delightful He is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You feel the text's admonition,

"And be not drunk with wine,
in which is excess; but
be filled with the Spirit"

(Ephesians 5:18)​

, , has led the Church astray?

How many "interpretations" of it comes to mind?

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟989,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Brinny, On occasion, I’ve straddled thoughts with those who wish to change the course the people of God should go and so often it happens, when indeed it is correct to only spend a short-run of dialog and time if the well of ideas has run dry and only contention remains, it is time to cease.

God has made it clear to us, when receiving His word all you need to remember to keep in mind are three things in what is said, simplicity, peace and faith. If we don’t ask Him to help us keep these which are confirmed in the word, we will end up re-cycling the problem handing us a stagnation of progress.

God has brought the text to us simple enough to be understood by spiritual enlightenment and is again, confirmed all over the place,

I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his cunning, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

But reject foolish and ignorant speculation, for you know that it breeds quarreling.

Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.

(2 Corinthians 11:3, 2 Timothy 2:23, 2 Timothy 2:14, 1 Corinthians 1:17)​

Which falls right in line with their fundamental command to agree to the soundness of the scriptures made available by God and the Spirit's call spoken to us by our Lord..

If anyone teaches otherwise and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. Instead, he has an unhealthy interest in controversies and semantics, out of which come envy, strife, abusive talk, evil suspicions,

God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth. – Jesus Christ

(1 Timothy 6:3,4, John 4:24)​

Please do me a favor and show care Brinny for the remainder of the thread to conform questions surrounding the text on the Spirit and the ways we should perceive them. This concludes my remarks according to these and other passages.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟989,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Delight yourself in the Lord, praise God!

This one issue of being filled with the Holy Spirit has the capability to make all the difference in your life. The two foremost Gospel provisions God has given His people are one; to be saved by receiving Christ as savior and two; to be filled with the Holy Spirit for a host of reasons to aid our walk with Him.

The first reason that comes to mind is what people seem to be lacking the most – gladness of heart. “The joy of the Lord is our strength” (Nehemiah 8:10), and so goes the continuation of that in the New Testament report as one of the fruits of the Spirit – “joy” (Galatians 5:22).

Is the New Testament version of joy and the Old Testament joy two separate joys? No, they are identical with one exception; the people of God today asking Him to fill us with His spirit is a New Testament promise for His people unlike that of any other point in history (Acts 2:39). Thank God!

The “promise” is real and is for us as He so designed it in His wisdom. Hallelujah!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,912.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Delight yourself in the Lord, praise God!

This one issue of being filled with the Holy Spirit has the capability to make all the difference in your life. The two foremost Gospel provisions God has given His people are one; to be saved by receiving Christ as savior and two; to be filled with the Holy Spirit for a host of reasons to aid our walk with Him.

The first reason that comes to mind is what people seem to be lacking the most – gladness of heart. “The joy of the Lord is our strength” (Nehemiah 8:10), and so goes the continuation of that in the New Testament report as one of the fruits of the Spirit – “joy” (Galatians 5:22).

Is the New Testament version of joy and the Old Testament joy two separate joys? No, they are identical with one exception; the people of God today asking Him to fill us with His spirit is a New Testament promise for His people unlike that of any other point in history (Acts 2:39). Thank God!

The “promise” is real and is for us as He so designed it in His wisdom. Hallelujah!
Praise God for his wonderful gift! Dear Father Fill us anew, pour into us your Holy Spirit...thank you Lord

• Prayers
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0