Barack Obama, is America ready for a black president?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

catlover

Israel was also a Theocracy founded by members of the soceity that agreed to do the will of their "President" by covenant. We, as Christians, become part of that nation by accepting and doing the "Presidents" will as spoken to us by the "presidents" representatives, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Do you see this form of government in effect today in our country?

Sure they should, individually.

But the politicians make it their business to "force" everyone, at the point of a gun, to be concerned about things the politicians want people to be concerned about.

Government is interested in co-operation by force only. God is not. Therefore to take from someone what is there's, and it give to someone else for whatever high and mighty or nobel reason is still theft.

Jesus said render unto Cesar what is Cesar's. What belongs to Cesar? Nothing. What belongs to you? Nothing. What belongs to God? Everything.

Thus when a politician votes to take your hard-earned income and give to another, for whatever reason, it is government stealing from God what God has given you.

The government is not stealing from God, didn;t Jesus state render unto Caesar's what is Caesars?

By taking care of individuals and alleviating poverty it actually SAVES on taxes.

People get medical care through medicaid rather than being uninsured waiting to get medical care and using the emergency room.

Treating homeless people for disease lessens the chance of communicable diseases.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The government is not stealing from God, didn;t Jesus state render unto Caesar's what is Caesars?

And like I stated CL, "What belongs to Cesar?" Answer: Nothing. It all belongs to God.

By taking care of individuals and alleviating poverty it actually SAVES on taxes.

That's your opinion. I believe that type of help should come from the church not government.

People get medical care through medicaid rather than being uninsured waiting to get medical care and using the emergency room.

Trust me, uninsured people still get help in the emergency room.

Treating homeless people for disease lessens the chance of communicable diseases.

Sure it does. Who decides and who pays for it? Why can't the church do it? Loads of denominational, non-government operated church hospitals out there CL. Should we just turn them over to the government?

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And like I stated CL, "What belongs to Cesar?" Answer: Nothing. It all belongs to God.
Then why did Christ instruct him to give the coin to the tax collector?
That's your opinion. I believe that type of help should come from the church not government.
Historically, the church and private indivuals haven't adequently taken care of it. We would have had a revolution in the 30s if the government hadn't stepped in.
Trust me, uninsured people still get help in the emergency room.

Legally, they have to. But who pays for it? Do you want our hospitals all going out of business? Or having to charge even more to the people who go their honestly?

Sure it does. Who decides and who pays for it? Why can't the church do it? Loads of denominational, non-government operated church hospitals out there CL. Should we just turn them over to the government?

They don't do enough.

JM

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then why did Christ instruct him to give the coin to the tax collector?

As long as Cesar "thinks" something is "his" then it is "his." But just because he "thinks" something is "his" doesn't mean that it is "his."

For example, if I steal your car and hold it out as my own, and over time I convince myself that the car I stole from you is actually mine doesn't change the fact that it was stolen does it?

Historically, the church and private indivuals haven't adequently taken care of it. We would have had a revolution in the 30s if the government hadn't stepped in.

Historcially, in this country at least (and in lots of others where family is important) the family and the church took care of those who were down on their luck, or under some extordinary circumstance.

Legally, they have to. But who pays for it? Do you want our hospitals all going out of business? Or having to charge even more to the people who go their honestly?

Isn't true that if this was a truly Christian nation that all health care would be no charge and supported by the collective will of the church as opposed to government?

Did the preist of Israel charge a fee for checking on people and seeing if they were clean or not?

They don't do enough.

That's your opinion JM.

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As long as Cesar "thinks" something is "his" then it is "his." But just because he "thinks" something is "his" doesn't mean that it is "his."

For example, if I steal your car and hold it out as my own, and over time I convince myself that the car I stole from you is actually mine doesn't change the fact that it was stolen does it?
Doesn't change the defacto. And the money definitely isn't yours, in any case.
Historcially, in this country at least (and in lots of others where family is important) the family and the church took care of those who were down on their luck, or under some extordinary circumstance.
Have you read much history? In the 19th and early 20th century, the church and family did an attrocious job of caring for those who had problems. To be honest, family tried (and still tries), but things got to be too big for family to take care of it.
Isn't true that if this was a truly Christian nation that all health care would be no charge and supported by the collective will of the church as opposed to government?
But the church hasn't done it. And can't do it with the level of support it has (I think).
Did the preist of Israel charge a fee for checking on people and seeing if they were clean or not?
Medicine today is far better then it was 3000 years ago, and far more costly. Doctors can not work for free, it just isn't possible.
That's your opinion JM.
It's pretty much fact. Any time that society gets to a breaking point because of people not being cared for... then not enough is being done to care for people. This happened in this country in the 1930s. And I can easily point to all those who don't have enoug hout there to say that not enough is being done.

I personally think that anyone who thinks that enough is being done to help the poor and downtrowden is a horrible person.. and lacking something in their soul.

Jon Miller

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
and I will once more say, Ron Paul's gold standard idea is retarded

there is a reason why every country on earth moved away from it, and that is because it doesn't make sense in current economics

it is like going back to bartering

JM
And you think the gold standard-which BTW, JFK was about the reinstate, is anymore insane than the Jesuit, immoral FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES??????

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Catlover---and I agree. But what this country DOES need is go to back to it's foundation of a country of true freedom without the government in your bed and on your back from birth to the grave!

Tax his land, Tax his bed,
Tax the table At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor, Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes are the rule.

Tax his cow, Tax his goat,
Tax his pants, Tax his coat.

Tax his ties, Tax his shirt,
Tax his work, Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,Tax his drink,
Tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his cigars, Tax his beers,
If he cries, then tax his tears.

Tax his car, Tax his gas,
Find other ways to tax his ass

Tax all he has then let him know
That you won't be done till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers, then tax him some more,
Tax him till he's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin, tax his grave,
Tax the sod in which he's laid.

Put these words upon his tomb,
"Taxes drove me to my doom..."

When he's gone, do not relax,
Its time to apply the inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax,
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Interest expense
Inventory tax
IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Road usage taxes
Sales Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

COMMENTS: Most these taxes did not exist 100 years ago, and our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids. What happened?

And NOW I have to "press 1" for English?
Amen sister!

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That doesnt mean we shouldn't do anything for people who are poor and NOT make sure people have basic necessities such as clean drinking water, food etc.
I agree that we should help the poor, but the Bible also says that he who does not work should not eat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And you think the gold standard-which BTW, JFK was about the reinstate, is anymore insane than the Jesuit, immoral FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES??????

JFK was a terrible president, one of our worse.

It doesn't matter what sort of things are used to keep track of it, I will note that having a central group making the 'legal' tender makes things a lot less confusing and easier for those doing business. As such, having the federal goverment do things makes a lot of sense.

I don't see how federal reserve notes are in any way immoral (well, more immoral then living in this country).

And yes, I know that I might have just been trolled.

Jon Miller

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree that we should help the poor, but the Bible also says that he who does not work should not eat.

Some people can't work. You need to read the whole Bible, and not jsut the sentence that agrees with what you think.

JM

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
America is more diverse than it was 40 years ago, there is no biggy with pressing 1 for English. The Europeans know more than one language. I don't see the big deal with people being bilingual.
Nothing wrong at all about about being bilingual--if it's VOLUNTARY!!!!! Why should anyone in this or any other country be FORCED against their will, in their OWN ENGLISH speaking nation to do have another language thrust upon them by those who shouldn't be here in the first place? Why is this county catering to CRIMINALS?

And personally, I don't give a darn what Europe does. It's what happening HERE that concerns me. Remember that a nation divided against itself--CANNOT long stand.

Ac 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't change the defacto. And the money definitely isn't yours, in any case.

Indeed. I think I made that point already. It all belongs to God.

Have you read much history? In the 19th and early 20th century, the church and family did an attrocious job of caring for those who had problems. To be honest, family tried (and still tries), but things got to be too big for family to take care of it.

Yes, I've read a tremendous amount of history. In regards to your point however the church and family still did more than the government did for people, and that's the way it should be.

But the church hasn't done it. And can't do it with the level of support it has (I think).

In terms of the present situation I would say you are right. But get government out of the way of social engineering and I think you'll find people will voluntarily put therir money into their churches.

Did the Carnagie's of the world give their riches away because they were forced to or because they wanted to?

Medicine today is far better then it was 3000 years ago, and far more costly. Doctors can not work for free, it just isn't possible.

All true. But why couldn't they be on the churches payroll, just like a pastor is, instead of doing it for a "profit?"

It's pretty much fact. Any time that society gets to a breaking point because of people not being cared for... then not enough is being done to care for people.

Honestly JM can you name one instance in history where the revolution started because of lack of medical care and social welfare programs?

This happened in this country in the 1930s. And I can easily point to all those who don't have enoug hout there to say that not enough is being done.

There was no revolution in this country JM as a result of the depression. There were however opportunistic politicians that used the depression as an excuse to thin the herd some.

I personally think that anyone who thinks that enough is being done to help the poor and downtrowden is a horrible person.. and lacking something in their soul.

Mark 14:7
For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.

We can never do enough, but certainly we shouldn't condemn everyone. There are loads of folks worldwide that give their time, effort and money to help the less fortunate.

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Some people can't work. You need to read the whole Bible, and not jsut the sentence that agrees with what you think.

JM
If they can't work then they are poor and should be eligible for help, but an able bodied man or woman making excuses as to not being able to find work I don't have much sympathy for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing wrong at all about about being bilingual--if it's VOLUNTARY!!!!! Why should anyone in this or any other country be FORCED against their will, in their OWN ENGLISH speaking nation to do have another language thrust upon them by those who shouldn't be here in the first place? Why is this county catering to CRIMINALS?

And personally, I don't give a darn what Europe does. It's what happening HERE that concerns me. Remember that a nation divided against itself--CANNOT long stand.

Ac 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Yes!!!! Why not press one for Spanish? I don't understand it. If I go to a foreign country to live should I not make an attempt to be able to communicate with them? I think so, but hey I'm just an American.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟454,215.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If they can't work then they are poor and should be eligible for help, but an able bodied man or woman making excuses as to not being able to find work I don't have much sympathy for.

Nobody works in America, they just sit behind their keyboard and vent their spleen at their favourite forum or myspace or other website...;)

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey JM…you said…

Take note that 1933 was when the federal income tax was instituted. If people can keep their own money, they WOULD have money to go to the doctor.

Too late JM. Hospitals all over America are shutting down because they cannot endure the onslaught of millions of illegal aliens swarming their facilities.

http://www.nshp.org/?q=node/717

http://www.alipac.us/article459.html

Madeleine Pelner Cosman, author of a report in the spring issue of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, is particularly concerned with increases in multiple drug-resistant tuberculosis, chagas disease, dengue fever, polio, hepatitis A, B, and C, she told Lou Dobbs on CNN last night.

"Certain diseases that we thought we had vanquished years ago are coming back, and other diseases that we've never seen or rarely seen in America, because they've always been the diseases of poverty and the third world, are coming in now," she said.

As WorldNetDaily reported last month, even leprosy is suddenly on the radar of health officials.

Cosman recommends closing the border to all illegal traffic, rescinding the citizenship of "anchor babies," those born in the U.S. to parents of illegals, and making the aiding and abetting of illegals a crime and an end to all future amnesty programs. (AMEN to that)

"We have a terrible, absolutely vicious, law called EMTALA: the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, which is really the culprit that requires every emergency room, and every physician of an emergency room, to treat illegal aliens for free," she said.

Cosman said 84 hospitals in California have been forced to close because of the high cost of treating illegal aliens with only 50 percent of all treatments reimbursed by government.

I’m not going to take up hundreds of pages full of horror stories of hospital closings and all the other tragedies being forced down our throats by unscrupulous Senators and Presidents. But I really do wish that more Americans would come out of their stupor and see what’s taking place.

Yes, some taxes ARE necessary. But unapportioned taxes and taxes on our wages, land and possessions is treasonous to a sovereign people.

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And so the answer is to support the hospitals less? The government said that they had to treat people. Which is good (and it is because we, the voting citizens, wanted that).

Additionally, the people who were screwed in the 1930s, weren't the ones who were paying the income tax. The wealthy were quite content to screw the poor. It is just that if they were allowed to, the poor would rebel and we would no longer have the United States of America. Thus, some wealthy decided to use the votes of the poor to pass measures to assist them... to keep a revolt from happening.

The revolt did happen in other places where like measures were not implemented. That is where many of the fascist and communist nations of the 40s/50s/etc came from.

JM

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.