Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I did believe that but now I believe as I do not know I should not teach that as I can not know it is true to mislead others and should leave that to God but I should teach it as required as far as we know and leave it to God who knows I believe it is only required to desire it because you could not have chance to do it but if you have opportunity you should do it because you don’t know if by neglecting to do it if you will have chance to repent if one knows he will die within a few moments before he called on God supposing it was required that one could die unexpectedly because he was not baptized or did not have communion but if one ever desired it before he died not knowing he will die within moments if he does not have opportunity he would be accepted. Also communion must not be done at home when there is church gathering as God wants it done among many and communion is not to be taken lightly it is only to be taken if you are in a relationship with God if you have sought to repent of your sins confessing your sins to God that He may take them away in communion and help you do will of God supposing it is required to have communion to do it it is actually not required to do it if the rest of the body does not have chance but if others are receiving it as they have opportunity in house churches you should receive it too as often as you are prepared for only God knows how often you need it but and should never be taken if you are not prepared and it is not to be taken in churches often either if you are not repenting

Without any punctuation, I cannot make out what you are trying to say here.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
I believe I was right to trust God as God is just so if a person believed in Him yet was persuaded later baptism is not necessary to be saved but just should be done as a profession of commitment as a testimony that one is commiting to Christian faith to make disciples then I have faith one would be accepted but one can do so if one thinks he must I don’t think we can judge I believe God will accept if they are worried and think He won’t they can do so I believe even if one refuses to be baptised now even if he heard plausible arguments why it is required if he is not convinced and believes he does not need it trusting in God because He is just that He would not require it believing indeed that He would not require it as God cares about the heart and believes it is not required because if one was following Him but he chose not to and just because he did not get baptized or break bread with someone often that God would reject him because of a ritual so one just may not believe it really though if he really believes such is essential he can do but some do not really believe such is essential myself too trusting God is just not believing God would really care for such rituals to save people. And some may believe as bible says we were not saved by works as Galatians says you were saved by faith not born of the will of man and we received the Spirit by faith and not works of the law

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
Actually as I can not know for sure if God will judge me if I did not obey His words exactly as I think it may be and as I do not want to mislead people though I believe God might accept I believe people should be baptised and have communion if they have opportunity it is not required if there is no opportunity as Jesus said do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul so no one can take your soul from you if you are not rejecting the truth you know as no one can if you don’t know truth as long as you repent in that moment to seek to obey the truth but one is required to have it if they have opportunity or they could die unexpectedly because they do not have it while they can supposing it is required it would not be required if one is alive and there is no chance for it as everything that has breath can be saved it is only required to have it while it is available so if one can have it where he is he should have it or he could die unexpectedly so one should have them and leave judgement to God though I believe others might be saved without it because they seek to follow God and do not believe doing such would be required because they seek to follow Him and do not think it is required to attend services often for them to maintain their salvation and connection with God

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
I think I was wrong some may not believe baptism and communion is required but if you don’t know it is not I can not speak for God as it could be required and I cant say person has excuse because Jesus said to do it so if they really are true followers they would do it

baptism was said to be done for remission of sins so if that is the case why does one need communion I suppose maybe it is necessary for previous sins to be forgiven and to make one prepared to see one sins so that it can be forgiven in communion

I would have wanted to follow the below but I can not know for sure we do not know I believe believers may have Holy Spirit when they believe but I can’t speak for God baptism may still be required for spirit baptism to be buried with Christ and rise with Him not just for it to dwell to teach but to transform

I believe every believer can be saved because I believe they have Holy Spirit as gentiles had it upon belief and Paul said did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or hearing of faith and no one say Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit and by the Spirit they can be lead to know God will and to do it God speaks to them and shows them His will so they can be saved as they do His will but you need baptism to be saved upon death as it washes away previous sins and helps prepare heart for forgiveness of sins now by allowing soul to see its condition for it to be prepared for healing now and purification of soul in communion to unite it with God now as baptism is being born of water that is to allow soul to be able to see its condition as one prays so that it can be ready to be transformed and healed by having communion to unite the soul to God as a requirement for communion is that one examines themselves and is repentant so that the healing can happen in communion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
I believe it is right to trust God that He would only care if one believes and serves Him as His acceptance of us didn’t depend on anything we did but because He loved us we love Him for He loved us He wants to win us and gain our love so He would not force conditions except one heart ones worship and will to love God with all your mind heart soul and strength to know Him for who He truly is as love as it says He who gave His own Son how shall He not with Him freely give us all things and Jesus said He gives Holy Spirit to those who ask Him

As Peter said we should not trouble gentiles who are turning to God but write to them to avoid sexual immorality serving idols and things strangled of blood He does not want there to be any obstacle to people following Christ though they should follow because they think it is unjust that people perish just because at the time they were not convinced by others the absolute need to be baptized and to have communion often and believe it is better not to teach it necessary for church to be united and to witness better to not ignore others and forget them that we should learn from and not believing anyway God would judge anyone by ritual but by the heart and not wanting to stumble others not believing wanting to attract more to truth but if anyone is worried he can be baptized and have communion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
I believe rather we should get baptised and have communion and leave judgement to Him if we don’t know as it is up to Him and also one should join church if it is practicable but it may be following church is not practical but one should do so as I don’t know if unbaptised have strength in persecution or if God accepts them though I hope He does I can not know

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
As I said in below thread I believe we should trust as we know also people have had strength it comes down to if they will trust which if they refuse to believe not having strong roots to believe they may be less likely to do but it may be required if persons knew more of the gospel for them to know what was required for them to have to be living right then they must if they didn’t know they would not be excused still if nothing prevented them from knowing if they did not have opportunity to hear as then it would not be the terrorists as cause of innocent person dying but the persons because they don’t fear God

I have this feeling I should obey this

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
I believe baptism and maybe communion may be important if you have opportunity to do it is not for me to say if I don’t know but I should leave it up to God to know if it is not required or if it is

it is not required if you don’t get opportunity to do it if you are still alive and there is no chance to you have to wish to do it God knows people heart if they would have desired to do it if one told them if they are willing to obey

this comes from below site they believe it is important to obey but has no power to do anything I don’t believe it does not have power but it is not required to do before if you didn’t get opportunity but to be willing to do it if you knew it may be required

Baptism

“Does his story negate the importance of obedience? No, it simply puts obedience in proper perspective. Any step taken is a response to salvation offered, not an effort at salvation earned. In the end, God has the right to save any heart, for he and only he sees the heart.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
I believe actually God wants me to trust Him as what I said before that God is not unjust and will not let people perish for not knowing or if they did not want to do as they think it gives wrong image of God unfairness and harshness to stumble others for others not being saved because they had not been told the truth but if others are worried they can get baptized and have communion

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
I believe rather I do not need to it is not harsh from me as I am not judging as it is word of God it is up to God to decide as I don’t know it would be wrong not to say truth so I shouldn’t go against bible we should follow it and leave judgement to God if we don’t know therefore people should be baptised and have communion if they are still able and leave judgement to God as at the end people will be judged by word of God and though I could understand it wrong if I don’t know it is not good to risk it

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
I believe I was wrong and it is right to trust Jesus to preach that He does not require it He just wants people heart to repent to follow Him. As we know God is just and does not turn away from those who seek to do what is right and we know Jesus is God for only He fulfilled prophecies and people must believe as He is the truth and He made a new covenant having laws we are now required to fulfill to allow for our forgiveness as before Old Testament did not have forgiveness of sins it was not promised

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
I think it is right to leave judgement to God that people should be baptised and have communion if they have opportunity because we don’t know they are not required and leave judgement to God who knows it is not required it could be only baptism is required but I don’t know so people should have communion if they don’t know they are not required. But I don’t like that there are divisions and I don’t know if I trust others if I can follow what they say if I can follow it outside I have not found God I have not been able to find assurance so I want to know for sure I am following the truth so I want to join church to follow it if it is practical to follow then I think it is right to follow it could be truth you have to follow

I thought to follow what I wrote above in this post but I believe it is wrong I made decision to follow below

I have this feeling I should obey this

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doug Brents

Aug 30, 2021
Atlanta, GA
✟14,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sacrament is a term for something that, in and of itself, confers grace upon the participants.
There is no such thing.

Baptism, without having heard the Word, repentance, and confessing the name of Christ, does nothing but get a person wet.

Consuming the Lords Supper without properly discerning the Body of Christ is to partake of damnation rather than grace.

There is nothing that, in and of itself confers grace.

• Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
I believe that is true for adults but I’m not sure for children who though they would never be eternally condemned yet baptism helps them have forgiveness now but once you are adult if you don’t believe it does nothing it becomes effective to give grace to allow people sins to be forgiven in this world to wash away sins the moment one is baptised and to allow one to continue to have one sins washed away by preparing soul to be ready for it to be forgiven to see its condition being able to talk to God but to have sins forgiven in communion to transform it

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
I believe when bible says you need to be born of water and the Spirit it is talking about spiritual birth regeneration as Christ alone regenerates and water is the work made by Christ on one thoughts on hearing gospel to believe it to cleanse one understanding completely from ignorance as we are born in ignorance like dirt causing blind vision and error in thinking and one attachment to sin in one thoughts to stop the sin and when you do you receive the Spirit to walk in Him as we experience that only when we believe but it does not take sin away.Jesus still says elsewhere to tell disciples to baptise and he who believes and is baptised will be saved and he who does not believe is condemned. Baptism washes the sin from one soul to be remade now to be buried and rise with Christ to take sins off now not just to renew the mind but soul too to be remade and that is all that is required to be saved now.

Communion is also required to be united to God now fully to take away sins now to have life now by allowing one to commune with God fully for soul to be changed to be healed now to be saved upon death. One is still saved as one obeys but changes in soul do not come to be united to God now but it is not required to have communion if you have just been baptised and you are going to die if you die before you have opportunity to have communion so it is said he who believes and is baptised will be saved.

But if one dies as martyr perhaps one will be saved immediately but perhaps not that person can not be fully united to God now without it as Christ commanded us to eat His body and drink His blood to commune with Him to unite with Him that it is a command given that one has to keep to allow person to be united to God now but one will still be saved to be able to unite with God in world to come. All have to be martyrs if occasion comes as God tests one who believed if he needs to be tested so one has to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
Or perhaps baptism and communion is required to have done to ensure you die being united to God fully after obeying His will that you need to be saved you need to also have your sins taken away and to be transformed to have communion with God which you get by the sacraments to be ready to be saved upon death but are not required if you live on if you can not be but if you die for the Lord you will be saved immediately.If you do not die for the Lord you need baptism and communion to be saved upon death. I believe anyone can be saved even if he was not baptised or had communion as all things that have breath are told to praise Him because they still have chance to be saved as bible says God is not willing for any to perish but all to come to repentance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,146.00
Faith
Christian
Perhaps you need baptism to be initially transformed and communion to continue to be transformed so that you can demonstrate the fruit to be like Christ in your heart not just to obey because you must which you can and you need to demonstrate such fruit to be saved on death.

Upvote 0