England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Are you trusting Jesus,all along the way? Does He grow more precious to your heart each day? Are you His disciple? Test His word and see He will give the Spirit more abundantly. More abundantly,more abundantly,that they might have life and more abundantly' (Thoro Harris)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'For His matchless favor,magnify the name of our gracious Saviour who from glory came. Let the saints adore Him for His wondrous word,sealing our redemption through the crimson blood'

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'I hear the sound of rustling in the leaves of the trees,the Spirit of the Lord has come down on the earth. The church that seemed in slumber has now risen from its' knees and dry bones are responding to the fruit of new birth and this is not a phase that is passing,it's the start of an age that is to come and where is the wise man and the scoffer? Before the face of Jesus they are dumb! My tongue shall be the pen of a ready writer and what the Father gives to me,I'll sing. I only want to be His breath,I only want to glorify the King!' (Ronnie Wilson)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1
2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

God's Spirit, the Holy Spirit was there in the beginning, moving through the darkness, filling the emptiness ...
what an amazing thought!

Thank you that the light of your presence shines again in my life
holyspirit.jpg

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Being filled with the Holy Spirit does not depend on emotional reaction or dramatic incidence. It depends on surrender to God's word and submitting to the Holy Spirit who dwells within and allowing Him to overflow in our life. It requires faith and a thirst for God and an expectancy that He will fill us.The Holy Spirit indwells every believer. We are born again by the Spirit of God so the Holy Spirit is within the believer. He brings the nature of Christ into our heart. To be fillled with the Holy Spirit is subsequent to salvation. It is an overflow of the Holy Spirit so that we can be powerful witnesses for Him and more equipped to serve Him with the gifts He gives. We should not seek ecstatic feeling,although God will manifest Himself in many ways,one of which is speaking in tongues. Faith in the Word of God and surrendering to His will and there will be definite change. Begin by praising the Lord!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We are not to quench the Holy Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:19) It is disobedience to quench the Spirit.'Be filled with the Holy Spirit' (Ephesians 5:18) It is obedience to be filled with the Holy Spirit,

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Come to Him believing,hearken to His call. All from Him receiving,yield to Him your all. Jesus will accept you when to Him you flee,He will give His Spirit more abundantly' (Thora Harris)

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
'For His matchless favor,magnify the name of our gracious Saviour who from glory came. Let the saints adore Him for His wondrous word,sealing our redemption through the crimson blood'
Ohhh-yes QB! The natural man couldn't pick up on it quick enough could he dear friend? Saying,

"How could we magnify the name for
He who holds those matchless wonders?"

Ohhh-but here comes that which the Lord did not say we would necessarily feel as proof, but would take hold of eventual joy for His kingdom's fulfillment, Hallelujah! Let us all have our "What meaneth this?" moment and become that potential He has set out before each of us to become that co-worker with God, by God, for God as heir, joint heir, worker, joint worker by one solitary method, , being filled with His Spirit, the source of that wellspring of life God places deep, deep within the innermost portion.

Come forth in Your people Lord, fill them to be the witness they could not do on their own, praise God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Lord has not yet risen to 'shut the door'. There is still time to exit the pride of self-sufficiency by thinking,

'Be filled with the Spirit?, That's alright, I'll take whatever comes without asking and overcome all the Devil will throw at me by the "blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony."'​

Tell me, where are you going to get that word? What can you do sufficiently on your own to overcome? Remember the words of our Lord?, we can do "nothing" without the One who testifies within us.

Who on earth would choose stout-heartedness knowing, we should all enter the same subscribing,

Fill my cup Lord with Your blessed gift you said was for all those expecting Him from "afar off" Jew and Gentile. Oh' praise God!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Considering when we are filled with the Spirit, some might wonder, what preparation does this involve? IMO, the brutal answer to that is it is up to God. It is recorded in the Bible the Spirit given upon mankind with various levels of readiness. Not that God would intervene for all who’s heart is not right with some flawed motive, but we still bring a certain amount error; everyone.

But this is one event to help,

“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” (James 4:8)​

It is a time when preparation has only a small part if any to play in the request to be filled. At the time of my request in an AOG-church on June 1st over thirty years ago, the bulk of the message dealt with examples of and not preparation for. That message showed me one thing I didn’t need any more reminders of. I had so much a want to be filled that morning that it drove me out of the sanctuary to the foyer where I later re-convened for the invitation. It was that weight that showed me the Christian man is not comfortable in considering he may be missing something in his walk with Christ.

While no laughing matter, it really is silly. This isn’t a matter of striving against flesh and blood, but recognizing an institution put in place by God. Being filled with the Spirit has undergone so much interpretation that many have actually set it aside and turned it into the above “flawed motive” of doubtful reasoning.

But again, we need help when we all have our own element of carnal bookings; even the young who receive His Spirit with the help of discipleship can with patience aid in the quest to renew the mind. Let’s not forget to compile the related text to this season of the Spirit.

Since it is said,

“as it is written,
“THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;
THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS,
THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD, , “ (Rom 3:10,11)​

That goes for right up to the time of our request to be filled, (not including un-confessed sins). But there must be a season of maintaining our being filled.

“For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.” (Gal 6:8)​

We wish you well and His strength for this effort!

God bless.
Loved and lost this thread, here, a portion of my anticipation of receiving the Gift. God is not partial to include but keeps us independent to our character specifics.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I happen to like one of the ways Dr. Billy Graham explained,

"He was sent to exalt the Lord Jesus Christ, He shall not speak of himself. When you hear someone speak of the Holy Spirit saying 'the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit', never talking about Jesus Christ you can know that man is not speaking from the Holy Spirit."

At about the 20-min mark.
Amen Dr. Graham!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Receiving the Holy Spirit by the laying on of hands,

"And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 9:17)
"And behold, I am with you all the days, until the completion of the age." (Matthew 28:20)

We are still being "sent".

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums