Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, do all Christians love babies?
Yes.

But they can be deceived into thinking they don't. :(

Galatians 6:3
For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

These are they who have not their minds renewed.

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes.

For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

Although, if one looks at the world, it would appear that Christians in certain denominations only love their own babies, instead of adopting or assisting babies already in the world - and starving. Some Christians love their own babies so much that they buy them things made by young children in sweatshops. :doh:

There is not requirement that a Christian must love to take direct care of a baby, ie, changing diapers, etc. There is a requirement for Christians to love others as general humanity and treat others as they would want to be treated. That is the key aim, the golden rule.

The golden rule is not "everyone must have babies and love other people's babies and think that changing diapers and staying up all night for all-night feedings is cute".

I, for one, find babies adorable and full of hope. If just us adults could give those babies what they need so that they can live up to the hope...

Reactions: Rebekka
Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although, if one looks at the world, it would appear that Christians in certain denominations only love their own babies, instead of adopting or assisting babies already in the world - and starving. Some Christians love their own babies so much that they buy them things made by young children in sweatshops. :doh:

That's oh soo true! :o
It's really sad when someone receives the Love of God, only to hide it under a bushel! :blush:

There is not requirement that a Christian must love to take direct care of a baby, ie, changing diapers, etc.
Agreed. Chores are chores.

There is a requirement for Christians to love others as general humanity and treat others as they would want to be treated. That is the key aim, the golden rule.

The golden rule is not "everyone must have babies and love other people's babies and think that changing diapers and staying up all night for all-night feedings is cute".
And the golden rule is to do unto Jesus as He's done unto you.

1 Corinthians 6:20
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

I, for one, find babies adorable and full of hope. If just us adults could give those babies what they need so that they can live up to the hope...
:groupray:

Upvote 0

Ryanswife

Opinionated One
Jul 7, 2008
✟8,160.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

There is not requirement that a Christian must love to take direct care of a baby, ie, changing diapers, etc. There is a requirement for Christians to love others as general humanity and treat others as they would want to be treated. That is the key aim, the golden rule.

I will admit that I am not fond of alot of children and there is no way that I would adopt or foster children. However, I am a very giving person and I give money to help children as well as buy christmas gifts for unfortunate children and donate toys and clothes to shelters. I may not help physically, but I am ready and willing to help financially because I don't want to see any child going hungry or being without the things that they have need of. We are all called to help in different ways.

Reactions: SallyNow
Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes.

that's pretty much a lie.

there is no Christian mandate to like babies, any more than there is to like olives, or green tea.

Reactions: platzapS
Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that's pretty much a lie.

there is no Christian mandate to like babies, any more than there is to like olives, or green tea.
The question wasn't LIKE, it was LOVE!
And Christians are commanded to Love!

John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; even as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Romans 13:8
Owe no man anything, save to love one another: for he that loveth his neighbor hath fulfilled the law.

1 John 3:1-12 ASV
Behold what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are. For this cause the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we children of God, and it is not yet made manifest what we shall be. We know that, if he shall be manifested, we shall be like him; for we shall see him even as he is. And every one that hath this hope set on him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. Every one that doeth sin doeth also lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. And ye know that he was manifested to take away sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither knoweth him.
My little children, let no man lead you astray: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous: he that doeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. To this end was the Son of God manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is begotten of God doeth no sin, because his seed abideth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is begotten of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. For this is the message which ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another: not as Cain was of the evil one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The question wasn't LIKE, it was LOVE!
And Christians are commanded to Love!

John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; even as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Romans 13:8
Owe no man anything, save to love one another: for he that loveth his neighbor hath fulfilled the law.

1 John 3:1-12 ASV
Behold what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are. For this cause the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we children of God, and it is not yet made manifest what we shall be. We know that, if he shall be manifested, we shall be like him; for we shall see him even as he is. And every one that hath this hope set on him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. Every one that doeth sin doeth also lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. And ye know that he was manifested to take away sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither knoweth him.
My little children, let no man lead you astray: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous: he that doeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. To this end was the Son of God manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is begotten of God doeth no sin, because his seed abideth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is begotten of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. For this is the message which ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another: not as Cain was of the evil one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
yes, I know.

we are commanded to love.

how? by laying down our lives for each other, as Christ did.

that has nothing to do with liking babies.

I don't like my exwife much either, but God expects me to love her.

and how is it that I love her? I treat her better than she deserves. Because I've been treated better than I deserve. I forgive her, not because she deserves it, but because God forgave me.

THAT is love. like is another matter entirely.

you're confusing the two.

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes, I know.

we are commanded to love.
Like and love are two separate things.

One is an emotion, the other is a choice.

how? by laying down our lives for each other, as Christ did.
Actually, that's the man's role.

Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself up for it;

Not to imply that we women do not also participate in this Grace. ;)

that has nothing to do with liking babies.
No, it doesn't.

But that's NOT the question that was directed at me.

I don't like my exwife much either, but God expects me to love her.
By His Grace it shall be so! :amen:

and how is it that I love her? I treat her better than she deserves. Because I've been treated better than I deserve. I forgive her, not because she deserves it, but because God forgave me.
PRAISE GOD!!! :clap:

THAT is love. like is another matter entirely.
I never said it wasn't.

Nor did I ever imply that like is love.
Rather, my words have been twisted! :p

you're confusing the two.
No I am not, and that's twice you've accused me of sin in this thread! :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
no. Post 113 is a funny picture. I said nothing about being judgemental.

post 127, you misunderstood what I meant. You believe it, hence, you weren't lying. the statement is not true, therefore it is a lie. YOU, however, are just mistaken.

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
YOU, however, are just mistaken.

preacher%20small.GIF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

.Sabre.

Aliens ate my custom title.
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2006
Chasing the sun's fading light
✟40,588.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
JT:
We're in the same boat. I am intensely, unbelievably uncomfortable around small children. Everyone tells me I will get broody someday, but that's not ruddy likely. I don't like kids. Just the way I am wired, I think.

Reactions: Rebekka
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.