✟17,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
rocketboy said:
i have a few questions..do other countries have military bases in the united states?

I highly doubt it, however, I do know that other countries train with our forces(Germany, Israel, England).

I think that there is an annual huge international Air combat scrimmage at Nellis .

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
rocketboy said:
i have a few questions..do other countries have military bases in the united states? and are they allowed acess to our bases?

I dont think (and I could be wrong) any other coutnry has a base of its own here on US soil. I do know that other countries come here to train under various treaties and agreements. When I was at Ft Hunter Leggit in the mid 90s, there were several companies of soldiers from the Ukraine that came to "play" with us. On the various bases I been stationed on during my career, I have seen, trained with and met members of different militaries from all over the world. Mostly NATO.

I dont have an answer if foreign soldier can just walk up to the MP at the front gate and be allowed in if in a tourist status/just visiting. But who knows anymore!

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When we were at Cherry Point, they had Italian pilots training on the Harriers, and they were there for about a year.

When we first got here, there were Australian pilots training here as well, although they didn't stay as long.

When my dh was in Japan, they did a DET to Thailand to train their pilots on the Prowlers.

Upvote 0

Trainwreck

Dec 11, 2005
✟7,722.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only bases in the US are US military bases. The reason (or at least one of the reasons) we maintained so many foreign bases (ie Europe) was to stand up to the Soviet Union during the Cold War. Another example, we have bases in South Korea to deter North Korea. Many of these bases are kept open is for logistical reasons pertaining to the GWOT.

As others have said, we train a lot of foreign services. Every once in a while you'll have to salute a Kuwaiti or S. Korean officer.

I think that there is an annual huge international Air combat scrimmage at Nellis .

You're referring to Red Flag. All US services participate, as well as many allied nations. It's fricken huge!

Upvote 0

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pretty much every training program that we have trains foreign mititary members. Pilot and Nav schools train other nations, C-130 FTUs train other nations, F-16 FTUs train other nations. Red Flag has several exercises with other nations. We train with other nations abroad as well in exercises. Our bases abroad and our presence at other nations' bases train units in the region. We give a lot to our allies.

Upvote 0

Crusader05

Veteran
Jan 23, 2005
Omaha, NE
✟22,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We have a foreign student intelligence course here at Goodfellow AFB. I've seen some British and other foreign officers here on base. I know they train foreign pilots for the C-130 at Little Rock (where I'm going next).

There is also a detachment of the German Luftwaffe at Holloman AFB in New Mexico where they do flght training for the F-4.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

E_Powers

Humble Baker for the Lord
Sep 2, 2004
st chuck mo
✟8,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trainwreck said:
The F4?? They're still flying that thing??
we still do sorta our Eagle and Raptor drivers out of Tyndall A.F.B. chase them and shoot them down, In training I don't know if there are any QF-107s left out there any more.

a few more countries still use alot of our older equipment still also. i seem to recall we sold/gave A-4 skyhawks to Argetina so they could put planes on a second hand carrier the British sold them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CapitalLancer

DORbandinan are #FF0000,...
Jan 20, 2006
USA
Visit site
✟3,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, there are not any foreign military bases in the US. The purpose of us having bases elsewhere in the world is for quick response to conflicts and as a forward deployment hold - especialy for the mid east. We can take care of anything around here ourselves so there is no reason for anyone else to have bases here.

Also, as I recall, most of the bases that we have overseas, are ones we have taken by war and never gave back to whomever.

Trainwreck said:
The F4?? They're still flying that thing??
:mad:

Thou shalt not desecrate the name of the venerable F-4! ;)

The F-4 is is a very usefull airframe that has seen continued use by US and foreign militaries. The US uses them for wild weasel missions, and Germany uses them for AA and F/A roles, having tuned them up 21 century style, and have them as good as F-15's. Isreal has some too as I recall, and theirs are probably tuned in a simmilar fashion as to how they have tuned the F-15's they have purchased from us.

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

† Need a lifeguard? Mine walks on water †
Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Husband was in the Marines and served at MWSS (Marine Wing Support Squadron) and when they went to war in the Gulf, the Brits came and they worked in the same area.. also they became good friends.. worked also together at Kuwait International Airport.... then hid some AK47's in the sand cuz they could not bring them home - lol

Upvote 0