• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bad headaches

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have to disagree on the distilled water. You won't be receiving the needed minerals in distilled water as they are removed (Joel Wallach, MD). Filtered water is best as it only filters out the chemicals, not the nutrients. Real spring water is good but the plastic bottles are often not.

For each cup of coffee we drink we need 3 cups of water! Shoot for no more than 6 cups of coffee a day... plus the water!!!

Hi Jean. Love you sis, but that's the point of distilled water...that it draws out impurities, etc, and there is absolutely nothing in it to harm you. i don't object to filtered water, however, and i do respect your vast knowledge on health issues, thank you.

Hugggs sis :hug:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you, They are trying to contest everything and causing me trouble... I was the only one who even cared enough to help Dad, No one else would even call him, and they all think they are entitled to something.. lol Lord help us...
It will all be ok, I will let them do whatever they are going to do and I will glorify God :]

Methinks this is the cause of your headaches.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aww, yeah headaches are very common to experience during grief. Are you going out fishing again? Going for quiet walks? Anything to quiet the mind should help and yes, drinking alot of water and also drinking chamomile teas can help calm the tension. You could probably also benefit from a massage therapist and get them to break down the muscle and get the healing going. Hot baths help alot, too.

I'm not going on the water debate but I've heard iffy things about long term use of distilled water, too. See if it helps short term and go from there. :)

Sorry to hear about your sucky family. Seriously. I just don't understand people like that.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have to disagree on the distilled water. You won't be receiving the needed minerals in distilled water as they are removed (Joel Wallach, MD). Filtered water is best as it only filters out the chemicals, not the nutrients. Real spring water is good but the plastic bottles are often not.

For each cup of coffee we drink we need 3 cups of water! Shoot for no more than 6 cups of coffee a day... plus the water!!!

The amount of minerals in regular water is insignificant considering the very small amount of extra water needed to keep one hydrated. Plus almost every well from which water is pumped has a different mineral content. There is also some debate whether the inorganic minerals in well water are actually used by the body.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hahaaaa! Ok, well if Scotty uses the two containers of distilled water, it won't hurt him, and if he can get filtered water, that's good too. Looks like we're all coming from the same direction, bottom line.

No water debate here. :)

Love y'all :groupray:

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Aww, yeah headaches are very common to experience during grief. Are you going out fishing again? Going for quiet walks? Anything to quiet the mind should help and yes, drinking alot of water and also drinking chamomile teas can help calm the tension. You could probably also benefit from a massage therapist and get them to break down the muscle and get the healing going. Hot baths help alot, too.

I'm not going on the water debate but I've heard iffy things about long term use of distilled water, too. See if it helps short term and go from there. :)

Sorry to hear about your sucky family. Seriously. I just don't understand people like that.
Thanks and no, I just don't wanna fish right now, Last time I went, Dad went with me and we had a good time and I cherish that. In fact I keep trying to think of everything we talked about. We had our thermos of coffee and I poured us a cup and we talked about God and the old farm, [We used to farm the old creek bottoms where we were fishing] and we discussed us catching big fish in the past and of course we cut up a lot as usual. We always joked and picked on each other a lot. I just cannot see anything leading to this and I want a note so badly, I have torn everything apart and found nothing so I guess I wont ever know why he choose to leave me?
I don't even care what that family does, They could have it all as far as I am concerned but it was Dads last will that I have it all and he left them all 5 US dollars.
Oh boy that went over well!!! He made his point quite well I think.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Change the locks on the doors. :) You never know.
So much to do just in case.

One of my sisters was out of the will and bamboozled another sister who was health care surrogate to give her copies of each set of new keys I made (stuff was disappearing)... I checked the place often and last..found windows slightly open (ready for reentry) oh I won't continue.

Tell them to take it up with him in their prayers. ;)

Hang tight. It's part of growing up errrr old.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Change the locks on the doors. :) You never know.
So much to do just in case.

One of my sisters was out of the will and bamboozled another sister who was health care surrogate to give her copies of each set of new keys I made (stuff was disappearing)... I checked the place often and last..found windows slightly open (ready for reentry) oh I won't continue.

Tell them to take it up with him in their prayers. ;)

Hang tight. It's part of growing up errrr old.
Lol, I told them I forgive them and that I would be praying for them. But I bit my tongue as I said it. lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Lol, I told them I forgive them and that I would be praying for them. But I bit my tongue as I said it. lol

LOL! Well at least you said it. God takes it from there :hug:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hahaaaa! Ok, well if Scotty uses the two containers of distilled water, it won't hurt him, and if he can get filtered water, that's good too. Looks like we're all coming from the same direction, bottom line.

No water debate here. :)

Love y'all :groupray:

WHAT?! NO DEBATES, tangents, or spinoffs!?
What are the forums coming to. :swoon:

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have Dad's half gallon of Evan Williams left there is half of it left and I saved it, I do not know why

Maybe you will later on.
LOL My dad used to smoke Philly Cheroots on Saturdays as he watched baseball....those little cherry flavored cigars? For years and years after he died, I would smoke one on his birthday and just reminisce. I could still.... July 5th....

I'm sure you know the preacher's story of how he was preaching against drinking... and in front of the congregation he dropped a live worm into a glass of liquor. The worm quickly died. So he asked the congregation, "You know what that means, don't you?" And a little girl in the front pew says, "If you drink you won't have worms?" :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Maybe you will later on.
LOL My dad used to smoke Philly Cheroots on Saturdays as he watched baseball....those little cherry flavored cigars? For years and years after he died, I would smoke one on his birthday and just reminisce. I could still.... July 5th....

I'm sure you know the preacher's story of how he was preaching against drinking... and in front of the congregation he dropped a live worm into a glass of liquor. The worm quickly died. So he asked the congregation, "You know what that means, don't you?" And a little girl in the front pew says, "If you drink you won't have worms?" :D
Lol yeah I wouldn't dare to go back to that lifestyle as that is what satan would want.
A mixed drink would be very good right now no doubt, but it wouldn't change anything and my ordeal will still be here tomorrow.
I will dump it out eventually but I just haven't been able to yet.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
WHAT?! NO DEBATES, tangents, or spinoffs!?
What are the forums coming to. :swoon:
WEEEELLLL let's try again... I think spring water is better!!!!!! The real stuff, Not bottled in new york city :] Lol Thanks guys

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I have suffered from severe headaches since the day I found my Father had commited suicide. I have never had them before, At least to this extent.
I have been having them everyday now and Tuesday was a month since this happened.
Do you think it is stress? Or related somehow?
Stress can and does exacerbate weaknesses and problems and imbalances in the body (including very commonly causing poor eyesight, among many other common ailments easily resolved if the truth is sought).

Find someone who is known to be successful testing and evaluating and helping naturally,
and you will have found someone rare indeed. (and NEVER post their names or anything that can identify them on public internet sites - they would be subject to attacks and a lot of unwelcome attention from others seeking to do them harm or to silence them) .

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's something. At least you didn't slap them all silly! lol

Upvote 0