• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bad headaches

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
That's something. At least you didn't slap them all silly! lol
Used to I would have. Now that I am a pastor what can I really do??? Stick my tongue out and threaten to take them off the prayer list?? lol

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The amount of minerals in regular water is insignificant considering the very small amount of extra water needed to keep one hydrated. Plus almost every well from which water is pumped has a different mineral content. There is also some debate whether the inorganic minerals in well water are actually used by the body.
haha, you already know, I expect,
that "regular" water has so much garbage in it that it causes more sickness than cigarettes and immunizations (which is a lot!) ....

for almost 200 years, maybe longer, distilled water has been used by those clinics and health caring people who 'cure' disease and help the body recover.

Sad that in many cities in the usa, there are more drugs and posins present than ever before , and they DON't have to tell people nor are they required to remove the problems - instead they ADD to them ! (internet search water testing tap contamination to see how wide spread this is ) ....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Eating is not so good. However I am sleeping better now. I drink way to much coffee and not enough water and that is one problem. Thank You
haha - [ part of ] problem identified. Solution / resolution of problem/ remains to be seen/ accomplished.
(dehydration is responsible for a lot of people's sicknesses / ailments)

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
that "regular" water has so much garbage in it that it causes more sickness than cigarettes and immunizations (which is a lot!) ....

for almost 200 years, maybe longer, distilled water has been used by those clinics and health caring people who 'cure' disease and help the body recover.

Sad that in many cities in the usa, there are more drugs and posins present than ever before , and they DON't have to tell people nor are they required to remove the problems - instead they ADD to them ! (internet search water testing tap contamination to see how wide spread this is ) ....
The problem is people flushing their pills down the toilet and washing them down the sink. It is added to our treatment facility and sent back into the streams and lakes.

• Agree
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

My city is famous for the quality of our water. However I have drank distilled water for so long that I can't stand city water. My throat actually closes up when I do drink it. My body doesn't want it and tells me so.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The problem is people flushing their pills down the toilet and washing them down the sink. It is added to our treatment facility and sent back into the streams and lakes.

This is a major problem with our water supply. Even ground water is no longer what it used to be. The day is coming when RO systems will be de rigour in homes and businesses. My best detox has come through distilled water, but I think RO is a close second. Most of our minerals come from food anyway.

I do think that your headaches are almost certainly from the stress you've been undergoing, but detoxing is one way to support yourself at this time. (Some fasting of some type might be another way.) And btw, caffeine essentially is one of the plant kingdom's own bug repellents. I like coffee, but I drink decaf, and now, only rarely.

May you enjoy the peace that passes understanding.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
My city is famous for the quality of our water. However I have drank distilled water for so long that I can't stand city water. My throat actually closes up when I do drink it. My body doesn't want it and tells me so.

"Spin" - a lot of 'cities'/towns/wells/etc are "famous" ------- AS IF -------- the water is good. It isn't.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Spin" - a lot of 'cities'/towns/wells/etc are "famous" ------- AS IF -------- the water is good. It isn't.

I just checked the 25 best cities and we aren't on the list (we used to be). :sorry:

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I just checked the 25 best cities and we aren't on the list (we used to be). :sorry:
Understood ( I think ) .

It doesn't matter - even the top 1 , even the top ten, no one should have to drink ...... (unless they are VERY different than all other cities that automatically (it seems) PUT TOXINS in the water supply,
AND
see the internet search/ as revealed for decades/ on "medicine" (drugs) IN THE WATER, at the tap, NOT taken out, and no warnings usually to those drinking or bathing in it.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
or bathing in it.

I recently put a filter on my shower, and the difference is noticeable. And I have deep well water.

That well water, btw, used to be spectacular drinking water. Now, a couple decades later, it is undrinkable, and it's so acidic it eats out copper pipes in no time. Our underground water is definitely being changed, and I'm not close to any city or large industry. If it's happening here, it's happening is most of the US. (Birth control pills alone are flooding the environment with estrogens, affecting all plant and animal life and our food supply.) Cities are not going to be able to cope with the degradation of the water supply, which is why RO and showerhead filters are, imv, a must.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I recently put a filter on my shower, and the difference is noticeable. And I have deep well water.

That well water, btw, used to be spectacular drinking water. Now, a couple decades later, it is undrinkable, and it's so acidic it eats out copper pipes in no time. Our underground water is definitely being changed, and I'm not close to any city or large industry. If it's happening here, it's happening is most of the US. (Birth control pills alone are flooding the environment with estrogens, affecting all plant and animal life and our food supply.) Cities are not going to be able to cope with the degradation of the water supply, which is why RO and showerhead filters are, imv, a must.
Yes, so far EVERYONE who has installed an inexpensive filter for their shower (and bath) has ALWAYS remarked the same -- it MAKES a BIG NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE.

Also, likewise important, THEIR skin trouble, when they had one, that WAS being treated (often) for years , GOES AWAY in 2 or 3 days !!!!!!! (and their health professional NEVER WARNED THEM about the troubles with bath/shower/tap water causing so MUCH TROUBLE) ....

Switching to drinking only distilled water is often wise, as all the health clinics curing disease have done for over a century, with good reason(s). (proven over and over and over for over a century).

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Our water is getting 'harder' as well. I used be able to clean the shower tiles with a little Lime-Away. Now I must use a razorblade scraper to cut through it even using a de-limer. Our plumber affirms this, that the water has much more mineral in it.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
the water has much more mineral in it.

People think minerals in water is a good thing, but free minerals accumulate in joints, on vessel walls, in the heart and lungs, brain and more. They act as catalysts for cholesterol accumulation leading to hardening of the arteries and hypertension, to arthritis and to heart and lung disease, and more. This is why I installed a bypass on the remineralizer part of my RO unit; I'd rather have the water as pure as possible. And it's why I think distilled is the best, at least for short-medium term use, since it's a magnet for free minerals. The best and most useful minerals are bound to organic molecules, which is what happens in food. I'm currently drinking 3qts a day, and I'm seeing a change, with even my eyesight improving measurably (minerals form the basis of cataracts).

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People think minerals in water is a good thing, but free minerals accumulate in joints, on vessel walls, in the heart and lungs, brain and more. They act as catalysts for cholesterol accumulation leading to hardening of the arteries and hypertension, to arthritis and to heart and lung disease, and more. This is why I installed a bypass on the remineralizer part of my RO unit; I'd rather have the water as pure as possible. And it's why I think distilled is the best, at least for short-medium term use, since it's a magnet for free minerals. The best and most useful minerals are bound to organic molecules, which is what happens in food. I'm currently drinking 3qts a day, and I'm seeing a change, with even my eyesight improving measurably (minerals form the basis of cataracts).

I have drank distilled water exclusively for over forty years. However I am developing cataracts in my right eye (runs in my family). I also have coronary artery disease and have had bypass surgery. While minerals are found in the substance that blocks arteries I think the main culprit is plaque, the same plaque that forms on your teeth and tongue. It is a product of poor digestion. If you have this sticky plaque on the back of your tongue you have it coursing through your arteries as well.

This is only my opinion and not a medically proven fact.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've been on 3 qts of water a day for 75 days now. First, distilled, then RO. I have local CSS style sheets that let me dictate how web sites will look in my browser. I can control the colors, fonts, etc of any web site. Over the past year I kept on increasing the size of the fonts to accommodate declining eyesight. A month ago I started decreasing them back to where they had been. After a few days I noticed that it was a pattern which I repeated on each of the sites that I frequent. The only difference is the amount of water I was taking of late, vs. being dehydrated before. Based on that I found the cataract-mineral connection, which I read about, plausible. Or maybe it's simply the amount of water I'm using is cleaning out something else. I'm not a doctor but whatever the exact mechanism, the water has brought very noticeable changes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Well if you water your house plants and they die, Your water might not be drinkable and city water kills houseplants. I still drink a lot of spring water cause I am by a spring and I like it a lot as it is ice cold and pure. Taste great and those stray minnows that get in your cup add protein. lol

Upvote 0