Barack Obama, is America ready for a black president?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The ONLY logical choice for a Christian is to vote for Ron Paul! He stands for EVERYTHING a Christian should stand for and his voting record PROVES it!

Hey, wait just a minute HTS! :)

I made my choice already.....

I choose not to vote for any of these guys, I'll vote for Jesus.

Upvote 0

DrStupid_Ben

Apr 22, 2006
Cenral Coast, NSW
✟8,105.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
The ONLY logical choice for a Christian is to vote for Ron Paul! He stands for EVERYTHING a Christian should stand for and his voting record PROVES it!
Would you mind providing a more detailed comparisson of Christian beliefs and Ron Paul?

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
See folks, this Obama guy wants YOU and me to support the WORLD! He talks about change-but it's the same ole-same ole Washington rape of the USA citizen. Obama is a globleist folks--he is no different then Bush or the other ONE WORLD ORDER fanatics. Our nation is is BIG financial trouble and this #$%%^ person is pushing a bill to spent money we don't have?? Would you call that insanity? I sure would.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]OBAMA'S GLOBAL TAX PROPOSAL UP FOR SENATE VOTE[/FONT]
By Cliff Kincaid
February 13, 2008
NewsWithViews.com
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]A nice-sounding bill called the “Global Poverty Act,” sponsored by Democratic presidential candidate and Senator Barack Obama, is up for a Senate vote on Thursday and could result in the imposition of a global tax on the United States. The bill, which has the support of many liberal religious groups, makes levels of U.S. foreign aid spending subservient to the dictates of the United Nations. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Senator Joe Biden, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has not endorsed either Senator Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton in the presidential race. But on Thursday, February 14, he is trying to rush Obama’s “Global Poverty Act” (S.2433) through his committee. The legislation would commit the U.S. to spending 0.7 percent of gross national product on foreign aid, which amounts to a phenomenal 13-year total of $845 billion over and above what the U.S. already spends. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The bill, which is item number four on the committee’s business meeting agenda, passed the House by a voice vote last year because most members didn’t realize what was in it. Congressional sponsors have been careful not to calculate the amount of foreign aid spending that it would require. According to the website of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, no hearings have been held on the Obama bill in that body. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]A release from the Obama Senate office about the bill declares, “In 2000, the U.S. joined more than 180 countries at the United Nations Millennium Summit and vowed to reduce global poverty by 2015. We are halfway towards this deadline, and it is time the United States makes it a priority of our foreign policy to meet this goal and help those who are struggling day to day.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The legislation itself requires the President “to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to further the United States foreign policy objective of promoting the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The bill defines the term “Millennium Development Goals” as the goals set out in the United Nations Millennium Declaration, General Assembly Resolution 55/2 (2000). [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The U.N. says that “The commitment to provide 0.7% of gross national product (GNP) as official development assistance was first made 35 years ago in a General Assembly resolution, but it has been reaffirmed repeatedly over the years, including at the 2002 global Financing for Development conference in Monterrey, Mexico. However, in 2004, total aid from the industrialized countries totaled just $78.6 billion—or about 0.25% of their collective GNP.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]In addition to seeking to eradicate poverty, that declaration commits nations to banning “small arms and light weapons” and ratifying a series of treaties, including the International Criminal Court Treaty, the Kyoto Protocol (global warming treaty), the Convention on Biological Diversity, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women, and the Convention on the Rights of the Child. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Millennium Declaration also affirms the U.N. as “the indispensable common house of the entire human family, through which we will seek to realize our universal aspirations for peace, cooperation and development.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Jeffrey Sachs, who runs the U.N.’s “Millennium Project,” says that the U.N. plan to force the U.S. to pay 0.7 percent of GNP in increased foreign aid spending would add $65 billion a year to what the U.S. already spends. Over a 13-year period, from 2002, when the U.N.’s Financing for Development conference was held, to the target year of 2015, when the U.S. is expected to meet the “Millennium Development Goals,” this amounts to $845 billion. And the only way to raise that kind of money, Sachs has written, is through a global tax, preferably on carbon-emitting fossil fuels. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Obama’s bill has only six co-sponsors. They are Senators Maria Cantwell, Dianne Feinstein, Richard Lugar, Richard Durbin, Chuck Hagel and Robert Menendez. But it appears that Biden and Obama see passage of this bill as a way to highlight Democratic Party priorities in the Senate. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The House version (H.R. 1302), sponsored by Rep. Adam Smith (D-Wash.), had only 84 co-sponsors before it was suddenly brought up on the House floor last September 25 and was passed by voice vote. House Republicans were caught off-guard, unaware that the pro-U.N. measure committed the U.S. to spending hundreds of billions of dollars. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]It appears the Senate version is being pushed not only by Biden and Obama, a member of the committee, but Lugar, the ranking Republican member. Lugar has worked with Obama in the past to promote more foreign aid for Russia, supposedly to stem nuclear proliferation, and has become Obama’s mentor. Like Biden, Lugar is a globalist. They have both promoted passage of the U.N.’s Law of the Sea Treaty, for example. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The so-called “Lugar-Obama initiative” was modeled after the Nunn-Lugar program, also known as the Cooperative Threat Reduction (CTR) program, which was designed to eliminate weapons of mass destruction in the former Soviet Union. But one defense analyst, Rich Kelly, noted evidence that “CTR funds have eased the Russian military’s budgetary woes, freeing resources for such initiatives as the war in Chechnya and defense modernization.” He recommended that Congress “eliminate CTR funding so that it does not finance additional, perhaps more threatening, programs in the former Soviet Union.” However, over $6 billion has already been spent on the program. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Another program modeled on Nunn-Lugar, the Initiatives for Proliferation Prevention (IPP), was recently exposed as having funded nuclear projects in Iran through Russia. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]More foreign aid through passage of the Global Poverty Act was identified as one of the strategic goals of InterAction, the alliance of U.S-based international non-governmental organizations that lobbies for more foreign aid. The group is heavily financed by the U.S. Government, having received $1.4 million from taxpayers in fiscal year 2005 and $1.7 million in 2006. However, InterAction recently issued a report accusing the United States of “falling short on its commitment to rid the world of dire poverty by 2015 under the U.N. Millennium Development Goals…”[/FONT]​

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]It’s not clear what President Bush would do if the bill passes the Senate. The bill itself quotes Bush as declaring that “We fight against poverty because opportunity is a fundamental right to human dignity.” Bush’s former top aide, Michael J. Gerson, writes in his new book, Heroic Conservatism, that Bush should be remembered as the President who “sponsored the largest percentage increases in foreign assistance since the Marshall Plan…”[/FONT]​

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Even these increases, however, will not be enough to satisfy the requirements of the Obama bill. A global tax will clearly be necessary to force American taxpayers to provide the money. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Americans who would like their senators to know what they are voting on can contact them through information at this official Senate site.[/FONT]

BTW--didn't Jesus even tell us that the poor would always be?

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Would you mind providing a more detailed comparisson of Christian beliefs and Ron Paul?
Ben, Ron stands for FREEDOM--first and foremost. He believes that taking care of the poor, the elderly, the family, etc. is the job of the church and the local community--NOT the Federal government. He is anti-big government and see's the Federal Reserve as the evil monster that it is and wants to get it off the backs of every American.

For a glimpse into who the FEDS really are, see this..

http://www.pacinst.com/terrorists/preamble.html

This is why we need Ron, he is not owned by the FEDS or ANY special interest group.

Go to his web site and look at his beliefs. He is the genuine patriot of this campaign. Also-look at his voting record for the past 16 years. NO ONE can equal him as a champion for TRUE freedom and the Constitution.

www.ronpaul.com

Upvote 0

moicherie

True Brit
Oct 13, 2005
United Kingdom
✟16,811.00
Faith
SDA
Of course you have the right. But don't you also have the moral obligation to not to vote for a candidate who supports killing babies?
is the same moral obligation to support candidates who supports not killing adults or bombing abortion clinics and shooting medical staff who do the procedure?

Upvote 0

moicherie

True Brit
Oct 13, 2005
United Kingdom
✟16,811.00
Faith
SDA
Ben, Ron stands for FREEDOM--first and foremost. He believes that taking care of the poor, the elderly, the family, etc. is the job of the church and the local community--NOT the Federal government. He is anti-big government and see's the Federal Reserve as the evil monster that it is and wants to get it off the backs of every American.

For a glimpse into who the FEDS really are, see this..

http://www.pacinst.com/terrorists/preamble.html

This is why we need Ron, he is not owned by the FEDS or ANY special interest group.

Go to his web site and look at his beliefs. He is the genuine patriot of this campaign. Also-look at his voting record for the past 16 years. NO ONE can equal him as a champion for TRUE freedom and the Constitution.

www.ronpaul.com
The biblical nation of Israel looked after its poor etc, it did not rely on the community or the priests to do so, are you suggesting politicians should have no interest in looking after the weak in its society?

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The biblical nation of Israel looked after its poor etc, it did not rely on the community or the priests to do so, are you suggesting politicians should have no interest in looking after the weak in its society?
If you think for one minute that politicians truly care for helping the weak and poor, I have some ocean front property in Arizona I think you may be interested in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The last thing this country needs is a theocracy.
Hi Catlover---and I agree. But what this country DOES need is go to back to it's foundation of a country of true freedom without the government in your bed and on your back from birth to the grave!

Tax his land, Tax his bed,
Tax the table At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor, Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes are the rule.

Tax his cow, Tax his goat,
Tax his pants, Tax his coat.

Tax his ties, Tax his shirt,
Tax his work, Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,Tax his drink,
Tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his cigars, Tax his beers,
If he cries, then tax his tears.

Tax his car, Tax his gas,
Find other ways to tax his ass

Tax all he has then let him know
That you won't be done till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers, then tax him some more,
Tax him till he's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin, tax his grave,
Tax the sod in which he's laid.

Put these words upon his tomb,
"Taxes drove me to my doom..."

When he's gone, do not relax,
Its time to apply the inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax,
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Interest expense
Inventory tax
IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Road usage taxes
Sales Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

COMMENTS: Most these taxes did not exist 100 years ago, and our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids. What happened?

And NOW I have to "press 1" for English?

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That doesnt mean we shouldn't do anything for people who are poor and NOT make sure people have basic necessities such as clean drinking water, food etc.
I agree Cat--but it should be a voluntary loving effort--not a FORCED tax that removes the personal blessings we receive when we obey that impulse.

Upvote 0

Adventtruth

God is the Gospel!
Sep 7, 2006
Raliegh Durham North Carolina
✟18,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi Catlover---and I agree. But what this country DOES need is go to back to it's foundation of a country of true freedom without the government in your bed and on your back from birth to the grave!

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax,
Fuel permit tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Interest expense
Inventory tax
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Road usage taxes
Sales Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle Sales Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

COMMENTS: Most these taxes did not exist 100 years ago, and our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids. What happened?

Hi Honor.:) I see you have lots of passion in political matters. But kindly don't forget...your are just passing through.

AT

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Honor.:) I see you have lots of passion in political matters. But kindly don't forget...your are just passing through.

AT
ROFL--I guess you are right--I am passionate about whats going on in this country today. I haven't always been this involved, but some personal things have forced me into the fray and has opened my eyes wide to the total corruption that has taken over.

EGW tells us NOT to sit idly by and allow evil to prevail. So I thought I would do my part--lol!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,007.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

AT

AT,

Glad to see you come by...

What do you think, should Christians vote for men who want to lead the nation and proclaim their support of Christian principles, or do we ignore anything to do with earthly leaders and government.

Red

1 Peter 2:17
Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The biblical nation of Israel looked after its poor etc, it did not rely on the community or the priests to do so,

Israel was also a Theocracy founded by members of the soceity that agreed to do the will of their "President" by covenant. We, as Christians, become part of that nation by accepting and doing the "Presidents" will as spoken to us by the "presidents" representatives, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Do you see this form of government in effect today in our country?

are you suggesting politicians should have no interest in looking after the weak in its society?

Sure they should, individually.

But the politicians make it their business to "force" everyone, at the point of a gun, to be concerned about things the politicians want people to be concerned about.

Government is interested in co-operation by force only. God is not. Therefore to take from someone what is there's, and it give to someone else for whatever high and mighty or nobel reason is still theft.

Jesus said render unto Cesar what is Cesar's. What belongs to Cesar? Nothing. What belongs to you? Nothing. What belongs to God? Everything.

Thus when a politician votes to take your hard-earned income and give to another, for whatever reason, it is government stealing from God what God has given you.

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
the government is all about force (it is legal for government to use force, in fact required for everything that isn't anarchistic), without the forcing of taxation (which is legal! by precident!) it wouldn't be able to function in todays modern world

without the welfare/etc, there would have been a revolution last century, for one

JM

Upvote 0
C

catlover

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax,
Fuel permit tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Interest expense
Inventory tax
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Road usage taxes
Sales Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle Sales Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

America is more diverse than it was 40 years ago, there is no biggy with pressing 1 for English. The Europeans know more than one language. I don't see the big deal with people being bilingual.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.