• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bad headaches

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I have suffered from severe headaches since the day I found my Father had commited suicide. I have never had them before, At least to this extent.
I have been having them everyday now and Tuesday was a month since this happened.
Do you think it is stress? Or related somehow?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have suffered from severe headaches since the day I found my Father had commited suicide. I have never had them before, At least to this extent.
I have been having them everyday now and Tuesday was a month since this happened.
Do you think it is stress? Or related somehow?

:heart: I'm thinking it's the horrendous stress and even trauma of what shocked you and what you've been enduring, with added stress and lack of support.

It's by the grace of God that you are getting through this, moment-by-moment-by-moment.

The severe and constant headaches are possibly a side effect of the tsunami of stress(es) that you've endured, along with the heart-wrenching loss and grief of your father.

Praying, Scotty, that God intervenes as only He can and that He protects, defends, comforts, and heals you in this most difficult chapter of the grieving stage. May He strengthen and sustain you and be the Lifter of your head, my friend. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
:heart: I'm thinking it's the horrendous stress and even trauma of what shocked you and what you've been enduring, with added stress and lack of support.

It's by the grace of God that you are getting through this, moment-by-moment-by-moment.

The severe and constant headaches are possibly a side effect of the tsunami of stress(es) that you've endured, along with the heart-wrenching loss and grief of your father.

Praying, Scotty, that God intervenes as only He can and that He protects, defends, comforts, and heals you in this most difficult chapter of the grieving stage. May He strengthen and sustain you and be the Lifter of your head, my friend. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))
Thank you so much Sister. I am doing ok but yesterday was another hit with my friends son doing it too. Wow, This seems so unreal and like I am living in a nightmare. I guess this is the reason for these headaches . Bless you :]

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would think so. Try drinking pure water consistently through the day. It will help flush a lot of toxins out of brain and body. Blessings.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes of course.
How is your sleep?
How well are you eating?
How are you holding this stress in your body?

Your body might be lacking a mineral or nutrient that either you aren't giving it due to poor eating, or it may need more of it due to the stress.

You need to have restorative sleep... make sure you aren't just flopping exhausted into the bed at night. Get a good one hour sleep routine, shut down all electronics, meditate, drink water...

Do a body check of muscle tightness throughout the day. Check your "body language" as well...what phrases are you hearing, telling yourself : keep a stiff upper lip, be strong- stand firm, this process is a pain in my neck. Stuff like that translates to the brain. THE BRAIN HAS NO OPINION OF IT'S OWN it creates chemicals and runs the body by what you think, the orders you give it.

Are you clenching your jaw, grinding? The headaches can easily be caused by tight muscles and ligaments connected to the TMJs and headaches will abound!

Feel better soon.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes of course.
How is your sleep?
How well are you eating?
How are you holding this stress in your body?

Your body might be lacking a mineral or nutrient that either you aren't giving it due to poor eating, or it may need more of it due to the stress.

You need to have restorative sleep... make sure you aren't just flopping exhausted into the bed at night. Get a good one hour sleep routine, shut down all electronics, meditate, drink water...

Do a body check of muscle tightness throughout the day. Check your "body language" as well...what phrases are you hearing, telling yourself : keep a stiff upper lip, be strong- stand firm, this process is a pain in my neck. Stuff like that translates to the brain. THE BRAIN HAS NO OPINION OF IT'S OWN it creates chemicals and runs the body by what you think, the orders you give it.

Are you clenching your jaw, grinding? The headaches can easily be caused by tight muscles and ligaments connected to the TMJs and headaches will abound!

Feel better soon.
Eating is not so good. However I am sleeping better now. I drink way to much coffee and not enough water and that is one problem. Thank You

• Friendly
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you so much Sister. I am doing ok but yesterday was another hit with my friends son doing it too. Wow, This seems so unreal and like I am living in a nightmare. I guess this is the reason for these headaches . Bless you :]

:heart: This is a God-carrying-you time, my friend. Praying that He guides you and gives you the strength to take care of yourself, and that He gently takes from you ALL that is not meant for you to carry, and gives you peace and rest. May His healing commence in your body, mind, heart, and spirit, Scotty. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry to hear this. Praying for you as well.

A few years ago a older gentleman tenant of mine who had been suffering severe long-time physical problems suddenly returned to his family's farm, where he committed suicide. His son-in-law came to retrieve his belongings from his apartment. He was so distraught that he couldn't stop crying, he loved this man so much. I too was touched by the event as I was very fond of him as well. He was a sweet man, and I liked him from the very first gentle word he spoke to me when I met him.

It is stressful for a family to come to terms with such an event, especially if the person is so loved as this man was. I don't know what your relationship was with your father, but it may have somewhat to do with your headaches. God bless.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Eating is not so good. However I am sleeping better now. I drink way to much coffee and not enough water and that is one problem. Thank You

Drink distilled water, Scotty. I ain't tellin' ya' what to do, but distilled water is the purest, and it removes toxins from your body. It's usually sold in stores in gallon jugs. If you have some lemons, cut one in half and squeeze half of it in a half glass of water (distilled is best) and then put a 1/4 tsp of baking soda in it. Do this over the sink, cuz it turns into a bubbling up volcano, so to speak. Then just drink it down.

Hugs n' prayers :hug:

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Sorry to hear this. Praying for you as well.

A few years ago a older gentleman tenant of mine who had been suffering severe long-time physical problems suddenly returned to his family's farm, where he committed suicide. His son-in-law came to retrieve his belongings from his apartment. He was so distraught that he couldn't stop crying, he loved this man so much. I too was touched by the event as I was very fond of him as well. He was a sweet man, and I liked him from the very first gentle word he spoke to me when I met him.

It is stressful for a family to come to terms with such an event, especially if the person is so loved as this man was. I don't know what your relationship was with your father, but it may have somewhat to do with your headaches. God bless.
We were a team and very close, we always suffered together and held one another up. I loved him so much and still do even though I am angry that he left me all alone.
I haven't spoken here about it because there is so much negative already but at the funeral, The family stopped in line after looking at Dads pictures and all and turned and went the other way, No handshake or hug or "nice funeral" or nothing.
They were all mad at me because I was left everything and they refuse to even speak to me. I hurts my feelings but it is what it is and I forgive them and am praying for them all.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Drink distilled water, Scotty. I ain't tellin' ya' what to do, but distilled water is the purest, and it removes toxins from your body. It's usually sold in stores in gallon jugs. If you have some lemons, cut one in half and squeeze half of it in a half glass of water (distilled is best) and then put a 1/4 tsp of baking soda in it. Do this over the sink, cuz it turns into a bubbling up volcano, so to speak. Then just drink it down.

Hugs n' prayers :hug:
Thank you and I will try this as I have two new jugs of it. :]

• Friendly
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We were a team and very close, we always suffered together and held one another up. I loved him so much and still do even though I am angry that he left me all alone.
I haven't spoken here about it because there is so much negative already but at the funeral, The family stopped in line after looking at Dads pictures and all and turned and went the other way, No handshake or hug or "nice funeral" or nothing.
They were all mad at me because I was left everything and they refuse to even speak to me. I hurts my feelings but it is what it is and I forgive them and am praying for them all.

:heart: No WONDER you have headaches. If it helps, start a blog and talk about this. Process this stuff. It's toxic what they did. God help us, sometimes family can be so confounding and be our worst enemies. It HURTS. I can relate. He HAD to step in and help me process it in a million ways and then some.

The headaches make perfect sense now.

Praying Scotty (((hug)))

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
:heart: No WONDER you have headaches. If it helps, start a blog and talk about this. Process this stuff. It's toxic what they did. God help us, sometimes family can be so confounding and be our worst enemies. It HURTS. I can relate. He HAD to step in and help me process it in a million ways and then some.

The headaches make perfect sense now.

Praying Scotty (((hug)))
Thank you, They are trying to contest everything and causing me trouble... I was the only one who even cared enough to help Dad, No one else would even call him, and they all think they are entitled to something.. lol Lord help us...
It will all be ok, I will let them do whatever they are going to do and I will glorify God :]

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
You have DISTILLED water?

Awesome!!! Praying over you and your water!!! :hug:
Yeah for some very odd reason, Dad had two bottles sitting in the laundry room that were never opened? So I brought them home

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you, They are trying to contest everything and causing me trouble... I was the only one who even cared enough to help Dad, No one else would even call him, and they all think they are entitled to something.. lol Lord help us...
It will all be ok, I will let them do whatever they are going to do and I will glorify God :]

:heart: Lift this up to God, and leave it there. He will take up the battle. It won't be "you" they are coming against, but "God" Himself. He will take it from there. When He does, He will be dealing with their hearts, minds, and souls, and protecting you and defending you simultaneously. Verses in Isaiah 54 come to mind, verses 15 and 17.

There is a REASON your dad left you everything. It was the safest thing to do. He was a wise man.

What comes to mind, is this storminess just crashing onto you, and a ship in an angry sea. and how God CAN calm the sea and still the storm, and get you through what could seem like insurmountable hurdles and ev'ry thing the enemy might throw at you, even using family to do so.

Praying that God gives you a steady course, my friend.

Steady as she goes. (((hug)))

7e7b893582f997aa392061a8e56e8f8e--pirate-art-pirate-ships.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah for some very odd reason, Dad had two bottles sitting in the laundry room that were never opened? So I brought them home

He did?! Your DAD blessed you, Scotty!!! Awww God is GOOD!!!!

Now this song just came to mind:

Upvote 0

Swords&Sunflowers

May 10, 2018
✟176,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Keeping you in prayers! And try cold compress, it helps with migrane headaches. I agree with Brinny, get hydrated. And eat. Your body needs energy during these stressful times.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have to disagree on the distilled water. You won't be receiving the needed minerals in distilled water as they are removed (Joel Wallach, MD). Filtered water is best as it only filters out the chemicals, not the nutrients. Real spring water is good but the plastic bottles are often not.

For each cup of coffee we drink we need 3 cups of water! Shoot for no more than 6 cups of coffee a day... plus the water!!!

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As for family, yep that's what they do.
Preface everything you say to them with: Dad wanted.... and end it with so I'm doing what Dad wanted.

Just keep saying the same thing because other words to them will give them stuff to argue back. Keep saying the same sentences... and march on. Someone will still steal or lie or cheat... count on it. Just you stay faithful and it won't come back to haunt you. Besides... it's just stuff anyway... God sees it all.... Dad doesn't mind now. (((hug)))

Upvote 0