England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In the Bible we are instructed to 'be filled with the Spirit' continually. 'Do not get drunk on wine,which leads to debauchery. Instead be filled with the Spirit' (Ephesians 5:18) Would you like to share on this experience?

Last edited:

riesie

Jun 22, 2015
The Netherlands
✟68,226.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In the Bible we are instructed to 'be filled with the Spirit' continually. 'Do not get drunk on wine,which leads to debauchery. Instead be filled with the Spirit' (Eph.5:18) Would you like to share on this experience?
Indeed alcohol is devastating! It will kill you slowly but surely! ! Both physicly and spiritually!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Agreed 'riesie'. It is so much better to be filled with the Holy Spirit. When we are filled with the Holy Spirit we can be used by God because we overflow to others. This can be a continual experience not just a one-off. It is how God wants us to live our life. Wonderful!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

riesie

Jun 22, 2015
The Netherlands
✟68,226.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Agreed 'riesie'. It is so much better to be filled with the Holy Spirit. When we are filled with the Holy Spirit we can be used by God because we overflow to others. This can be a continual experience not just a one-off. It is how God wants us to live our life. Wonderful!
But.....I still find it hard to determine when we are filled. Some have amazing experiences others more modest. When do you know for sure?

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jesus spoke about being baptised in the Holy Spirit (Acts of the Apostles 1:4-5) 'When the day of Pentecost came,they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them'(Acts of the Apostles 2:1-4)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Peter exhorted the early believers,"Repent and be baptised every one of you,in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all that are far off,for all that the LORD our God will call' (Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
As a young boy of 14 years,I trusted Christ as my Saviour and on the confession of my faith in the LORD Jesus Christ,I was baptised in the name of the Father,the Son and the Holy Spirit. I went on to be baptised in the Holy Spirit,ie. filled with the Holy Spirit and grow in grace. In the Acts of the Apostles we see that Pentecost was not the only infilling of the Holy Spirit. After that there were further infillings and they flowed out in witness and service

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't speak in tongues. I don't especially want to though (as in I have never prayed for it as I have a lot of other things to pray about) I have found on 4 occasions recently when overflowing with the spirit unknown words trying to come out. However a few syllables in my tongue would trip up.

However in my former, younger, naive walk with Christ I had less issues to overcome. I didn't speak in tongues then even though I could walk with a far more Christian temperament.

I don't understand why this is? Am I getting in the way? Why now when not before?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't speak in tongues. I don't especially want to though (as in I have never prayed for it as I have a lot of other things to pray about) I have found on 4 occasions recently when overflowing with the spirit unknown words trying to come out. However a few syllables in my tongue would trip up.

However in my former, younger, naive walk with Christ I had less issues to overcome. I didn't speak in tongues then even though I could walk with a far more Christian temperament.

I don't understand why this is? Am I getting in the way? Why now when not before?
Well, today the Bible is complete, while in the days of the Apostles for a short period it was not. Now we have all the truth and revelation that God has ordained that we need, and it's in the Word of God; but for us to read and meditate daily in the Word gives us vast, and blessed resources.

• Friendly
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Paul said"I speak in tongues more than you all" "I would that you all speak in tongues".Speaking in other languages is an evidence of being filled with the Holy Spirit. But we are not just filled with the Holy Spirit to speak in tongues. Jesus said," You shall be witnesses for me in Jerusalem and Judea and in Samaria and even to the ends of the earth'. The promise of the Holy Spirit is not just for the early disciples but for their children and to all those who afar off,even as many as the LORD our God shall call'

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
His Word says,'Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you shall find. Knock and the door shall be opened to you'. He only gives good gifts to His children.
'How much more shall the Holy Spirit be given to those who ask'

• Winner
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'He will fill your heart today to overflowing. As the LORD commanded you,bring your vessels not a few. He will fill your heart today to overflowing with the Holy Ghost and power'(Mrs C H Morris)

• Useful
Upvote 0