Barack Obama, is America ready for a black president?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TrustAndObey

Then you have not taken the time to understand the social conditions of your country. I would hope that readers would understand that she was referring to blacks as a community rather than to black individuals. But I suppose we will twist away from the issues for the spin that best suits us.

And you quoted me saying "a GROUP of people". A community is a GROUP of people.

If it's her own personal resources I'm okay with it, but taking the American resources to advance one COMMUNITY above another, I'm not okay with.

We are all created equal.

Upvote 0

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
And you quoted me saying "a GROUP of people". A community is a GROUP of people.

If it's her own personal resources I'm okay with it, but taking the American resources to advance one COMMUNITY above another, I'm not okay with.

We are all created equal.
Where did she say she would use American resources to advance one community above another?

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

Where did she say she would use American resources to advance one community above another?

That was my question Sentipente. Whether or not she plans on considering American resources as "her" resources.

It's worth asking her about it and she should be questioned about it.

"I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost."

Upvote 0

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
That was my question Sentipente. Whether or not she plans on considering American resources as "her" resources.

It's worth asking her about it and she should be questioned about it.

"I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost."
Why would you need to question her about something that is quite explicit unless we are simply trying to create issues -- issues that have no relevance since she is not running for the presidency. She clearly made a comment about HER resources. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why would you need to question her about something that is quite explicit unless we are simply trying to create issues -- issues that have no relevance since she is not running for the presidency. She clearly made a comment about HER resources. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Would being the First Lady be considered a "kind" of resource?

Upvote 0

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Would being the First Lady be considered a "kind" of resource?
Do you think she is going to use ALL her resources? It that is your interest why don't you ask whether she is going to use her pantyhose in that effort? I think her pantyhose are a part of her resources. You guys are showing how much you are affected by racism and it's very sad.

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

Do you think she is going to use ALL her resources? It that is your interest why don't you ask whether she is going to use her pantyhose in that effort? I think her pantyhose are a part of her resources. You guys are showing how much you are affected by racism and it's very sad.

You're absolutely right. I am a racist. A human racist.

I believe in human racism and we should all be given the same opportunities, and I also believe respecters of people are anti-human race.

If she feels an obligation to the black community and they come first and foremost, don't think that won't affect her duties as first lady, because it will.

I ask questions about candidates and their spouses because it's par for the course. Period. It's my right.

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Nice and carefully worded to not outright call some one a racist.

Just because a person is not voting for a particular candidate does not make them a racist. If I had made the same comment in a thesis that Michele made I would automatically be labeled a racist, but since she is black she gets a free pass.

When all races do not treat each other with the same respect that they would treat their own race - that is racism.

A choice has to be made - I choose the lesser of two EVILS.

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It would be interesting if we could actually access her finances to see if she indeed is using her 'own' resources for the betterment of her 'community'!

Anyone foolish enough who doesn't know that ALL politicians think that our money is their's is in need of a quick course in reality.

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm still voting for Ron Paul in November!!

2021747986_078f79b00c.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thecountrydoc

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2006
San Marcos, CA
✟48,164.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I recieved this from a friend that I corospond with from time to time. I think it will clearly explain why I haven't voted for any political candidate since Richard Nixon.

Respectfully, your brother in Christ,
Doc

Friends,

The following was sent to me by a friend of mine and I think it is very sage advice for the time we are in. No where in the Bible are we urged to be partakers of the political system and all it's trappings. In fact read John 18:36. We are called to vote for only one leader.....Jesus Christ who's Kingdom is not of this world. We do this not with a checked ballot stuffed inside a box, but we do this with a ready and willing heart to do His will and to abide with Him.
"The Lord would have His people bury political questions. On these themes silence is eloquence. Christ calls upon His followers to come into unity on the pure gospel principles which are plainly revealed in the word of God. We cannot with safety vote for political parties; for we do not know whom we are voting for. We cannot with safety take part in any political scheme. We cannot labor to please men who will use their influence to repress religious liberty, and to set in operation oppressive measures to lead or compel their fellow-men to keep Sunday as the Sabbath. The first day of the week is not a day to be reverenced. It is a spurious sabbath, and the members of the Lord's family cannot participate with the men who exalt this day, and violate the law of God by trampling upon His Sabbath. The people of God are not to vote to place such men in office; for when they do this, they are partakers with them of the sins which they commit while in office." {Gospel Workers 391.2}
Knowing that the lesser choice between two evils still evil we should clearly decide in our hearts to vote for He that is good to all, all the time. Personally, I haven't voted for over four years and will never do so again. There is nothing to be found at a ballot box that isn't found in the Word of God.
Psalms 2:2-12 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
Is this in direct conflict with what Paul wrote in Romans 13:1? "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God." No, not at all. God did not put Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot, or even Ronald Reagan in power no matter how much any wishes to believe He did. Our job is to first obey Him and His commandments, even if it means our own death, no matter what the civil rulers do or say. "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28. " Then Peter and the [other] apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men." Acts 5:29. The "higher powers" that are ordained of God are of God and not man are what we are to be subject to and not simply those of man.

This year, when it comes to voting for political candidates that will say anything and do anything to get elected, try voting for the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, Jesus the Christ, instead.

Upvote 0

thecountrydoc

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2006
San Marcos, CA
✟48,164.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This came in this evening from an old schoolmate of mine after I had sent him a copy of the above post.

Thank you for what you sent. I have been thinking seriously about whether to vote at all or not, especially regarding the highest office in the land, especially in regard to the statement that :"lesser of two evils is still evil." Here is something I just ran across. It is not at all intended to be an endorsement for the opposite candidate. I just happen to have it handy.
David

Letter from Barack Obama to Alice

Dear Friends,

Thank you for the opportunity to welcome everyone to the Alice B. Toklas LGBT Democratic Club's Pride Breakfast and to congratulate you on continuing a legacy of success, stretching back thirty-six years. As one of the oldest and most influential LGBT organizations in the country, you have continually rallied to support Democratic candidates and causes, and have fought tirelessly to secure equal rights and opportunities for LGBT Americans in California and throughout the country.

As the Democratic nominee for President, I am proud to join with and support the LGBT community in an effort to set our nation on a course that recognizes LGBT Americans with full equality under the law. That is why I support extending fully equal rights and benefits to same sex couples under both state and federal law. That is why I support repealing the Defense of Marriage Act and the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy, and the passage of laws to protect LGBT Americans from hate crimes and employment discrimination. And that is why I oppose the divisive and discriminatory efforts to amend the California Constitution, and similar efforts to amend the U.S. Constitution or those of other states.

For too long. issues of LGBT rights have been exploited by those seeking to divide us. It's time to move beyond polarization and live up to our founding promise of equality by treating all our citizens with dignity and respect. This is no less than a core issue about who we are as Democrats and as Americans.

Finally, I want to congratulate all of you who have shown your love for each other by getting married these last few weeks. My thanks again to the Alice B. Toklas LGBT Democratic Club for allowing me to be a part of today's celebration. I look forward to working with you in the coming months and years, and I wish you all continued success.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks Doc-hope you don't get accused of being racist for posting this remarkable letter from Obama.

The morality of a nation and it's leaders determine the longevity of that nation. If you look at history, nations such as the Roman empire imploded upon itself because of immorality (homosexuality and immoral sex practices among straights).

So what does this say about Obama? He supports abortion and deviant sexual behavior. So among his other questionable political positions, he is totally UNFIT to lead this nation. He shouldn't even be a Senator.

BTW folks--if you are wondering why the Supreme Court and the lowers courts of this country are so corrupt--keep in my that they are run by LAWYERS! Obama is a lawyer as i most of the Congress. NEVER---NEVER----NEVER vote a lawyer into the legislative or executive branches of government! There is an immediate conflict of interest when you do! And believe me--their loyalties are not toward the people--but to their 'brotherhood'.

Question-What do you call 1,000 attorneys at the bottom of the ocean?
Answer--It's a start!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.