Barack Obama, is America ready for a black president?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,307.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our economy will collapse if we didn't have the illegals, that is what you don't understand.

Jon Miller

Well since they are the only ones working, everybody else just sitting behind their computers goggling youtube......

Upvote 0
C

catlover

And like I stated CL, "What belongs to Cesar?" Answer: Nothing. It all belongs to God.

That's your opinion. I believe that type of help should come from the church not government.

Trust me, uninsured people still get help in the emergency room.

Sure it does. Who decides and who pays for it? Why can't the church do it? Loads of denominational, non-government operated church hospitals out there CL. Should we just turn them over to the government?

The point is, if people had access to preventive medicine they wouldn't need to make an E.R visit which costs more.

Which church would you want to do it?

Upvote 0

Adventtruth

God is the Gospel!
Sep 7, 2006
Raliegh Durham North Carolina
✟18,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ROFL--I guess you are right--I am passionate about whats going on in this country today. I haven't always been this involved, but some personal things have forced me into the fray and has opened my eyes wide to the total corruption that has taken over.

EGW tells us NOT to sit idly by and allow evil to prevail. So I thought I would do my part--lol!

lol!....Well all I can say is don't lose focus in Jesus the Christ. It can be easly done seeing that this political race is none like we have had before. A women, a black, a republican thats really liberal, and a Baptist preacher candidate who has already lost but wont leave in hopes of a miracle.

I too feel stongly about this race...its a lots of fun. I listen to all the radio news shows Rush, Ed Shultz, Neil Bortz, and all the Cable shows MSNBC, FOXNEWS, and CNN. I've seen all the debates, and know all the spin each candidate is spinning I'ts consuming. But focus is where it needs to be. I still Believe what it says in Daniel...God sets up kings and sets them down. Its all for his purpose. Well any ways have fun Honor, I know I am...but lets keep the focus....you and I are only passing through.

Blessings

AT

Upvote 0

DrStupid_Ben

Apr 22, 2006
Cenral Coast, NSW
✟8,105.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
I agree that we should help the poor, but the Bible also says that he who does not work should not eat.

I can just imagine a poor person coming up to Jesus and him saying, "Whatever, your fault for not working."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,307.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The issue is not about working in this case, its about social, economic and racial class. Those of a certain class are given a free pass with very few strings attached, those of what is perceived to be of a poorer or 'lower' class of people are limited in there oppurtunity to come to America.

Let me explain, as I know the Carribean experience first hand and better than the European one I will use that. Cuba was the crown jewel of the Spanish empire, with every gold shipment passing through Havana with a vast govermental system set up and needed to run the empires New World gold mines, plantations, banking. etc.. The best schools, the most educated, some of the wealthiest families came from Spain, making Havana a very modern cosmopolitan city, with the original darker skin native indians being replaced by those of light skinned Spanish descent.

So when Cuban dicatato Castro came, the cubans were welcomed with open arms to America, we went and brought the children over in operation 'Pedro Pan', we passed laws so they could walk onto a beach on U.S. soil and have a instant free pass to american citizenship. We welcomed the hardworking, well educated, well to do social class of cubans that came.

But the island of Haiti only a few short stones throw beside cuba, with its own dictator 'Papa Doc' and son ravaged the poorer people there, we looked the other way. We sent coast guard cutters to keep them away from our shores, if they did manage to make the hundreds of miles across the dangerous waters we sent them back. So what made the difference.....

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
JFK was a terrible president, one of our worse.

It doesn't matter what sort of things are used to keep track of it, I will note that having a central group making the 'legal' tender makes things a lot less confusing and easier for those doing business. As such, having the federal goverment do things makes a lot of sense.

I don't see how federal reserve notes are in any way immoral (well, more immoral then living in this country).

And yes, I know that I might have just been trolled.

Jon Miller
Explain what you mean by trolled?

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The biblical nation of Israel looked after its poor etc, it did not rely on the community or the priests to do so,[/QUOTE] are you suggesting politicians should have no interest in looking after the weak in its society?

That made no sense at all. Sorry

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
America is more diverse than it was 40 years ago, there is no biggy with pressing 1 for English. The Europeans know more than one language. I don't see the big deal with people being bilingual.
Well Cat-then why aren't we pressing 1 for say--French or Swedish or German? Do you not see the problem here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

moicherie

True Brit
Oct 13, 2005
United Kingdom
✟16,811.00
Faith
SDA
If you think for one minute that politicians truly care for helping the weak and poor, I have some ocean front property in Arizona I think you may be interested in.
My statement was not about their feelings about the poor being politicians does not negate their duty to pass laws to deal with the situation rather than sit on thieir behinds and do nothing at all. I'm sure JFK and LBJ did not champion the civil rights act because they had some great love for black people....

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,307.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Looks like even today, there is plagarizism, can that be true.......

"..Obama: Borrowed lines no big deal..

"... Sen. Barack Obama said Monday that he doesn't think it's a big deal that he borrowed lines from his friend Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, although he probably should have given him credit.

Patrick said during his gubernatorial campaign a year and a half ago that words matter, like "I have a dream" and "all men are created equal."

Obama used the same lines Saturday night in Wisconsin. Obama said that Patrick suggested he use the lines to respond to Hillary Rodham Clinton's suggestion that Obama is more of a talker than a doer.

Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson accused Obama of plagiarizing Patrick, and that's particularly troubling since Obama's appeal is based in large part on his rhetorical skills...."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politi...ama-borrowed-lines_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.